ATH Michael Minter

Bump

Thoughts on Minter if we miss out on Joseph and Willis? Preferred walk-on? Or has this ship sailed? I see he does have some other offers.

He got booted from his HS team before the season was even over, I believe. So I would say that a scholarship would be off of the table for sure. I am not sure that I would even extend a "preferred walk-on" offer either. If he still wanted to play for NU, I would tell him he can walk on with ZERO promises of ever seeing the feild. That would at least measure his dedication.

Good luck, kiddo. You'll never be half the man your father is... on or off the field.

Not tryin to start an argument or derail a thread, but the kid had issues and his father sent him to Nebraska thinking that will cure his problems and get him away from trouble. My point, where was his father when he needed him most. But I do agree with, kid luck kiddo, and add, hope he grows up and finds a way back on the field.

Good luck, kiddo. You'll never be half the man your father is... on or off the field.

Hahaha, classy. Kid is only 18 and has plenty time to turn his life around.. it is possible to look at as maybe Senior isn't doing as swell off of the field considering what would appear to be a lack of discipline in his son's life but hey, I don't know them at all so I really don't the whole story. Maybe you do.

I wonder if Frank would take a chance on him at Ohio? It might be an even better place to mature for the young man. None of us want to glory in the mistakes he has made and I don't sense that in the posts I've read. Tom did reasonably well at getting troubled kids to walk the straight and narrow by holding football as the carrot till they saw the light. He took a lot of flak for the LP incident but Tom did well at not walking away from troubled kids. Let's hope for this kids sake he finds his way in this world.

I wonder if Frank would take a chance on him at Ohio? It might be an even better place to mature for the young man. None of us want to glory in the mistakes he has made and I don't sense that in the posts I've read. Tom did reasonably well at getting troubled kids to walk the straight and narrow by holding football as the carrot till they saw the light. He took a lot of flak for the LP incident but Tom did well at not walking away from troubled kids. Let's hope for this kids sake he finds his way in this world.

hehe - Tom often even walked himself right into the middle of the DA's investigations.

So people mature more at Ohio University than at Nebraska? First, the whole CB/WR rant for Dixon and now this? What are you talking about?

So people mature more at Ohio University than at Nebraska? First, the whole CB/WR rant for Dixon and now this? What are you talking about?

If he wants to play in college I think it would help him by going to a place where football isn't worshipped and he doesn't get thrust into the spotlight just because he is a football player. It has nothing to do with the people or coaches at either school.

I didn't say anything about people being more mature at Ohio than here. My only thought being that it might be better because it is a small community, he could start with a clean slate and might have a better chance to succeed. He has been in some trouble in Lincoln if I remember correctly.

As far as rants go....I'm only throwing out thoughts. You can agree or disagree with them. If you have no opinion either way or consider my "rants" as garbage please ignore them.