Where has Green, Heard, and Turner gone?

Ziebol

Just another thing in a long line of bewildering things of this Pelini regime...

I was wondering ....... Where's Todd Peat, David Santos, Zack Sterup, Ryne Reeves, etc. anyway? All touted players. Or could be all red-shirt guys.......save next year.

BTW, I know Charles Jackson was a academic problem but I'm still worried about de-commit thing.

Let me add some more to brighten your day -mostly from the 09 and 10 classes and who should be contributing NOW:

OL Brent Qvale

DE David Ash

OL Jesse Coffey (don't know if it was him or Ash who left)

DE Walker Ashburn (was talked about as a big "Louisiana get" at at DE)

DB Harvey Jackson,

DB Dijon Washington

OL Mike Moudy,

DE Tobi Okuyemi (another huge get at DE supposedly)

DE Donovan Vestal

Perplexing..... that we have to start Cassidy, Thorell, Blatchford, Evans, etc.

AH -- well, I think it is clear that Bo's D is complex.

When it works, it is a thing of beauty. But the learning curve may be too much for athletes.

Is that different than BC's offense?

During the LSU/Bama hoopla of last week someone asked Saban: "What are some of the things your defense has to do to contain LSU"? His answer: "we continue to do the same thing we've done all year. We might tweak a few things for each opponent but the basics of our defense don't change. It's "see ball carrier hit ball carrier. We don't do too many complex things on that side of the ball".

Sounds like maybe Bo's too enamored with his "scheme". Against MSU and their bone headed OC the stand-up DL and peso worked. Against NW, not so much. Yet we still continued to play the patty cake defense letting the QB stand in the pocket and have all day to throw. One big problem - that even a doofus could see: NW doesn't have statue QB's. Duh.

Where was Chase Rome at against NW? I didn't see him at all, injury?

"Pulled muscle" (supposedly)

And while we burn the shirts at RB - a position we could have burned 1, maybe 2 shirts..... we continue to hoard the "talent" at the DL spot esp. after it's sooooo glaringly obvious that the DL/DE is the weakest it's been in a while

Man its a good thing we are not coachs. It is so easy to sit back here and bash the coach from home. To me Green doesnt run the ball hard enough when he does get the carries. I would like to see Abdulla get more carries. Would also Love to See Turner and Bell on the field at the same time also but some one must not be doing right. I mean Bell has how many drops in the past 3 weeks and he still gets on the field.

Since the Minnesota game Green and Heard are almost a non factor and Turner hasn't been seen in awhile. All these guys got so much talent its just kinda confusing why they aren't seeing much playing time. Green, judging from his Twitter, is definetley upset about it. Any thoughts?

I really thought Heard was going to redshirt this year, leaving Green, Abdullah, and Jones fighting for playing time behind Burkhead. Not saying Heard isn't as skilled as the others, but with Abdullah playing special teams and Green coming in with huge expectations, it just seemed like the logical thing to do. And you can tell Green's not taking his lack of playing time lightly just by watching his demeanor on the sidelines. As far as Turner goes, just read knapplc's 11/7/11 presser, guess he's been sick.

My concern is even when Nebraska had a good lead this year burkhead & Martinez played most the game.

When a game is won its won the little extra playing time has more negative side...injuries, rest, playing time...etc

Carnes, green, heard and turner are all going to be inexperienced for the most part next year. Something's just don't make sense at times but I am sure there is a good reason.....maybe.

Bo commented on it and Kinnie tweeted about it. Jamal was sick last week with the flu. But the real reason is isn't out there is because he has been inconsistent during practice. All coaches have said, it doesn't matter what you did in the past, its what are you doing today. If Jamal isn't practicing well and other receivers are, they will see the field over Turner. Remember he is just a freshman, he has a lot to learn.

Green is good to go, Heard had an infection a while back but should be good now, Abdullah is good to go. No reason why they shouldn't have seen the field more against Northwestern. But Bo did say Rex will see less snaps against Penn St.

Rome had a pulled muscle, he should be back this week. Randle is still injured, not expected to be back for the next few weeks.

My concern is even when Nebraska had a good lead this year burkhead & Martinez played most the game.

When a game is won its won the little extra playing time has more negative side...injuries, rest, playing time...etc

Carnes, green, heard and turner are all going to be inexperienced for the most part next year. Something's just don't make sense at times but I am sure there is a good reason.....maybe.

This isn't a lot different than 2001. In 2001, Crouch took nearly every snap which led to the disaster we know as the 2002 season with deer in the headlights Lord. Callahan wasn't any better getting the #2 in the game with the exception of the TT game in 2004. However, this isn't just a Nebraska thing. 2010 Texas epic fail season could be attributed to the same thing. With a gimpy Burkhead, we're a Taylor Martinez injury away from being 0-3 the remainder of the season.

This doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Burkhead is clearly our best back, but is getting physically beat up. I know he is tough as nails, but at this rate, he won't make it through the season. Why not give him a series or two off?

just like playing TM when he was hurt last season, makes no sense, you could clearly see Burkhead was not ready to play....damn you Bo!

maybe not.

maybe not.

maybe we were installing a new offense - so "technically" rex/martinez were inexperienced as well?

(if anything, t-mart's play the last 3 weeks has cemented the fact that he was still figuring out the offense early in the season)

They must be in Bo's doghouse. Lots of guys go there.

Also, why do we burn redshirts on guys at a position where we're stacked - RB, and cling to redshirts on guys at thin position - DL. Seriously. Heard and Green barely play this year and can't redshirt and we need Peat, Guy, or Williams to play but are saving them for some reason. Nonsensical.

Exactly!

STUPIDITY at it's finest.

Now I know why a lot of guys in the know question Bo's HC prowess - some even go as far as saying that he's not HC material.

Yes, I believe we in the biz call them oxygen thieves.

They must be in Bo's doghouse. Lots of guys go there.

Also, why do we burn redshirts on guys at a position where we're stacked - RB, and cling to redshirts on guys at thin position - DL. Seriously. Heard and Green barely play this year and can't redshirt and we need Peat, Guy, or Williams to play but are saving them for some reason. Nonsensical.

Exactly!

STUPIDITY at it's finest.

Now I know why a lot of guys in the know question Bo's HC prowess - some even go as far as saying that he's not HC material.

No one could have predicted that 3 DT's would be out at the same time during the course of this season. Guy and Williams are not redshirted this year. While i will agree Heard and Green should have more playing time given the fact we didn't redshirt a single one of them.

Sports nightly either last week or week before Rich Fisher said plain as day that Jamal Turner is not practicing well and has a lack of focus in practice, hence his playing time has been cut. If he aint practicing well, he probably wont play well. Green and Heard? Well, lets see. Rex has been getting 30 carries a game. Cant argue with it, it's gettin the job done. You dont fix what aint broken. Rex is nicked up so we'll start to see more of the youngins this week.

I also dont understand why we dont get rid of Bo and let some of the genuises here coach the team so we can start stockpiling crystal footballs already.