What Have We Learned???

I understand that Michigan State has had a tough schedule this last month, but that's college football. I don't hear SEC teams complaining about being tired from playing 4 good teams in a row.

I'm not indifferent to fatigue, but it just seems funny that some people are talking about how "tired" MSU might be, and not about how Nebraska was able to move the ball up and down the field on a defense that actually got stronger this week with the return of Gholston.

Nebraska has a nice team, and played really well yesterday. Please don't take my comment above as a complaint from an MSU fan, I just said that as something to consider going forward when projecting how our teams may fare in future games. Simply put, we (MSU) had a tough October but the benefit of that (for us) is an easier November schedule. No complaints here. This is B1G football, you have to toughen up and just win. We didn't execute yesterday, and your team did.

With that being said, I completely echo the posts above that the Nebraska team that played yesterday (and going forward) is definitely not the same team that played in Madison earlier this year. Road games are tough, night road games are even tougher. You have a really nice team, and (rightfully so) are in the drivers seat for the division crown.

Frankly, I have to give a lot of credit to your players and coaches for doing the things that led to your 21-pt victory. The defense was incredible in shutting down almost all of our passing game, making our offense almost non-existent all day. That in turn led to our defense being on the field a lot, and getting worn down. The two big drives you had on offense to start the second half gobbled up a lot of time, and really put the game out of reach. All well done by Nebraska. The halftime adjustments you made were well thought out, and again, the better team on the field won yesterday, no question about it.

I think after this week we have learned that there are several good teams in the conference (Neb, Wis, OSU, MSU), several not so good teams (Purdue, Indiana, NW, Minn), teams where the jury is still out (PSU, Mich, Iowa, Illini), and overall no great teams in the B1G this year. What that simply means is there are several teams who could end up winning their division, and either of those division winners could beat the other in Indy. Good luck from here on out, and I wish the best to a good Husker team backed by great group of fans.

• Fire 1

D backs played an excellent game

O Line played very well and wore down a good defensive unit

Rex is totally unbelievable and most certainly not human

Carl/Bo put together a very good D gameplan

Beck called a very good game and continuosly impresses me with his in game adjustments

Taylor can throw certain passes in the right situations.

Taylor cannot throw certain passes in the wrong situation.

The equipment managers need to check on that back-ordered Stickum because apparently they were out of stock today.

I can't believe the MSU team we faced today beat the Wisconsin team we faced a few weeks ago.

Momentum and mojo are real factors, not to be over looked, in college football.

As well as we played most of today, we still haven't played a full 4 quarters on both sides of the ball. When we do, look out.

The CCG will be much different than our first meeting with the Badgers.

Not an attack at all, but just curiosity, I thought the game was a complete game--what do you think made it almost a full game?

I didn't want to concentrate on the negatives but since you asked;

We were fairly ineffective offensively the first half (big surprise). The short TD drive (setup by the pick) was about the only exception. Beck still has TM attempt throws he is not cutout for and it boggles my mind. We saw in the 2nd half the types of passes he can make so why the ill advised attempts in the 1st half? Our run defense was questionable the first quarter. We gave up big chunks of ground leading up to that interception. We also failed to make about 2-3 other picks that were gimmes. Stafford hangs onto that one and it is a shutout-dropping it directly lead to MSU's FG. And this is really nitpicking but I still felt our front 4 provided little quick pressure. Most of our QB pressure was coverage induced.

I don't want to get attacked for this as I am very happy with the overall effort and result. I thought we showed mountains of improvement in many areas; pass coverage, O line, the "ameoba" defense as some are calling it, and the offensive adjustments we made. My point was, if we play error free and up to our capabilities 4 full quarters both sides then anyone we face is in real trouble.

Beck called a very good game and continuosly impresses me with his in game adjustments

The equipment managers need to check on that back-ordered Stickum because apparently they were out of stock today.

I can't believe the MSU team we faced today beat the Wisconsin team we faced a few weeks ago.

As well as we played most of today, we still haven't played a full 4 quarters on both sides of the ball. When we do, look out.

Not an attack at all, but just curiosity, I thought the game was a complete game--what do you think made it almost a full game?

We were fairly ineffective offensively the first half (big surprise). The short TD drive (setup by the pick) was about the only exception. Beck still has TM attempt throws he is not cutout for and it boggles my mind. We saw in the 2nd half the types of passes he can make so why the ill advised attempts in the 1st half? Our run defense was questionable the first quarter. We gave up big chunks of ground leading up to that interception. We also failed to make about 2-3 other picks that were gimmes. Stafford hangs onto that one and it is a shutout-dropping it directly lead to MSU's FG. And this is really nitpicking but I still felt our front 4 provided little quick pressure. Most of our QB pressure was coverage induced.

I don't want to get attacked for this as I am very happy with the overall effort and result. I thought we showed mountains of improvement in many areas; pass coverage, O line, the "ameoba" defense as some are calling it, and the offensive adjustments we made. My point was, if we play error free and up to our capabilities 4 full quarters both sides then anyone we face is in real trouble.

We were fairly ineffective in the first half offensively, but the offense served its purpose: We just flat out wear teams down, and that showed in the second half [3rd quarter]. We gave up big chunks of yards leading to the interception, I'll credit that to just being the first few plays of the game because there wasn't much gashing done by their O-Line/RBs for the rest of the game. All the sacks were coverage sacks, but there was pressure on the QB from the get-go on most plays. And I'll take the coverage sacks, they do look just the same as other sacks.

Not attacking, just a different opinion.

Defensive play was night and day compared to the rest of the season. And it wasn't one aspect. Front. Linebackers. Secondary. Everyone ball-hawking and making great open field tackles. Schemes and adjustments are one thing, but it's like a light finally went on with every defensive player. The missed pick-6 was a case of too much adrenaline, and I can live with that.

There's certainly a case that MSU was tired and emotionally drained, but from all the television allowed me to see, the Husker D was simply making plays they weren't able to make against lesser offenses.

Well, that we were "very" successful offensively in the 2nd half vs two elite defenses (Ohio St #15, Mich St #2) is a GIANT upgrade over the last two years.

Pray tell, how many teams have an offense that would run over those defenses all game long?

Defensive play was night and day compared to the rest of the season. And it wasn't one aspect. Front. Linebackers. Secondary. Everyone ball-hawking and making great open field tackles. Schemes and adjustments are one thing, but it's like a light finally went on with every defensive player. The missed pick-6 was a case of too much adrenaline, and I can live with that.

There's certainly a case that MSU was tired and emotionally drained, but from all the television allowed me to see, the Husker D was simply making plays they weren't able to make against lesser offenses.

Oh boy, talk about coming around in the nick of time. Whew!

Our defense was approaching 2007 quality before this game (well, maybe Minnesota). I don't know how Bo does it but the guy is a full blown defensive wizard.

GBR!!