The Walking Dead

I thought it was a good enough episode, just didn't cut the mustard as a finale. Worst one yet.

I also thought Carl was right to shoot the guy. He said "drop it", not, "creep towards me".

That was my thought at the time. The kid just creeping forward and I thought he would try and hit Carl's gun away.

Carl was right.

The "war" was lame

I thought it was spot on. I mean, think about it.

You got a bunch of people in Woodbury who have been led to this "battle" by the Govenor. They're not soldiers. It makes sense to me that when it hit the fan in the prison, they freaked out and bailed.

I don't know what the govenor thought he had in those people, but it wasn't what he wanted. He wanted them to stay and stand their ground, but they bailed as you'd probably expect them to, really.

AMC probably built up the "war" too much, leading to people being let down. But some grand "war" with Michael Bay-esque explosions would be uncharacteristic for the show and would probably be worse IMO

Carl was right.

The "war" was lame

You got a bunch of people in Woodbury who have been led to this "battle" by the Govenor. They're not soldiers. It makes sense to me that when it hit the fan in the prison, they freaked out and bailed.

I don't know what the govenor thought he had in those people, but it wasn't what he wanted. He wanted them to stay and stand their ground, but they bailed as you'd probably expect them to, really.

AMC probably built up the "war" too much, leading to people being let down. But some grand "war" with Michael Bay-esque explosions would be uncharacteristic for the show and would probably be worse IMO

I wasn't looking for explosions, I was just expecting a gun battle of some sort that lasted longer than what it did during the finale. I was expecting to see some main characters on both sides to die with all the hype AMC made for a week and the announcement that 27 people were going to die.

I'm glad that the Governor lived though

Carl was right.

The "war" was lame

I wasn't looking for explosions, I was just expecting a gun battle of some sort that lasted longer than what it did during the finale. I was expecting to see some main characters on both sides to die with all the hype AMC made for a week and the announcement that 27 people were going to die.

I'm glad that the Governor lived though

I'd agree that the gun battle was pretty short lived. I thought the prison people's tactics were excellent, though. They knew they'd be out manned, so get them in a small area and mow them down.. I am surprised more folks didn't get killed when they were in there.

I thought it was dumb when they released a specific number of people that were going to die. In my mind, it almost guaranteed that a bunch of the no name people were going to die. You couldn't have any central characters die, IMO. I mean, if Rick or Daryl die now you might as well roll credits on the whole thing IMO.

I thought maybe the govenor would go down, but I thought for sure that someone like Herschel would go down. Didn't really see Andrea dieing as I thought they'd keep her alive to screw up more stuff :) I like how it's just the Govenor and two guys now.. Talk about an odd drive... :)

I'd agree that the gun battle was pretty short lived. I thought the prison people's tactics were excellent, though. They knew they'd be out manned, so get them in a small area and mow them down.. I am surprised more folks didn't get killed when they were in there.

Did a single person even get shot..?