This is straight from espn.

. Nebraska is still alive for a BCS bid: One of the main reasons Nebraska's loss to Northwestern was so painful for Big Red fans -- besides the fact that it knocked the team out of first place in the Legends -- was because tough road games at Penn State and Michigan were up next. But the Huskers pulled off a 17-14 victory in State College under difficult circumstances, to set up a big showdown in Ann Arbor next week. Even if Michigan State goes on to Indianapolis, Nebraska would be in good shape for an at-large BCS bid if it won out and finished 10-2. In fact, that might be a better outcome than if the Huskers were to win the division but lose in the Big Ten title game. The losses by Boise State and Stanford on Saturday may have greatly enhanced the Big Ten's chances of getting an at-large BCS bid, and Nebraska's fan base will make it attractive to big bowls. If the Blackshirts defense can keep playing more like they did against Penn State than they did against Northwestern and Rex Burkhead continues leading the offensive charge, Bo Pelini's team could make its first BCS appearance in a decade.

The only realistic way we go to a BCS bowl is if we win out, MSU loses another game, and we beat Wisky/yOSU in the CCG.

And all this because:

- We decided to blow off NW

- We decided to not watch game film (I didn't say it, Yoshi did)

- The team decided to live up to the Pelini mantra: "Every year you have to lose to an unranked team (preferably at home)"

Yup, a heavy price to pay. Makes you wonder that with only 12 reg. season games how on earth a team like NU that's trying to get back to relevance takes a game off. Falls totally on the staff.

The only realistic way we go to a BCS bowl is if we win out, MSU loses another game, and we beat Wisky/yOSU in the CCG.

And all this because:

- The team decided to live up to the Pelini mantra: "Every year you have to lose to an unranked team (preferably at home)"

Yup, a heavy price to pay. Makes you wonder that with only 12 reg. season games how on earth a team like NU that's trying to get back to relevance takes a game off. Falls totally on the staff.

So what do you suggest we do? Fire our coach who is on the right path to get us back to the NC game? Everything you say is so pessimistic and dumb... go away

And all this because:

So what do you suggest we do? Fire our coach who is on the right path to get us back to the NC game? Everything you say is so pessimistic and dumb... go away

And everything you say is stupid childish gibberish that brings absolutely nothing to this board.

At least I say it like it is while you like to suck on lollipops.

Go away!

Will the Big Ten get two BCS berths? Maybe, probably.

Will that team be Nebraska? I'm not convinced.

Im not totally convinced that BigTen will get 2 berths or that Nebraska will be an at large team. Like I said Nebraska is gonna need some help and from looking at some teams schedules ranked ahead of us, its going to be a tall order. Luckily Nebraska beat a top 15 team on the road so that will help in the rankings and should next week if we beat Michigan which will be a top 20 team. Projections are 16th from what Im seeing(cbssports.com), which puts Nebraska right between MSU and Wisconsin. The key is Nebraska needs to be in top 12, be ranked ahead of Boise and Houston(which is now projected to the Fiesta Bowl).

Boise will not be getting a bid with one loss to an unranked TCU. Not gonna happen unless a ton of 2 loss teams lose (from ACC, Big10...)

Never mind, I'm an idiot. Boise would have to be in the top 12 or 16 (13-16 is ok if higher than another conf champ, such as the Big East) AND has to be their own conference champ, which they won't be unless TCU drops a game in conference. If Houston loses, the Big 10 has a real chance at a second BCS team.

<<Well the chances of getting by Michigan at their house is slim at best as I see it. They have found another QB I think that runs and passes. Spells danger and disaster for brothers Pelini.

We really do not want any part of a BCS level team,>>

I agree. Let's just to a low-level bowl game against a weaker opponent, perhaps one we've played and defeated in the regular season already.

Oh wait. Nevermind.

• Fire 1