Late game coaching FAIL

Foppa

IMO, the staff is completely mishandling the backup QB situation. We are one play away from having to start a QB with basically ZERO meaningful game experience. Its a recipe for disaster. Especially considering how much Taylor runs the ball.

You are right on the money....... One snap away from potential disaster if we don't get Carnes some game time!

This team with Taylor at the helm has the potential to win a Big 10 championship and possibly a BCS bowl game. With Carnes at the helm, who knows, but it's a good bet that we would take a big step backward on offense and endure some tough growing pains.

In my opinion there's no question about it - the offense takes a step back with Carnes at quarterback and there's no way of proving otherwise.

Carnes not getting PT is what it is. Can anybody truly say they thought we'd be in a position in this game to get Carnes in for mop up duty?

This team with Taylor at the helm has the potential to win a Big 10 championship and possibly a BCS bowl game. With Carnes at the helm, who knows, but it's a good bet that we would take a big step backward on offense and endure some tough growing pains.

In my opinion there's no question about it - the offense takes a step back with Carnes at quarterback and there's no way of proving otherwise.

Carnes not getting PT is what it is. Can anybody truly say they thought we'd be in a position in this game to get Carnes in for mop up duty?

Absolutely not. Honestly, coming into the game I really wasn't even sure if we were going to win. But the opportunity to play Carnes presented itself and the staff chose not to take advantage of it.

Personally I never felt we were in proper position to take Taylor out. Last few snaps possibly but at that point it is too late to put in a cold guy. I'm not buying the what if he gets hurt deal either. What if Carnes goes in and gets hurt? Then we don't have a backup for Taylor. Injury is not very likely on those types of snaps. If this is all people can come up with to complain about then it was indeed a good day.

And if I remember correctly Osborne hardly ever and maybe never pulled the starting qb at 21 pt differential.

Yeah...thanks Bo...for leaving T-mart in the game so people have a reason to piss and moan instead of being happy for a great game.

And if T-Mart gets knocked out of a game, which we all know can happen...let's just not let any backup play when the game is out of hand. That makes sense.

You be happy for the win. I'm happy for the win. But I'd rather our coach is smart enough to get game experience to the backup rather than hope T-Titanium won't go down with an injury anytime soon.

Whambulance.jpg