Any Way PSU Game is Called?

I think the Huskers will come out and play much better than last week. I really want a win this week!! No cancelations please!

You're giving the protestors another day to spool up and multiply their numbers, and the reports were that they were rather unruly last night. Add in some alcohol, multiply the number of students, liberally sprinkle in visiting Nebraska fans...and it's a recipe for disaster, especially if we win.

Unless Penn State authorities can guarantee the safety of the Nebraska fans going to this game, there's no way in hell it should happen. And at this point, would anyone trust what comes out of the mouth of a Penn State authority at this point?

I just read this on the Penn State Facebook spot (take it with a grain of salt?):

Robert James PSU Alert: NCAA will hold a news conference at 3PM EST to announce the cancellation of the Nebraska/Penn State football game on Saturday Nov.12 due to threats and behavior of the Penn State student body.

Does anyone know if this is true? Has anyone else heard anything from the NCAA?

I just read this on the Penn State Facebook spot (take it with a grain of salt?):

Robert James PSU Alert: NCAA will hold a news conference at 3PM EST to announce the cancellation of the Nebraska/Penn State football game on Saturday Nov.12 due to threats and behavior of the Penn State student body.

Negative. Haven't heard that. It's also coming from the PSU Facebook page. Who knows what the hell is going on down there right now.

May not be the middle east where we're fighting a war, but stupidity does abound down there right about now.

Don't know if it's true yet, I doubt it, I guess we'll see. The thing is this game can't just be cancelled and rescheduled for a later date. With us being so late in the season I don't know when they would do the game? Penn State would need to forfeit or NU would need to forfeit. Just move it to Lincoln, we'll take care of the rest.

this about sums it up:

@LaneGrindle:

I don't care if Joe Pa was fired over the phone...one phone call by Paterno 2 police might have prevented the whole thing from happening.

via twitter

I think it kind of weird that people are concerned and upset about the way the Paterno firing was handled but give a pass to the way the molestations were handled. The board of trustees decided a phone call was best to deal with the situation. Wonder where they got that from? Oh yeah that's exactly what you thought was enough to do Joe.

To Joe Pa regarding your phone call firing:

post-6747-0-33882800-1321028976.jpeg

Penn St will regret not cancelling the rest of the season when they travel to Madison and Columbus. That is going to be ugly. The boo's might be deafening.

I could see a reflection of their treatment of Husker fans happening. If they harass our team/fans, and/or riot after the game, I think they're in for a pretty bad time at Madison and Columbus.

this about sums it up:

@LaneGrindle:

I don't care if Joe Pa was fired over the phone...one phone call by Paterno 2 police might have prevented the whole thing from happening.

via twitter

I think it kind of weird that people are concerned and upset about the way the Paterno firing was handled but give a pass to the way the molestations were handled. The board of trustees decided a phone call was best to deal with the situation. Wonder where they got that from? Oh yeah that's exactly what you thought was enough to do Joe.

To Joe Pa regarding your phone call firing:

agreed, and it is effing embarrassing to see joe paterno feel sorry for himself. i always saw him as a selfish old man, and now he appears to be a selfish, evil old man.

agreed, and it is effing embarrassing to see joe paterno feel sorry for himself. i always saw him as a selfish old man, and now he appears to be a selfish, evil old man.

I wonder if JoPa will be "Pete Rosed" from the record books with his career wins, and then the title would go back to Bobby Bowden.

Penn St will regret not cancelling the rest of the season when they travel to Madison and Columbus. That is going to be ugly. The boo's might be deafening.

If the Wisconsin and Ohio State fans blame Penn State players for the acts of a PSU coach who retired over ten years ago that doesn't reflect very well on their powers of reason. I hold out higher hopes for my fellow Americans. The whole country can't be Ricky Lake. Can it?