Can we say something positive?

NU41SB

Here is one we haven't brought up. Last year we got to play Washington a second time after beating them soundly. Maybe we just set up Wisconsin for the same scenario.

T_O_B

G>B>R

and for good measure, we whipped them the third time. I know not whipped, but beat good. I have comforted myself with the same thought.

We were the only college football team to win 5 national championships in the last 3 decades of the last century (1970-2000)

Only 3 other teams (Bama, USC, Miami*) have won 5 NC's in the last 41 years.

The Big Ten has only won 5 NC's combined in that 41 year period (PennSt 2, OSU 2, Michigan 1- the other 8 members 0)

Sorry, ever since the Callahan era, when I need to force myself into a positive mood I have to go back to that period of time when I became a Husker fan.

It's not bandwagon hopping either. I was born in Nebraska early-mid 60's. I got Johnny Rodgers autograph when he was playing. Went to UNL early 80's. Gave Jamie Williams a ride to Roziers place one night-met the triplets. Would see Remington on campus virtually every other day. Not name dropping or bragging but trying to give some of these youngsters an idea why some of us have so much trouble accepting the adversity of the last 10+ years. Cut us a little slack when we boil over and complain.

I add this --- Rex Burkhead, Cam Meredith, Quincy Enuwa, Lavonte David and, I am sure others too who are less noticeable --- each of these guys have great motors, play hard every play, play w/o fear, and leave it all on the field. Kudos to them.

Also, I like how hard our freshman receiver plays --- Jamal Turner is scrappy and seems really to have a big heart --- he is a little skinny and pretty small but he plays tough and has good hands.

Ameer Abdulah is quite the athlete and will have a bright future.

We have some guys, like those listed, who should be congratulated. They play hard. they play tough. Glad they are Huskers

Stafford is a guy I would add to your list as well. I really like what I've seen so far from him.

First of all, they are not "Kids". These are young men. They very well could be in Iraq/Afghanistan instead of playing a game. Do you call our brave soldiers "Kids"? No. They are brave MEN.

Secondly, T-Mart had a bad game, but the coaches are not putting him in a position to excel. That is on them.

Lastly, I think the defense is going to be a work in progress all season. I don't see us going 11-1, but I think we can get a rematch in the B1G championship game. I have faith in this team and hopefully they can turn it around this week vs tOSU.

As far as anything good about this game. It's over and we got out w/out any major injuries. That was a positive.

Positives, umm.......

The Dline actually looked decent for most of the game, the fact that Wilson is a freak athlete and escaped them on some plays is an element that NU will see only once more(ie Dennard Robinson). The fact they were on the field for 35+minutes will show throught out the game.

The OLine(as mentioned) played better than I had expected.

Abdullah and Turner, enough said.

Brandon Kinnie caught a tough ball

Bo was given every chance to be caught by an ESPN camera to go ape, and remained calm(for the most part)

The Heisman House commercial was hilarious

That is about all I got

I add this --- Rex Burkhead, Cam Meredith, Quincy Enuwa, Lavonte David and, I am sure others too who are less noticeable --- each of these guys have great motors, play hard every play, play w/o fear, and leave it all on the field. Kudos to them.

Also, I like how hard our freshman receiver plays --- Jamal Turner is scrappy and seems really to have a big heart --- he is a little skinny and pretty small but he plays tough and has good hands.

We have some guys, like those listed, who should be congratulated. They play hard. they play tough. Glad they are Huskers

Stafford is a guy I would add to your list as well. I really like what I've seen so far from him.

Good call --- I forgot him. And our kicker/punter is doing well too.

Good call --- I forgot him. And our kicker/punter is doing well too.

I would agree, we have a very young team with a bright future ahead of them. Think of where we'll be in a year or two!

I get it. None of us like to see the team lose, including myself. It just seems to be that some people try to live vicariously through these kids. I'm am pretty sure that these kids are competitive and hate to lose as well. But for some reason, I seems that some of the posters here, take a loss harder than the team. I fail to believe that they are not upset for their showing in Madison on Saturday night. Some people seem to, for a lack of better terms, act like grade school kids and throw rocks at the "not-so-popular" kids that are across the street. I just think that we need to stand behind the team rather than break them down. Maybe it is the father in me that just can't understand why "we" as the fans, sit behind the computer screen and "throw rocks". Yes we can criticize, but couldn't we keep it from being personal? Remember that these are just "kids" and I'm sure that they are doing the best they can.

So I'll start out and say something positive and hopefully we can at least knock some of the negative threads off the first page.

I'll say something about Martinez since he seems to be getting the most flak. He started the game 6/8 I believe. So that should tell us that the potential is there. Yes it needs polished, and yes it like won't ever be "great". However, I do believe that he can be good and lead the team to win a lot of games.

This is just my two cents

I appreciate your 'two cents'. Here's mine: I will support our team no matter what. While it was a big game, it was only one game. I thought we played great first quarter. We went with them toe to toe. I actually don't think that Wisconsin is that good. If they didn't have Wilson, what would they have looked like? We'll find out next year when he's gone. I liked it that Wiscy was a little rattled that first quarter. We knocked their qb on his backside a couple of times. That first quarter was good football.

So, GBR! BEAT BUCKEYES!