Kinnie

mwj98

OK, how many of you have watched Okie State this year. EVERY game Justin Blackmon, probably the best receiver in college right now, drops at least one ball a game and sometimes matches it with a boneheaded fumble. Does it get absolutely blown out of the water. No. The biggest difference IMO is the number of chances he gets a game. If NU was chucking the ball around as much as OSU does, these drops are definately not magnified as much as they are.

And all of us know that catching a football in a Division I game is the easiest thing to do in the world.

• Fire 1

OK, how many of you have watched Okie State this year. EVERY game Justin Blackmon, probably the best receiver in college right now, drops at least one ball a game and sometimes matches it with a boneheaded fumble. Does it get absolutely blown out of the water. No. The biggest difference IMO is the number of chances he gets a game. If NU was chucking the ball around as much as OSU does, these drops are definately not magnified as much as they are.

And all of us know that catching a football in a Division I game is the easiest thing to do in the world.

Good point.

This is ridiculous. Every fan, coach and armchair qb yells at the guy for not catching the ball. Enough. He knows he's supposed to catch it. He's not trying to drop passes. He works hard to fix it. Leave the guy alone.

Before everyone else starts nagging on him to catch the ball, you do it. If you can't - better yet if you haven't - stfu.

• Fire 1

I think Kinnie has improved as the season went along after having some drops in the first couple games. He isn't a superstar, but he has had many big catches in his Husker career. He does exactly what the coaches ask of him, he just needs to concentrate and reel them in when he gets his chance. Have to have faith in this guy when it counts.

Also, let's keep this post on track and do not foray into the "you don't know anything if you never played this sport"..."nuh uh" back and forth. I disagree with the poster's assertion that Kinnie stinks, and do not like player bashing. This thread is walking a thin line, IMO, so please keep it above board.

Thanks.

I said it another thread, I feel awful for BK. He was supposed to be the senior leader this year, and its becoming obvious he overhyped himelf during the offseason. I hope that these next couple weeks turn around for him and he can make some big plays.

I feel awful for the guy as well. I really feel he means well. I don't doubt his love for NU and wanting to do his best. Unfortunantly he hasn't caught the ball.

I feel bad for Kinnie. The kid really wears his heart on his sleeve, and from my perspective it seems pretty obvious that it's just killing him to be making those drops out there. It really has the feel of a mental thing now...maybe it's just in his head and rather than playing with confidence he's just pushing pushing pushing to make plays. When you think too much, you usually don't play as well. Some of the best games I ever had in any sport were the games when I was almost zoned out, as weird as that might sound.

The negativity from some folks on HB surrounding our receiving corps confuses me a little, though. It's been a little bit since we've had a trio with as much potential and talent as Enunwa, Bell, and Turner, and those kids are YOUNG, too. I see Taylor throwing the ball better and better, and knowing that we've got two more years of growth with Quincy and three with Bell and Turner I'm pretty damn excited for the future of this offense in terms of potential in the passing game. (All of that hinges on O-line play naturally, which almost doesn't even need to be said.)

The folks that seem intent on desperately grasping on to a negative outlook on this seem to be naturally predicated towards pessimism, which is fine. I can't imagine that's a fun way to follow the program though. Your loss, I guess.

we have some good guys coming up..... but BK aint one of them right now... the thing is these guys can catch the ball they are not some idiots off some random HS team... i just dont know why they cant preform at game time...

because they are not 5 star recruits.. And they are still just freshman..

you dont need to be a 5 star to know how to catch the ball.......

Yup,

Sincerely,

Boise State