Where has Green, Heard, and Turner gone?

Ziebol

I began a topic on Kyler Reed. This is something I just can't understand. IMO, I thought Heard would be playing more. Everyone in the pre-season said that he was the one who "looked the part" of a D I player. Ameer has brought a lot to the field already and has been worth a burned RS... Green is the one that is unhappy.

Earlier tonight, on USC 1620, Sipple (Lincoln Journal)...said that he thought that all 3 may be a little small for the Big 10 at this point. His opinion is that if they carried the ball too many times against Wisconsin or MSU, that they would be injured. He felt from the sideline that these guys aren't built for the Big 10 yet.... Now, this is one reporters point of view.... I am not saying that I agree or disagree...just relaying some info.

IMO, Green is out of here at end of season... He isn't happy and I don't see it changing. Rex is back next year, along with the 2 other freshman. He will have to compete his butt off for anymore playing time, and he knows it. Having one of his best friends (malcolm brown) starring at Texas doesn't help his attitude either....

As a guy who works with HS athletes daily, I would like to say that maybe he should spend more time working and less time on twitter. Grow up a little and don't be afraid to compete. He isn't afraid to put comments on media outlets.....

Understood..... I wasn't trying to say that he was missing practice time or that twitter was "taking away from practice time"...... pretty much thought that my point was obvious.....

I am saying that kids who have experienced a high level of success at a certain level (high school), they have a very hard time accepting the fact that they are not the "superstar" they were once they arrive on campus.... basically the same as a kid who was a stud in jr. high, then can't understand why High School football isn't nearly as fun when he has to sit and wait his turn.... I know that this isn't quite the same, but being a HS coach, this is what I can relate it to.

I have banned social media from my high school football team. My players are NOT allowed to talk about football over twitter or facebook. Nothing positive can come of it..... if you are pi$$ed, then talk to a coach face to face, not a thousand of people who can't actually help or know anything...if you say the wrong thing about an upcoming game, it could motivate an opponent....

I understand that a DI program like Neb can't and won't monitor social media, but I honestly believe that twitter, facebook, etc.... is and will be huge problem for athletes at all levels.

When a kid would rather "air" his frustrations to thousands, rather than keep it "in-house" shows a lack of respect for coaches and immaturity. Not all his fault.... he is only probably 18.... something you expect from a HS kid.... grow up and do things the RIGHT WAY.... yes, he may be getting a raw deal.. I will be the first to say that I do NOT understand why Bo has basically took an entire year away from a kid, but Green needs to handle it with the coaches and not on twitter...

I can't quote his content exactly, but others can.... in fact, radio hosts were commenting on his remarks today.

Not trying to start unnecessary "conflicts"... anyone who has been a long standing member of the board knows that I don't post things to "argue"...so please READ my posts for what they are worth (nothing most of the time)......

Sports nightly either last week or week before Rich Fisher said plain as day that Jamal Turner is not practicing well and has a lack of focus in practice, hence his playing time has been cut. If he aint practicing well, he probably wont play well.

Well, in his presser today Bo pretty clearly said that Jamal was sick when asked about him.

Rex needs to be spelled more. Him getting ridden so much is the reason why he is getting worn out.

Its already been confirmed that Rex hurt his foot early on in the game.

Lies! Rex cannot be hurt. I think it's more reasonable to believe that the rest of the world suddenly developed a limp, thus making Rex seem like he was limping.

This is one of the best "Rex is awesome" lines I have seen and it is original not a Chuck Norris spin off.

Man its a good thing we are not coachs. It is so easy to sit back here and bash the coach from home. To me Green doesnt run the ball hard enough when he does get the carries. I would like to see Abdulla get more carries. Would also Love to See Turner and Bell on the field at the same time also but some one must not be doing right. I mean Bell has how many drops in the past 3 weeks and he still gets on the field.

Hmmmm....yeah, you got a point there. Bell can't block worth a lick either. Turner & Bell together couldn't block a single munchkin. But "if" they actually catch the ball they can do something with it.

Figure something out, Tim......

GBR!!

*Mods-if this is a repeat-please just add it to the right area.

I've been reading through the posts wondering, along with everyone else, why the coaches haven't been playing our new boys. I wondered about this particularly during the NWestern game when Rex was obviously so banged up. I mean, as it looked like we were going to lose, why not put them in? They couldn't do any worse than what was going on on the field, could they?

Anyway, here is what I'm thinking-could be totally wrong and am interested in what the rest of you think.

Bo & Company aren't playing the new kids because-

1. They don't think they're ready (Steve Sipple was on 1620 the Zone today and he said that might be one of the reasons.)

2. Bo is afraid to play them as we still have a chance to win out our last three games and he needs experience on the field.

3. They haven't been performing well enough during practice to play on Sat. (I wonder what the criterion is for them in practice that would enable them to play on Sat?)

The most frustrating thing I saw Saturday was Cassidy's "love taps." Is he afraid to hit? There were several times he could have laid the wood to a NW guy, but gently helped him to the ground.

I am glad I am not the only one who saw this....When I was a young football player I'll never forget I was also playing safety, and it was the last play of the first half and the opposing team ran a play up the middle and he was being tackled and I walked up and pushed him very weakly. Before we even went in for halftime my headcoach came up and lit into me saying that was an excellent opportunity to make a statement into half and I blew it. I was completely embarassed and I knew I had done this. I never played half a$$ed again....I sure hope someone lit him up for the SAME type of panzy play I displayed.

Secondly for all the talk about guys not playing what about COURTNEY OSBORNE...WTH if the safety play we are getting warrants him getting zero snaps I am extremely befuddled by the Pelinis, and their doghouse BS that hurts the "team"....Loosen up and play the best players or find a lower income some place else.

Man its a good thing we are not coachs. It is so easy to sit back here and bash the coach from home. To me Green doesnt run the ball hard enough when he does get the carries. I would like to see Abdulla get more carries. Would also Love to See Turner and Bell on the field at the same time also but some one must not be doing right. I mean Bell has how many drops in the past 3 weeks and he still gets on the field.

Hmmmm....yeah, you got a point there. Bell can't block worth a lick either. Turner & Bell together couldn't block a single munchkin. But "if" they actually catch the ball they can do something with it.

Figure something out, Tim......

GBR!!

They're both freshmen though and Jamal Turner was playing a high school QB at this point last year.

More comments from Turner on his absence from the field.

http://huskerextra.com/sports/football/article_6e23de14-bd5e-5e94-ae8a-b8c4d70b8b33.html

"Honestly, I think like I folded when I saw Marlowe step up," Turner said. "He showed me how much he really wanted it. I kind of folded and sat down and let him have it. I never really had to compete for a position. I've always just been given it because I'm athletic."

It's obvious that the "triplets" have tons of talent, but are in dire need of OJT experience. Couple that with the fact that it looked like the MSU game took more of a toll on Rex than we'd had originally thought.

Why wouldn't you have rotated them in with a bit more frequency to spell Rex, and get them valuable game experience. This makes me wonder sometimes, what the hell is Beck thinking?