ATH Michael Minter

Good luck, kiddo. You'll never be half the man your father is... on or off the field.

Not tryin to start an argument or derail a thread, but the kid had issues and his father sent him to Nebraska thinking that will cure his problems and get him away from trouble. My point, where was his father when he needed him most. But I do agree with, kid luck kiddo, and add, hope he grows up and finds a way back on the field.

I heard Damon Benning mention on 1620 about a week or so ago that his Dad had some motivation issues while at Nebraska. Apple may not have fallen far from tree...

Good luck, kiddo. You'll never be half the man your father is... on or off the field.

Hahaha, classy. Kid is only 18 and has plenty time to turn his life around.. it is possible to look at as maybe Senior isn't doing as swell off of the field considering what would appear to be a lack of discipline in his son's life but hey, I don't know them at all so I really don't the whole story. Maybe you do.

Most people who don't have their sh*t together at 18 never get it together. Maybe I'm wrong and he'll get things turned around, but my hopes aren't high.

I hadn't heard much bad about Mike Sr., but maybe he's not much better. To his credit, he could play ball though.

Most people who don't have their sh*t together at 18 never get it together. Maybe I'm wrong and he'll get things turned around, but my hopes aren't high.

I hadn't heard much bad about Mike Sr., but maybe he's not much better. To his credit, he could play ball though.

seriously? i haven't met too many 18 years who I'd consider have their sh#t together. perhaps our definitions vary...

seriously? i haven't met too many 18 years who I'd consider have their sh#t together. perhaps our definitions vary...

Apparently so.

Apparently so.

Wow, I don't think that is true at all. 18? I remember dumbs kids in school that got it together later on and I remember super smart kids that fell apart. I think you "get it together" during college and after college.

Apparently so.

Wow, I don't think that is true at all. 18? I remember dumbs kids in school that got it together later on and I remember super smart kids that fell apart. I think you "get it together" during college and after college.

Some kids do, and in some cases, college just fuels it.

He may get it figured out, but I don't like what I've heard about him. Just not the kind of kid we want here.

• 3 months later...

• 8 months later...