The Walking Dead

The thing about the flashbacks is that they summed up what we "missed" in about 30 total minutes. This was a lot smoother than the 7 episodes of wandering through the forest that seemed to piss people off.

In light of that it was really nice. Lord knows I am sick of the 'talking dead' aka season 2. I was ready for them to get off that darn farm lol.

Really? Season 2 was all about finding a "safe" place (farm) and Rick & Shane's relationship deteriorating. I wouldn't call it a bad season, at all.

The thing about the flashbacks is that they summed up what we "missed" in about 30 total minutes. This was a lot smoother than the 7 episodes of wandering through the forest that seemed to piss people off.

In light of that it was really nice. Lord knows I am sick of the 'talking dead' aka season 2. I was ready for them to get off that darn farm lol.

Really? Season 2 was all about finding a "safe" place (farm) and Rick & Shane's relationship deteriorating. I wouldn't call it a bad season, at all.

Call me a fanboy, but I don't think they have put out a bad season yet. I like the story and character development.

Call me a fanboy, but I don't think they have put out a bad season yet. I like the story and character development.

I look at it from the books, and I was antzy for the Governor to arrive. Was kind of upset the down playing of how truly twisted his character is.

Also the farm is not covered that long in the comic book as it was in the show (one trade soft cover usually like an hour or less read usually 30 mins to 45 or 5 comics soft cover). Also Shane was shot dead by Carl relatively early in the comics. So I did not really care about his story. It did upset me how they killed off Dale early. He played a major role in the group. The group did not stay at the farm in the comics for very long if at all if my memory serves me.

That and the series of episodes or episode looking for Carol's daughter were kind of boring imho...

Lots of other interesting too dark for tv moments happened to children and adult that I guess is too dark for anything but HBO. (but look at blow back for GOT rape scenes)

Some of the children and adults over come the stuff some never do, some kill themselves etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Walking_Dead_(comic_book)

Summary of all the comic book story arcs.

I read the comics too. What I enjoy about the show is how they use the comic as a base, then alter it on the show.

The comic governor was a freak show. Yeah he was twisted, and a murderous rapist, but on the show he was so much more smooth and calculated. Andrea on the show was a total screw up. Lori on the show was annoying as hell. Shane on the show was WAY better than comic Shane.

Some of the stuff in the comic is portrayed more graphically and for shock value. Yet the show has also taken some of the simer arcs in the comic and made them way deeper and meaningful. The best example of that is The Grove episode.

I should receive the next volume of the comic this week, pretty pumped for that. What excites me for this season is how they will overcome the next obvious obstacle and how they will introduce some upcoming vital characters.

I read the comics too. What I enjoy about the show is how they use the comic as a base, then alter it on the show.

The comic governor was a freak show. Yeah he was twisted, and a murderous rapist, but on the show he was so much more smooth and calculated. Andrea on the show was a total screw up. Lori on the show was annoying as hell. Shane on the show was WAY better than comic Shane.

Some of the stuff in the comic is portrayed more graphically and for shock value. Yet the show has also taken some of the simer arcs in the comic and made them way deeper and meaningful. The best example of that is The Grove episode.

I should receive the next volume of the comic this week, pretty pumped for that. What excites me for this season is how they will overcome the next obvious obstacle and how they will introduce some upcoming vital characters.

The Shane / Lori/ Rick and how long the relationship went on and the arc of Shanes character unfortunitely made me dislike Lori more, which withdrew from her ultimate death and what it met to me as a reader. I remember when she died I was crushed and felt what Rick was feeling. In the show, I kinda hated her.

I agree with everything else you say. I did think the show did a good job with the Carl rape scene and that was intense. I remember cheering, when Carl is saved. I think it was slightly better then the book.

I did however hated how they treated Tyreese. I remember the prison scene in the book when he goes into the gym full of walkers with a hammer comes out with them all killed. I was like that was one bad sob.

I think in the show they betrayed him way to late in the story arc and way to soft. However I love Eugenes character in the show much less annoying then in the book.

Kinda disappointed Rick isn't the villian by now, with Daryl being the hero. They've kinda been teasing that for a while.

It's like they're afraid to do anything really drastic for this show anymore.

It seems like none of the main characters are at risk of being killed off. Not sure what this show gains by keeping Maggie and Glenn around. Their story arc ended a while ago, and now they're just sorta there.

The Shane / Lori/ Rick and how long the relationship went on and the arc of Shanes character unfortunitely made me dislike Lori more, which withdrew from her ultimate death and what it met to me as a reader. I remember when she died I was crushed and felt what Rick was feeling. In the show, I kinda hated her.

I agree with everything else you say. I did think the show did a good job with the Carl rape scene and that was intense. I remember cheering, when Carl is saved. I think it was slightly better then the book.

I did however hated how they treated Tyreese. I remember the prison scene in the book when he goes into the gym full of walkers with a hammer comes out with them all killed. I was like that was one bad sob.

I think in the show they betrayed him way to late in the story arc and way to soft. However I love Eugenes character in the show much less annoying then in the book.

Yeah they dropped the ball with Tyreese. But they did that knowing when Abraham would come in.

Daryll kinda made Tyreese obsolete on the show. He was Rick's right hand man, Daryll fills that role and then some. So we got Tyreese, super babysitter.

Kinda disappointed Rick isn't the villian by now, with Daryl being the hero. They've kinda been teasing that for a while.

It seems like none of the main characters are at risk of being killed off. Not sure what this show gains by keeping Maggie and Glenn around. Their story arc ended a while ago, and now they're just sorta there.

I'll be devastated the day something happens to Rick.

I'll be devastated the day something happens to Rick.

Hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

:laughpound

Yeah they dropped the ball with Tyreese. But they did that knowing when Abraham would come in.

Daryll kinda made Tyreese obsolete on the show. He was Rick's right hand man, Daryll fills that role and then some. So we got Tyreese, super babysitter.

Ya thing I liked about Abraham and Tyreese is in the zombie world some people did not get all soft but got rock hard and manned up.

Not that either is very mentally stable.

Rick in the book just seems to be a rat on a ship that has moments of clarity of decent human relations.