Is there a path to the national title . . .

no... we need at least one more high profile win..... we arent going to get that in this conference. I feel the big ten is very deep this year but not very top heavy at all. we needed Wisconsin to win out and then beat them in the title game.

but lets be honest... we arent ready for that anyway. if we did make it the outcome would be similar to 2001

This...as much as many here don't want to hear, it's another building block year. Having said that, we win out and get a chance to play and beat Wiscy later this year, it's a solid argument.

I feel like we are getting better... Our offense is clearly better. and as young as it is its only going to improve. we have a 2 year window for bo to put together another monster defense

Completely agree, it will improve greatly...just not enough this year, especially for a national title. I'm really ticked that I'll probably miss next year in Afghanistan...next year is going to be awesome.

My cabesa was hurting enough trying to figure out who would we play in the B1G CCG if teams keeps losing one the road, not sure if I'm ready to tackle the Nat. Champ. senario.

However, the way you lined it up would probably a long shot but it's still a shot. Personally I would want to get to the Rose and play Stanford or Oregon. I know the Ducks seem awfuly fast and could get ugly but that's why they play the game, you never know what will happen.

I understand the odds of what would have to happen, but there is no way you can sit there and say there is no possible way. There is a STL Cardinals team that would be able to say otherwise. There is not a single person that honestly thought the Cards would even make the playoffs, not only did they do that, but they beat the two best teams in the NL and a Rangers team with arguably the best lineup in baseball who was in the championship last year. Who says there is now way Nebraska can get there? Yeah, there is a lot of stuff that would have to happen that Nebraska has no way of controlling and there is not playoff system, but there is still a possibility.

• Fire 1

Right now, Wisconsin has two losses and Penn State has zero (that is until we kick their nittany lion behinds in two weeks) in conference. There is an outside chance we could have a rematch with Ohio State if they win out and Penn State loses to us and Ohio State. Right now, I would just be happy to be going to Indy for the championship game.

There is no path that has any chance greater than me hitting the next 3 powerball jackpots in a row. We play our first decent game of the year against an obviously poor outing by MSU in week 8 and this is what it leads to? Beam me up Scotty.

Northwestern, Penn State, Michigan, & Iowa. CCG in Indy is "possible".

Rose Bowl after Indy, possible but getting more unlikely.

Another BCS bowl highly doubtful.

The NCG- no f'n way.

I don't want to be Debbie Downer but I do not even want to see us in the NCG this season. The last thing we need is nationwide embarrassment that could set us back years on our rise from the ashes. Rose Bowl is the only pinnacle we have any business dreaming about this year.

• Fire 1

Props to the OP for figuring out the path, but even if all the dominoes fell just right, I'll agree with the majority in this thread - we are not ready for a National Championship game, and we would get embarrassingly rolled on national TV. We need to keep taking the necessary steps to get there. We're on the journey. We haven't arrived yet.

EDIT - also, welcome to the board, HuskerinSunDiego! Please post more stuff like this! :thumbs

Props to the OP for figuring out the path, but even if all the dominoes fell just right, I'll agree with the majority in this thread - we are not ready for a National Championship game, and we would get embarrassingly rolled on national TV. We need to keep taking the necessary steps to get there. We're on the journey. We haven't arrived yet.

EDIT - also, welcome to the board, HuskerinSunDiego! Please post more stuff like this! :thumbs

He's a good poster! He posts some intriguing stuff. I dig. I use to read his posts back at Huskerpedia.