ATH Michael Minter

Hardly an offense worthy of giving up on a kid over.

Agreed. We may not know the whole story, but tweeting about a hangover is far from a big time offense.

An 18 year old publicly stating that he has been drinking shows an incredible lack of intelligence and judgement. I wouldn't trust this kid when he moves out on his own with less supervision. I would rather give a scholarship to a less talented kid that you could at least count on.

Agreed. We may not know the whole story, but tweeting about a hangover is far from a big time offense.

An 18 year old publicly stating that he has been drinking shows an incredible lack of intelligence and judgement. I wouldn't trust this kid when he moves out on his own with less supervision. I would rather give a scholarship to a less talented kid that you could at least count on.

Would you give the kid a shot if he were to walk on?

If he really wants to play for Nebraska (and I know a scholarship is more about respect than money to some athletes) he could walk on. He would have instate tuition and his father can afford to pay.

I'm just thinking out loud, but that is one way to earn a spot on the team. We have plenty of walk ons that are starting for Nebraska right now.

Suspended for the first game of the season, I would say the chances of earning a schollie just flew out the window.

I know that I posted this somewhere else, I just don't remember where. The odds of him earning a scholarship were very slim even before this. While doing some missions work with high school kids at a Salvation Army in Lincoln, I started talking to some of the kids about different activities that they were involved in. More than one kid was from Lincoln Northstar (Minter's school). Just trying to make small talk, I asked about Minter. They all said that he was a poisen. Apparently they have even had kids transfer to different schools because his attitude is so bad (and his coaches put up with it). One of the kids even said that Bo came to the school to visit with him and things went sour. He said that the visit ended with Minter blowing up on Bo and throwing a few curse words at Bo as he was leaving. And I guess Minter openly talks about how he doesn't even like Nebraska and he is going to go to UNC anyways. Again, this is all from high school kids, but from everything else we have heard it doesn't sound like its too far of a stretch.

Suspended for the first game of the season, I would say the chances of earning a schollie just flew out the window.

I know that I posted this somewhere else, I just don't remember where. The odds of him earning a scholarship were very slim even before this. While doing some missions work with high school kids at a Salvation Army in Lincoln, I started talking to some of the kids about different activities that they were involved in. More than one kid was from Lincoln Northstar (Minter's school). Just trying to make small talk, I asked about Minter. They all said that he was a poisen. Apparently they have even had kids transfer to different schools because his attitude is so bad (and his coaches put up with it). One of the kids even said that Bo came to the school to visit with him and things went sour. He said that the visit ended with Minter blowing up on Bo and throwing a few curse words at Bo as he was leaving. And I guess Minter openly talks about how he doesn't even like Nebraska and he is going to go to UNC anyways. Again, this is all from high school kids, but from everything else we have heard it doesn't sound like its too far of a stretch.

Yeah I'm over it! The kid knew he had alot to lose this year and yet he doesn't even get to game 1 without incident! I'm the first to tell how important legacy kids can be to a program but it just doesn't seem like he has the dedication or discipline to make sacrifices for his future or even his current HS team!

i just wonder what some of the older generations would tweet about......if they could have.

Possible somebody with an opening throws him an offer late but if he wants a Div1A Schollie I'd say he should probably go JUCO for a bit and show what he can do while getting his act together. Iowa Western is close and are doing good things.

I don't think that he wants to stay close.

Who has the balls to raise his voice to Bo? Bo might eat his face!

bo-best.jpg

Who has the balls to raise his voice to Bo? Bo might eat his face!

bo-best.jpg

Ya to be honest this is the part of the story that I have a hard time believing. But I know when I was in high school, we had kids with awful attitudes that cussed at coaches. And if this kid is everything that is proclaimed, it isn't out of the question.

Sounds like the ship has sailed on this kid ... and frankly, I agree ... he doesn't seem like that great of a talent ... and then you add in the "tude" ... it just isn't worth the risk. Good luck at UNC young lad ... and in life.

Really doubt UNC is an option unless he wants to walk-on. Sad that the fruit fell so far from the tree here.