Second Mile - Pimping Young Boys to Prominent Donors

Landomatic

Just heard on the radio that local authorities are investigating allegations that the Second Mile organization was using charity to "pimp young boys to prominent boosters". I'll try to find a link to the audio. They also mentioned that it is believed that the organization was serving as a filter for for money to pay players. Also that the number of victims is now over 40.

Things are going to get 100x worse very quickly I fear, as details about this come out, and as they follow the line of corruption all the way to the police department.

Sounds to me like the Penn State athletic department paid off the police and DA to drop the charges.

• Fire 1

Things are going to get 100x worse very quickly I fear, as details about this come out, and as they follow the line of corruption all the way to the police department.

Sounds to me like the Penn State athletic department paid off the police and DA to drop the charges.

Yep. Paterno is just the first of many to fall. Boosters, police, politicians. This has just begun. This is starting to rival the Franklin Sex Scandal out of Omaha.

Omaha-Husker--can you elaborate on the Franklin Sex Scandal--I don't recall that one, I'm afraid. Then again, I probably am better off not knowing...

And the NCAA is already getting involved in this matter--Second Mile acting as a pimp of little children to boosters and a broker for Penn State players would make this scandal the worst one in NCAA history, easily outclassing SMU and the more-recent Miami debacle.

If a link is made and verified by NCAA investigators, there's no way they won't kill Penn State with death.

Yep. Paterno is just the first of many to fall. Boosters, police, politicians. This has just begun. This is starting to rival the Franklin Sex Scandal out of Omaha.

Didn't the Franklin sex scandal involve Boys Town!? I am not highly familiar with the incident...but I have heard some things....

For fairness sake, it should be noted that nothing official has been acknowledged regarding the new allegations, other than CBS' Gregg Doyle noting that he was told the issue was on the Pennsylvania attorney general's "radar." That said, Mark Madden was the guy who broke the Sandusky story way back in March and was largely ignored and denied by PSU officials. He's one guy with some credibility in this, so if he's pushing the story I'm inclined to believe there's something to it.

Omaha-Husker--can you elaborate on the Franklin Sex Scandal--I don't recall that one, I'm afraid. Then again, I probably am better off not knowing...

And the NCAA is already getting involved in this matter--Second Mile acting as a pimp of little children to boosters and a broker for Penn State players would make this scandal the worst one in NCAA history, easily outclassing SMU and the more-recent Miami debacle.

If a link is made and verified by NCAA investigators, there's no way they won't kill Penn State with death.

Where's the NCAA jurisdiction in this matter? It's not an NCAA investigation, so the NCAA should have nothing to do with it... At least that's my understanding of it.

Where's the NCAA jurisdiction in this matter? It's not an NCAA investigation, so the NCAA should have nothing to do with it... At least that's my understanding of it.

But the federal Department of Education is, and they if they find systematic coverup and negligence, they could bring punishments that would devastate the school from top-to-bottom, not just the athletic department. Penn State could return to it's original form of a sleepy state U in central Pennsylvania before the arrival of JoePa.

But the federal Department of Education is, and they if they find systematic coverup and negligence, they could bring punishments that would devastate the school from top-to-bottom, not just the athletic department. Penn State could return to it's original form of a sleepy state U in central Pennsylvania before the arrival of JoePa.

That makes much more sense. The NCAA has no dog in this fight, the DoE on the other hand--is what will absolutely kill the University. Better start looking for another school Mr. Delaney

If there is found to be any truth at all in Second Mile or Sandusky pimping out young boys to rich boosters/donors or that it was known that Sandusky's early retirement was in fact a trade off for the coverup of this horrendous deal, IMO this will be by far the single biggest scandal ever seen in this country. Worse than Watergate. In comparison, this would make Miami's issues seem like the acts of saints. This would not only be cause for the death penalty on the PSU football program, it quite literally could be the death penalty for the whole PSU institution. I simply cannot comprehend that this could possibly be true. It's like trying to mentally picture a trillion dollars in one dollar bills, you might think you can get your mind around it but you really can't.

Didn't the Franklin sex scandal involve Boys Town!? I am not highly familiar with the incident...but I have heard some things....

The Franklin Credit Union scandal was about embezzlement. L. King had a thing for young boys and they told a grand jury that King "pimped" them out to prominent politicians. The facts were deemed false and 2 of the kids were indicted for perjury.

The Franklin Credit Union scandal was about embezzlement. L. King had a thing for young boys and they told a grand jury that King "pimped" them out to prominent politicians. The facts were deemed false and 2 of the kids were indicted for perjury.

I too ,was reminded of the Franklin Scandal.

I remember reading the book by John DeCamp at the time. One of the tidbits was his introduction to the book where he stated..............(I'm paraphrasing here).........something along the lines of...."I'm naming names, times, places and coverups. IF, my facts are not true...........why has no one filed slander and libel suits against me".....?

Then, of course, you had the investigator Gary Coridori killed in a suspicious plane crash on the way back from the All-Star game along with his son.

That also was SO big in it's implications that it was believed to be TOO preposterous (claims that boys were being ferreted to European countries for orgies, etc with wealthy aristocrats, etc. The whole enormity of the charges was mindblowing.)

I have no idea of the veracity of any of the charges or how it settled down in the public's mind, but the allegations this morning about the Second Mile pimping, etc...............Wow...........just brought back memories.

If they were pimped to donors, then the NCAA will get involved I am sure. They might get more than the death penalty if that would be the case.

Additionally, how wonder how those dumb asses would feel after stupid little riot last night?