Taylor Martinez!

That "if it hits your hands you catch it" is such a crock. Yes, we are dropping too many fairly routine balls (and this really seems to be BK), but a lot of the incompletions that people are calling drops are balls that would be way above average catches. Yes, you need to make some of those catches, but they are not "drops". The ball in the first half that Bell dove for and got both hands on it. That would have been a spetacular catch, it was not a drop.

TM again seems to get better each week. Not perfect, but the guy is certainly making numerous winning plays every game lately.

Martinez has been a much better game manager this year, which is good to see. However, it seems to me like he has lost a step a little bit this year in terms of speed and explosiveness. Maybe I'm wrong.

it think he is just more tentative because they dont want him taking all of this hits.

This. But shout out to T-Mart dude played a good game and it is obvious he's getting better.

That "if it hits your hands you catch it" is such a crock. Yes, we are dropping too many fairly routine balls (and this really seems to be BK), but a lot of the incompletions that people are calling drops are balls that would be way above average catches. Yes, you need to make some of those catches, but they are not "drops". The ball in the first half that Bell dove for and got both hands on it. That would have been a spetacular catch, it was not a drop.

TM again seems to get better each week. Not perfect, but the guy is certainly making numerous winning plays every game lately.

i disagree partially. if you are totally laying out or getting hit, then its a tough catch, even if it hits your hands. but if it hits both hands and you are just going down for a ball then a college WR needs to catch that ball75% of the time. its like a free throw in basketball. sure you can miss some, but there is no reason for a college player not to make at least 75% I can tell you this... matt davison, todd peterson, and nate swift would have caught those balls.

I agree on that particular play. I don't consider that the receiver's fault, really. But every other time the ball hit a player's hands in this game, it was on the receiver. Save maybe that really high short throw on third down to... Enunwa or Bell.

i disagree partially. if you are totally laying out or getting hit, then its a tough catch, even if it hits your hands. but if it hits both hands and you are just going down for a ball then a college WR needs to catch that ball75% of the time. its like a free throw in basketball. sure you can miss some, but there is no reason for a college player not to make at least 75% I can tell you this... matt davison, todd peterson, and nate swift would have caught those balls.

I think you're probably correct about those three. But those were probably the best "handed" receivers we've had here in a long, long time. And in a couple of years, maybe Bell makes that catch. But honestly, I don't think 75% of NFL receivers hang onto the ball when they're diving to the ground.

A makeable catch? Yes, a drop? No, not in my opinion.

I think you're probably correct about those three. But those were probably the best "handed" receivers we've had here in a long, long time. And in a couple of years, maybe Bell makes that catch. But honestly, I don't think 75% of NFL receivers hang onto the ball when they're diving to the ground.

thats not saying much

which one in particular are we talking about? I am referring to the drops as a whole today. kinnie had one, bell had one and enunwa had one(that I can remember)

I realize, and agree, we are dropping too many routine balls. I just think a lot of people are catoragizing balls that are not routine as easy catches that are dropped.

What are you basing that on? It seems like people are talking about drops - which you are pointing out, as well. Where are people focusing on the big show catches that aren't made?

I was hoping somebody would have started this thread, because I whole-heartedly agree. Honestly, the one part of his game I'm most critical about now is his acceleration and lack of movement, which still seems to be an issue on these option plays or plays where he doesn't have an easy hole to run through. But in the grand scheme of things, this is a minor detail. He's been impressive these last few weeks and he deserves our praise.

thats not saying much

which one in particular are we talking about? I am referring to the drops as a whole today. kinnie had one, bell had one and enunwa had one(that I can remember)

I'm talking about the one in the first half over the middle to Bell, he dove, got both hands on the ball about six inches off the ground, and when he hit it popped out. He thought he should have caught it, but guys at that level think they should make every play.

I thought on the ball to Enumwa, which was high, that the defender got his arm just as the ball arrived. He tried to catch it the correct way with his hands, but I think the defender made a good play on that ball. Another one that some called a drop. Sometimes the defender makes a good play too.

I must give props to Taylor, never been a real fan, but felt he was the best we have. He has made some gigantic strides in the last three weeks, and as much as it kills me to say this, I think it is because he and Beck are on the same page. I was not impressed with that hire, but it appears the two are truly working together to get to Taylors strengths.

Eating crow.

I realize, and agree, we are dropping too many routine balls. I just think a lot of people are catoragizing balls that are not routine as easy catches that are dropped.

What are you basing that on? It seems like people are talking about drops - which you are pointing out, as well. Where are people focusing on the big show catches that aren't made?

Sorry Knapp, I saw this one after I posted earlier. The main two I'm talking about are Bell's diving attempt and Enumwa's ball where I thought the defender made a good play, got Enumwa's arm preventing him from making the catch clean. I'm not talking "big show" catches like the one Marlow made a couple of weeks ago, I'm just talking about balls that I don't believe are routine. Throws that are behind, high or low. While they are most likely catchable to a varying extent, they also aren't routine. If you would talk about a catch being "great", like Bell's would have been when he dove, then to me, it's not a drop.

I need Zoogies here, he might be my only ally.

• Fire 1