Most Overrated / Most Underrated

How is Ankrah underrated? He has 5 total tackles in 4 games.

I had the same number of tackles against Washington as he did.

Football is about more than just stats. Unlike most people on this board, I think the Dline has done fairly well this year. As The Dude said above, if we clean up our play in the secondary and start blanketing WR's, I think you would be surprised how dominant our Dline is.

People who think crick is Overrated make me lol...

2-gap anyone?

I was glad that I found someone who said it before I did.

When Crick is ALLOWED, yes, I said ALLOWED to penetraite and get to the QB, he becomes one of the toughest guys in the nation to deal with. If I were given the keys to this DL, I would go:

LE - Baker

DT- Moore

DT- Crick

RE - Meredith

I really think that would be an amazing DL.

• Fire 1

Overrated - our defense is living on reputation alone right now. I'd have T. Moore over Steinkuhler at DT. This is the game to have The Blackshirts shut up all the naysayers which I am currently one. So, I hope they shut me up.

Underrated - Choi has been moving guys big time. J. Turner, K. Reed - both these guys are underutilized IMO.

People who think crick is Overrated make me lol...

2-gap anyone?

I was glad that I found someone who said it before I did.

When Crick is ALLOWED, yes, I said ALLOWED to penetraite and get to the QB, he becomes one of the toughest guys in the nation to deal with. If I were given the keys to this DL, I would go:

LE - Baker

DT- Moore

DT- Crick

RE - Meredith

I really think that would be an amazing DL.

"In Bo Pelini's defensive scheme, Crick's job is quite simple: cause as much chaos and distraction as possible, so others may benefit.

"In our defense, the most important thing a defensive tackle can do is keep (offensive linemen) from getting to the linebackers," said NU defensive coordinator Carl Pelini. "It doesn't always lend itself to statistics. That's why I hate preseason hype. Because all they look at is stats. I look at the grades, and he's playing really well."

http://www.omaha.com/article/20110928/BIGRED/709289690/-1#shatel-don-t-close-book-on-crick-yet

Football is about more than just stats. Unlike most people on this board, I think the Dline has done fairly well this year. As The Dude said above, if we clean up our play in the secondary and start blanketing WR's, I think you would be surprised how dominant our Dline is.

Still doesn’t change the fact that he started and played a whole game and recorded ZERO tackles. He could have fallen on a pile and got an assist. That didn’t even happen.

Crick, Steinkuhler, Moore, and Merideth have all done things in every game they have played that I actually remember. I can honestly not remember anything standing out about Ankrah besides his sack.

I’m not arguing that when it is all said and done he won’t turn out to be a really good DE. I’m just saying as it stands right now, 4 games in as a starter, he has done nothing to warrant being called underrated. If you ask me since he has been a huge non-factor and is a starter I would put him more towards the overrated side. That could all change though.

FWIW: I think the DL as a whole has played pretty well. I think the problems with the defense don’t start up front, they start with 2/3 of the starting LB’s being out of position and not fast enough to make up the difference. You can through in the underwhelming play of our nickel and dime personnel also.