Bo Pelini's Quarterback Graveyard - 2014 Edition

Landlord

1. If they played like crap, and are or are likely to become NFL QBs, or very highly regarded college QBs.

I would say: No, No, No.

2. Held to a completion percentage in the 40's or low 50's' date=' or their [b']lowest completion percentage of the season[/b].

3. As many interceptions as touchdowns.

I will say yep, yep, and yep.

1. If they played like crap, and are or are likely to become NFL QBs, or very highly regarded college QBs.

2. Held to a completion percentage in the 40's or low 50's' date=' or their [b']lowest completion percentage of the season[/b].

They don't have to meet all three criteria? They just need at least one? Your rules need a bit more clarification.

So if a QB is 24 of 35 for 368 yards, 2 TDs and 2 INTs, he qualifies for the graveyard because he meets "3. As many interceptions as touchdowns."

They don't have to meet all three criteria? They just need at least one? Your rules need a bit more clarification.

So if a QB is 24 of 35 for 368 yards, 2 TDs and 2 INTs, he qualifies for the graveyard because he meets "3. As many interceptions as touchdowns."

They clearly have to meet all of them. The difference of opinion is on number one.

Admittedly it's not a science, and I didn't try coming up with a definitive set of proofs for this, but it generally goes either the first one or a combination of the rest.

I second Landlord's nomination of Matt McGloin to the graveyard.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/386880/matthew-mcgloin

Based on the game stats alone, there is enough to add him.

Further, this game was his lowest QB rating of the year. (106.6 compared to an AVG of 134.9)

We increased his Season Sacks by 25% in one game (15 total now)

We increased his season Interceptions by 33% in one game (4 total now)

----

The graveyard if for QB's who more or less fail to achieve even an "average" game against the Bo's Blackshirts.

By all accounts, he failed to even have an average game (for him) against us.

Thus, he gets a tombstone in the graveyard.

McGloin should get in strickly on his lil temper tantrum. Kid look-a-fool

I believe he could have gotten a penalty for removing his helmet to complain to the officials after the safety.

I guess McGloin does belong on Land's list based on Land's criteria. I still thought he had a decent game. If he didn't complete 1 of the 2 or 3 long passes I would of felt he was pretty much dominated.

Further, this game was his lowest QB rating of the year. (106.6 compared to an AVG of 134.9)

By this definition Taylor would have found himself in the graveyard a couple times as well. UCLA (which I wouldn't agree with) and Michigan State (which I definitely wouldn't agree with)

----

The graveyard if for QB's who more or less fail to achieve even an "average" game against the Bo's Blackshirts.

By all accounts, he failed to even have an average game (for him) against us. over 50% of his games have been below his average. Does that mean he's been in the graveyard 5 other times?

The only stat I think keeps him out is his 240 yds.

That's enough to help them win.

The first half he kept them in the game by throwing some good long balls on 3rd down. Also, their pace kept us off balance and he was clearly their leader. They certainly wouldn't have been in the game at all w out him.

On the second hand, his second half was pretty awful. Terrible throw on the INT to Stafford. Melt down arguing w refs. Clearly got flustered at our pressure. Caused a safety that pretty much sealed it for us.

I would personally keep him out. You don't want to water it down. If its questionable, they don't belong IMO.

• Fire 1

By this definition Taylor would have found himself in the graveyard a couple times as well. UCLA (which I wouldn't agree with) and Michigan State (which I definitely wouldn't agree with)

----

By all accounts, he failed to even have an average game (for him) against us. over 50% of his games have been below his average. Does that mean he's been in the graveyard 5 other times?

Go away now. Your kind aren't wanted round these parts.