We Should Put a Blue "N" on our Helmet Saturday . . .

In a show of support to Penn State players and the entire State College community, I think it would be cool if we replaced the red N on our helmets with a blue N this week. There is a lot of pain that there team and community is going through.

I thought I heard somewhere that Dr. Osborne wanted the fans to wear something besides red this weekend. Any truth to this?

In a show of support to Penn State players and the entire State College community, I think it would be cool if we replaced the red N on our helmets with a blue N this week. There is a lot of pain that there team and community is going through.

I thought I heard somewhere that Dr. Osborne wanted the fans to wear something besides red this weekend. Any truth to this?

I head that too. I think it would be very cool if Husker fans wore some blue to the game. I like the idea of a blue sticker on our helmets too.

I don't necessarily agree with this. A very discreet show of support would be more than adequate. Doing anything to draw that much attention can be taken the wrong way. Right or wrong; to me part of the problem is lumping these tragic events together with this game. It is purely coincidental that NU is playing PSU during this tumultuous time. PSU needs to heal granted. Support the victims first and foremost. Attempt to understand and be empathetic to those struggling to comprehend how people they trusted could have allowed this to happen. It is a sad state of affairs all the way around no doubt. Lets not feed the media circus this has turned into. They will not postpone or cancel this game so our team has to play and move on. Pray for the victims and do whatever they can if so inclined; I just don't think this game should be used by NU as a way to make a statement about the events surrounding it.

• Fire 1

I head that too. I think it would be very cool if Husker fans wore some blue to the game. I like the idea of a blue sticker on our helmets too.

Osborne said he understand if Nebraska fans don't wear red to the game if they're worried about being singled out by Penn State fans. It's for safety reasons, not symbolism.

• Fire 2

Apparently it was mentioned on a radio interview with KLIN. The only actual info I have seenis his statement cited in a huskerextra article which does not specifically reference that:

http://my.journalstar.com/post/Husker_Extra_Group/Husker_Extra/blog/osbornes_statement.html