Phillip Dillard calls for the replacement of Martinez at QB

Just because you guys use big letters, doesn't always mean that your point has any better chance of being made

Now you tell me. Where was this advice an hour ago?

Says you, Walksalone.

As soon as I saw the large color lettering, I *knew* that this was an important point that was 100% correct. It's internet law or something.

I see when I've "been told"...

@KBellJr80:

Next person to say anything about my QB to me, im slapping in the face. No warning. #tryme

http://twitter.com/#...660884497088512

and if anyone has a right to be mad at their qb, it would be the wrs.

Kenny Bell is probably one of the best kids on the team, and well liked. Heard him in a few interviews and he is as well spoken a kid as we have as well.

With that said, I think it speaks more that of the many football players that have Twitter, only about 3 (past and present that I have seen) have even said a word about this little 'movement'. If it wasn't for Kenny and Yoshi, I doubt I would have even read that Twitter account before I got on the board tonight.

Personally, I don't see the need and why Taylor is that hurt after one loss. When he was winning, he would gloat to folks in class and teammates at practice about how good he was doing. But then he loses a game, and suddenly he doesn't want to hear the other end of the spectrum. When you are the QB, it comes with the territory.

Try being Garrett Gilbert, or even in recent Husker history, Jammal Lord. If you want to see QBs who got more criticism than they ever deserved, it would be those guys. What Taylor has gotten is a walk in the park compared to what most QBs have to struggle with.

I called it from the very beginning that Gilbert was overrated. Just because he played during the NC game against Alabama doesn't mean a thing.

Wow, nice pissing match,lol.

I wouldn't have done it the way Dillard did, that's for sure. I think if he would have waited till after the game, maybe he wouldn't have either. { the heat of the battle and all}. He was just saying what we were all thinking, after that third int.

No I don't think Carnes should start against OSU, but I think he should start getting some playing time. Like many of us have said since the Wis game, Beck needs to design his offense to Martinez's strengths, not what he wants to show of his own play calling abilities. He will have plenty of time if he sticks around, to show us what kind of OC he will become. Maybe he will be a great OC, but not if he lets his ego to prove himself, out way, what he has to work with.

GBR!!!

Looks like Bo is changing his tune about this whole Brion-is-far-away-from-playing thing:

T-Magic is Pelini's starter. However, "Brion's getting better," Pelini said. "He's still growing.I'm not afraid to put Brion in the game."

Per Steve Sipple, via Twitter.

I'm not sure this is a change at all. Hasn't Bo always said he's not afraid to put Brion in the game? Hasn't he always said he likes his depth at QB. I think there's a difference between being far away from playing and being far away from starting.

I'm curious which it is now. There have to be 100 posts in the last week quoting Bo saying that Carnes is not ready, and that Carnes himself says he is not ready.

Like many have said, he may really not be ready, but we really don't know either, I would just like to see him get a series or two of meaningful time so we can see.

As to Dilliard (which I think is the thread topic), I believe being a Husker player, past or present, is like being part of a big, extended family. And while I think he is certainly entitled to his opinion, and he is entitled to express it publically, phrase it in a way that isn't quite so blunt. Have a little tact.

@KBellJr80:

Next person to say anything about my QB to me, im slapping in the face. No warning. #tryme

Kenny Bell is probably one of the best kids on the team, and well liked. Heard him in a few interviews and he is as well spoken a kid as we have as well.

With that said, I think it speaks more that of the many football players that have Twitter, only about 3 (past and present that I have seen) have even said a word about this little 'movement'. If it wasn't for Kenny and Yoshi, I doubt I would have even read that Twitter account before I got on the board tonight.

Personally, I don't see the need and why Taylor is that hurt after one loss. When he was winning, he would gloat to folks in class and teammates at practice about how good he was doing. But then he loses a game, and suddenly he doesn't want to hear the other end of the spectrum. When you are the QB, it comes with the territory.

Try being Garrett Gilbert, or even in recent Husker history, Jammal Lord. If you want to see QBs who got more criticism than they ever deserved, it would be those guys. What Taylor has gotten is a walk in the park compared to what most QBs have to struggle with.

