Urban Meyer to Ohio State?

Badger_HB

Urban Meyer has never defeated Nebraska.

Has an Urban Meyer team ever played NU?

I'm far too lazy to look it up...

Not as a head coach.

Urban Meyer has never defeated Nebraska.

Has an Urban Meyer team ever played NU?

I'm far too lazy to look it up...

Meyer was teh WR coach at CU state in 91 and 93 when we beat them.

And WR coach at Notre Dame when we played them in 2000.

Here is the link:

http://msn.foxsports...t-report-112211

We will see how Bo matches up with one of the best college football coaches in recent memory. I'm a little jealous considering all of the misery the Buckeyes are going through only to get a prize coach in the end.

Rumors are already flying that we will lose the top DE recruit we got out of Ohio (Greg McMullen). I doubt that happens, but you never know.....Also, LB Deion Jones just got a schollie offer from LSU so he is as good as gone!

This season is starting to really wear on me from a mental aspect.

Goooood lord...$40 Million for 7 years?? I guess worth every penny if/when he gets them to championship level seasons. I'm starting to think our problem is mostly financial. We need an influx of serious cash. Look around the country and the top teams are just out spending us it seems like. Whether it's on facilities, coach's salaries, equipment, whatever. I know it's not the "Nebraska way" to just throw money at things but it may just be the "college football way" these days. If we want to walk with the big dogs again, we have to start pissing in the tall weeds.

But to your original point...this certainly doesn't help us or Bo at all. We had the upper hand on OSU this year but that ride is over, effective pretty much immediately. Won't take Urban long to straighten that thing out.

Past success is no guarantee of future glory. Many high fling coaches struggle once they are put in a new program. Spurrier comes to mind. With that kind of coin Meyer will be on the hot seat from day one, he has five years to play for a title, even that will be pushing it...

Ohio State = Florida

South Carolina < Florida

Big difference!!

I don't think it's a given that he will be an instant success.

We still don't know the extent of the NCAA's punishment.

Plus................unless he can convince some Florida speed to come north, he will be battling for the same recruits as the rest of us.

I'll wait for the coronation for a bit...............

The idea of Meyer at tOSU is a good thing for this confrence, but he is not going to have immediate success like many people believe. He loses alot of talent on offense, and defense. He has to recruit to what kind of system he runs on offense, which might take a year or two.