Second Mile - Pimping Young Boys to Prominent Donors

Landomatic

To be clear, the reports are about "donors" which I'm guessing is regarding donating money to the charity, not necessarily the university. I would change the title of this thread to "donors" rather than boosters but I can't figure out how to change a thread title. Maybe a mod can change that for clarification?

This is like something out of a film script. Or Dante's Inferno. The deeper this thing goes, the more heinous, disgusting, and deplorable it becomes. How can you even maintain a university if there's found to be some connection between that pedofile Sandusky and donors/officials/coaches/whatever running a child prostitution ring out of a troubled youth charity?

Good friggin Christ.

Wow, just wow. I thought of the Franklin Credit Union scandal too. I read part of DeCamps book, and I happen to know one of the cops who was mentioned in the book as an investigator. He said that there is a lot of conjecture in that book. Fascinating read, not in a good way.

If these new allegations are true, wow, lookout. I can see the death penalty, and deservedly so.

If there is found to be any truth at all in Second Mile or Sandusky pimping out young boys to rich boosters/donors or that it was known that Sandusky's early retirement was in fact a trade off for the coverup of this horrendous deal, IMO this will be by far the single biggest scandal ever seen in this country. Worse than Watergate. In comparison, this would make Miami's issues seem like the acts of saints. This would not only be cause for the death penalty on the PSU football program, it quite literally could be the death penalty for the whole PSU institution. I simply cannot comprehend that this could possibly be true. It's like trying to mentally picture a trillion dollars in one dollar bills, you might think you can get your mind around it but you really can't.

Huge scandal? Yes. Biggest in our generation? Yea probably. Biggest in the history of the country? Not quite

If these rumors about prominent donors being involved in a pedophile ring turn out to have merit, expect the Ray Gricar disappearance case to be looked-at again. He's the DA who was investigating Sandusky who mysteriously disappeared and his laptop was found with the hard drive ripped-out.

Most people assumed before now that the Youngstown mob got him for his prosecutions of them years earlier, but this could make authorities look at the case anew.

If these rumors about prominent donors being involved in a pedophile ring turn out to have merit, expect the Ray Gricar disappearance case to be looked-at again. He's the DA who was investigating Sandusky who mysteriously disappeared and his laptop was found with the hard drive ripped-out.

Most people assumed before now that the Youngstown mob got him for his prosecutions of them years earlier, but this could make authorities look at the case anew.

Has he now been officially declared dead? Or still listed as missing...........?

Has he now been officially declared dead? Or still listed as missing...........?

He's been declared legally dead. He left no suicide note and family did not see any indicator of such. Foul play is the more likely cause of death.

To be clear, the reports are about "donors" which I'm guessing is regarding donating money to the charity, not necessarily the university. I would change the title of this thread to "donors" rather than boosters but I can't figure out how to change a thread title. Maybe a mod can change that for clarification?

From what I understand, the list of donors, more or less, was a subset of the boosters that donated to PSU.

But I understand the want for clarification.

Where's the NCAA jurisdiction in this matter? It's not an NCAA investigation, so the NCAA should have nothing to do with it... At least that's my understanding of it.

If they were pimped to donors, then the NCAA will get involved I am sure. They might get more than the death penalty if that would be the case.

Additionally, how wonder how those dumb asses would feel after stupid little riot last night?

I was thinking the same thing. He does infer a valid point retired in 99 simply because JoePa said he was not leaving. He was a big time coach you would think his name would have been up for a couple jobs.

He's been declared legally dead. He left no suicide note and family did not see any indicator of such. Foul play is the more likely cause of death.

I was listening to Adrian Fiala's show yesterday and they had mentioned something about Gricar's home computer being looked at by authorities shortly after his disappearance. Apparently they found a search query history dealing with how to destroy a hard drive. He had called his girlfriend at the time and let her know he was going to to for a drive or something like that. He was never seen again. I think Fiala had sort of questioned that maybe he had been bought off and told to disappear. If this involves donors with deep pockets then that's certainly within the realm of possibilities. That's probably highly unlikely though. My guess is that he's dead, but that then beings up other questions.

I was listening to Adrian Fiala's show yesterday and they had mentioned something about Gricar's home computer being looked at by authorities shortly after his disappearance. Apparently they found a search query history dealing with how to destroy a hard drive. He had called his girlfriend at the time and let her know he was going to to for a drive or something like that. He was never seen again. I think Fiala had sort of questioned that maybe he had been bought off and told to disappear. If this involves donors with deep pockets then that's certainly within the realm of possibilities. That's probably highly unlikely though. My guess is that he's dead, but that then beings up other questions.

His brother had committed suicide under nearly identical circumstances in 1996. The theory is that Gricar did the same thing. Hard to say. But the least likely thing, IMO, is that he was "silenced" over this.

LINK

I dont know if this is the biggest scandal in our nations history, but its at least the most disturbing. I have not felt this numb since the Jonestown/Guyana story broke in the lake 70's and each day the papers kept coming out with more and more shocking data.

I think this thing is huge---if it were just one sicko doing things for all those years...and PSU did not do a whole lot to stop it--just sort of looked the other way--I think they could survive--and just sort of plead ignorance. I just have the sick feeling that there is a much wider circle of people involved in this thing

His brother had committed suicide under nearly identical circumstances in 1996. The theory is that Gricar did the same thing. Hard to say. But the least likely thing, IMO, is that he was "silenced" over this.

LINK

Thanks for the link. That's nuts. A couple of things raised my eyebrows but probably don't hold much water. The cigarette ashes and then his brother drowning himself as a suicide. Why drown yourself? Anyone that has been close to drowning will tell you what an awful experience it is, I don't know why he wouldn't take an easier way out. That's a bit weird but no one has any idea what was going through his mind at that moment. Where are The Lone Gunmen when you need them?