I called it from the very beginning that Gilbert was overrated. Just because he played during the NC game against Alabama doesn't mean a thing.

Overrated or not, he still beat us. I would honestly take Gilbert if he wanted to transfer here.

Overrated or not, he still beat us. I would honestly take Gilbert if he wanted to transfer here.

I would take him, too. I don't hear anything about him that makes me think he's not worth adding to the roster. It's also not as if we're overflowing with healthy quarterbacks at this point.

Like many have said, he may really not be ready, but we really don't know either, I would just like to see him get a series or two of meaningful time so we can see.

That's exactly it. Unless he still doesn't have the playbook down (which would indicate a serious issue to me), how do we know if he's ready or not if we don't get to see him play in actual game time? Yeah, he didn't look very good against UTC, but he was only in for a few plays, and I'm pretty sure he only threw one or two passes, if that even.

@KBellJr80:

No way.

He's runs OK for his size and can throw the ball but I really don't think that's what Beck is looking for considering they recruited Tommy Armstrong.

That's exactly it. Unless he still doesn't have the playbook down (which would indicate a serious issue to me), how do we know if he's ready or not if we don't get to see him play in actual game time? Yeah, he didn't look very good against UTC, but he was only in for a few plays, and I'm pretty sure he only threw one or two passes, if that even.

Let's say he really isn't ready. Should Beck put him in just to show the fans that he isn't? The consensus seems to be that we don't know whether he's ready or not, and we would like to see for ourselves. Is it really that important to show the fans on the field?

Let's say he really isn't ready. Should Beck put him in just to show the fans that he isn't? The consensus seems to be that we don't know whether he's ready or not, and we would like to see for ourselves. Is it really that important to show the fans on the field?

No, he should put him in so that when or if TM gets hurt (we know he's not coming out any other way), the guy stepping onto the field at least as a little game time experience.

Plus, if Bo says he's not afraid to put him in the game, then he must not be as "not-ready" as everybody says (how hard is that to read).

I don't mean the fans. What I mean is, what are the coaches seeing that makes them think that he's not ready to play? Unless it's knowledge of the playbook, I don't see what puts him at a disadvantage to Taylor (as a QB, not as a pure athlete).

I'm not saying we should be promoting Carnes to starter, but I see no reason not to play him in situations like we were in against Wisconsin.

Knapplc, being as it appears you and bshirt are the biggest TM supporter on here, I would think you would want Carnes to get a couple of series, because then when he fails (as it is so continuously pointed out that he is not ready) you can show all of us that want to see him how wrong we are and then we'll stop clamoring for him.

I really do know that the most popular player is always the backup QB, and nine times out of ten, he ends up being worse than the guy on the field. But really, would it have done any damage to get Carnes a little time against Wisconsin?

Knapplc, being as it appears you and bshirt are the biggest TM supporter on here, I would think you would want Carnes to get a couple of series, because then when he fails (as it is so continuously pointed out that he is not ready) you can show all of us that want to see him how wrong we are and then we'll stop clamoring for him.

I really do know that the most popular player is always the backup QB, and nine times out of ten, he ends up being worse than the guy on the field. But really, would it have done any damage to get Carnes a little time against Wisconsin?

Don't misunderstand my stance on Martinez. I recognize that he is the current best option we have, and that our other option is still learning. That does not equate to unequivocal support, or blind support, though. I am highly critical of Martinez' game, his ball-control, his errant reads, etc. I just end up spending more of my time dispelling myths about the guy than critically analyzing his game. If we could have threads that weren't angst-driven hyperbole and were simply focused on his game, your opinion of my opinion would be quite different.

I wouldn't care to "show all of you" that you're wrong, because I don't think you're wrong (or that, by inference, I'm "right"). In fact, I agree with you that Carnes really should be getting reps in these games, even early, like we did with Cody last year where we planned to put him in for a series or two early in most every game. Carnes is one hit away from having to take over, and he's gotten, what? 15 snaps all year? To quote Goose, "This is not good! This is not good!"