Kinnie says MSU players faked injuries to slow NU down

THANK YOU. Am I the only one that thought there was an "injured" MSU player on nearly every drive? It seemed like every drive there was 1-3 guys that'd go down. It was seriously frustrating. I know it's a very touchy subject with fans/coaches/players but honestly. That just seemed like a bit much. Especially when no replays were ever shown on WHY they went down in the first place as is per the norm.

Really don't need to start making bad blood between conference members. Maybe it is true, but wish he would have kept it with himself and within the team. Maybe thinking about catching the ball more often, would occupy his thoughts better.

Had the same thoughts during the game, as Kinnie.

GBR!!!

• Fire 1

I've seen a couple different articles that mention it. Whether this is true or not, I don't know, however I do remember seeing an extraordinary amount of people go down with injuries or stop the clock for one reason or another. Some people have attributed that to the physical nature of the game while others have said it's MSU faking things.

I quoted a rule or two in the presser thread. Under "Coaching Ethics" and "Injury Timeouts" it specifically mentions feigning injuries and stresses that it should not be taught or done. No specific penalty for it, but since they call it unsportsmanlike, I assume an Unsportmanlike conduct penalty could be called for it, or delay of game also sounds reasonable. In reality, no ref is going to be able to judge this so it'll probably never be called. But it is against the rules.

Someone mentioned Stanford. I think it he meant Cal, in reference to the coach who got suspended for sending a kid in the game with instructions to "get hurt" on the next play to slow down the Oregon offense. He was suspended by the school afterwards.

Seemed to me that MSU was going down very early, and often when they were on offense too, so certainly some of those injuries were legit.

knapplc reminded me that one of the most blatant fake injuries was a couple years back when Suh noticed we had the wrong personnel in and suddenly developed a cramp to stop play and get the right player in. Of course he had to leave but I think we had a bad mismatch on a good receiver.

Maybe MSU was faking....but Kinnie needs to concentrate on catching the ball. Can't forget the Texas game and he had a drop last week. One more thing......catch the ball and go back to the huddle.....all this jawing and looking in the stands reminds me of Miami back in the day. I thought he was going to draw a flag. Until he takes over a game, and make big catches, I'm still on the fence with this one.

• Fire 1

Maybe MSU was faking....but Kinnie needs to concentrate on catching the ball. Can't forget the Texas game and he had a drop last week. One more thing......catch the ball and go back to the huddle.....all this jawing and looking in the stands reminds me of Miami back in the day. I thought he was going to draw a flag. Until he takes over a game, and make big catches, I'm still on the fence with this one.

One of the officials did warn him once. It looked like he toned it down after that.

Not sure,but is there a penalty for faking an injury?Delay of game,maybe?

I'm pretty sure there's nothing they can do about it, because in most cases they don't really have any way of knowing if that player's really injured or not.

One way to curb players from faking injuries is requiring them to sit out the rest of the drive and possibly the next drive as well if they have to stop the clock for an injury. Would make them think twice about slowing down the game if they are faking it.