Overranked?

craigsker

Yes, we're overrated. I have no problem saying it. We have not played football deserving of a team ranked in the Top 10.

That said, if you look across the entire Top 25, how many teams truly deserve to be where they are ? OU, LSU and Alabama are some of the few teams who I think are right where they should be.

Yes, we're overrated. I have no problem saying it. We have not played football deserving of a team ranked in the Top 10.

That said, if you look across the entire Top 25, how many teams truly deserve to be where they are ? OU, LSU and Alabama are some of the few teams who I think are right where they should be.

You can't say your first paragraph without taking the second into consideration. Rankings aren't based simply on quality of performance. There has to be a team ranked #7 in the country every week. If we arbitrarily say that being ranked #7 requires a team to have X number of losses and X offensive and X defensive stats, then you'd have a hole at #7 every year when nobody fits that criteria.

Let's say a national champion should be a team with no more than one loss and with a SOS in the top 50. That seems more than reasonable, but it also means that there would be no #1 team in 2007. In fact, a strong case could be made that there should have been NO top-ten teams at the end of 2007 if we're just basing it off how teams look on the field and W/L records.

It just doesn't work that way. You have to take the teams available, with all their flaws, and rank them in order of best to worst. Someone is going to be ranked in the top ten without having "worthy" stats every week, every year.

I don't see how were over ranked at all. Have we played top national championship level football absolutely not have we played top 10 level yes. I watch a lot of football and even the dreaded gameday broadcast with those espn dbags and Lou Holtz who I swear is the voice guy for Sylvester. Some of the games i've watched are Boise vs. Georgia, TCU vs. Baylor, Alabama vs. Penn State, Iowa vs. Iowa State, Auburn vs. Mississippi State, LSU vs. Mississippi State, Oklahoma vs. Florida State, every Nebraska game so far and various others flipping to them during commercial breaks. Out of all the games i've watch the only three that are showing they deserve top 10 are Oklahoma, LSU and Boise State. Those teams have a lot of talen and I'm betting will win their conference with a possible LSU vs. Oklahoma in the national title game. All of the others look average for the first couple weeks showing they are good but can be beat. Out of the all teams in the top 25 I would say Nebraska could hang with and have a shot at winning other than Oklahoma, LSU and maybe Boise State.

I guess my question is would we be able to represent a top ten team against LSU, Alabama, Oregon, Boise State. I am afraid if we played last weekend we would have been slaughtered. If we do not make huge strides within the next ten days we have a royal ass whipping coming in Madison. I do not see us stopping their passing attack nor the running attack. I just do not believe Dennard is the key to the whole defense, one man does not a team make. SUH being an exception. lol

I don't see how were over ranked at all. Have we played top national championship level football absolutely not have we played top 10 level yes. I watch a lot of football and even the dreaded gameday broadcast with those espn dbags and Lou Holtz who I swear is the voice guy for Sylvester. Some of the games i've watched are Boise vs. Georgia, TCU vs. Baylor, Alabama vs. Penn State, Iowa vs. Iowa State, Auburn vs. Mississippi State, LSU vs. Mississippi State, Oklahoma vs. Florida State, every Nebraska game so far and various others flipping to them during commercial breaks. Out of all the games i've watch the only three that are showing they deserve top 10 are Oklahoma, LSU and Boise State. Those teams have a lot of talen and I'm betting will win their conference with a possible LSU vs. Oklahoma in the national title game. All of the others look average for the first couple weeks showing they are good but can be beat. Out of the all teams in the top 25 I would say Nebraska could hang with and have a shot at winning other than Oklahoma, LSU and maybe Boise State.

yep, sometimes i wonder if other people watch other college games or just see the highlights on espn. Wisconsins D is really slow, and Bama deosnt have much of an offense besides richardson. LSU's defense is great, with a pretty decent offense. OU and LSU look legit right now, everyone else has some flaws, and is no more deserving of a top ten then we are.

The media is having a field day stating that Taylor cant throw and our D is soft ect. Saw a couple analysts on tv give their opinion.

I personally think that as the year goes on we will improve steadily on D.

We have plenty of underclassman getting into the fire and the freshman on offense we have played look to have much talent.