Dare I say, REX 4 Heisman...

Vince R.

Agree that it probably isn't going to happen this year.

After huge games against OSU and MSU, though, I think he might be getting some attention. If he can continue to perform at this level, and and turn in a few high profile victories (Mich, CCG), then that would definitely help a lot.

Also, even though he's awesome as f#*k, he still seems a bit unassuming and underrated.

But people are starting to connect his name with the Heisman Trophy. I don't understand why they base the Heisman only on the first few games and why only offensive people can win it. Suh should've won it when he was nominated. If it's for the BEST college football player then he should've won it. Rex should definitely be a contender for next year.

But people are starting to connect his name with the Heisman Trophy. I don't understand why they base the Heisman only on the first few games and why only offensive people can win it. Suh should've won it when he was nominated. If it's for the BEST college football player then he should've won it. Rex should definitely be a contender for next year.

The award actually says it's for the most outstanding player, whatever that means. That kind of implies some flashiness and gaudy stats, which is why it almost always goes to QBs and RBs. Rex is ultra solid and we all see how often he twists for that extra 2 yards for a first down, but the average voter is going to look at his highlights and stats, and shrug and maybe give him a lower spot on their ballot, at best. 107 yards a game just won't do it for most voters. Maybe next year, but he may be splitting a bit more time with the current freshman backs.

He should definately be in consideration for it. Nobody on the national level took Suh seriously as a Heisman contender until the CCG vs Texas. It's definately not too late to skyrocket up some ballets.

But I agree with the general concensus that he'll be in the consideration from the get-go next year. Unless he decides to throw his hat into the NFL draft ring, which I honestly don't see happening.

The award actually says it's for the most outstanding player, whatever that means. That kind of implies some flashiness and gaudy stats, which is why it almost always goes to QBs and RBs. Rex is ultra solid and we all see how often he twists for that extra 2 yards for a first down, but the average voter is going to look at his highlights and stats, and shrug and maybe give him a lower spot on their ballot, at best. 107 yards a game just won't do it for most voters. Maybe next year, but he may be splitting a bit more time with the current freshman backs.

I agree with this. Gaudy stats and highlight reel runs seem to be the requirement for the heisman. The writers who vote may not appreciate the little things he does (how many two yard losses does that guy turn into two or three yard gains, incredible), and how tough he is....but I bet if you asked the coaches around the country who they wanted as their main running back his name would be number one an a lot of lists. It's funny to listen to commentaters who really haven't seen him play, by the end of the game, they're always saying how much they like him.