Is there a spot on our staff for Turner?

HSKR

KU just finished an 0-10 run after starting the year 2-0. Turner is definitely on the hot seat but he may get one more year to try to turn things around. Assuming Turner gets the boot do we want him back? Is there a spot for him? I wonder if he even wants to come back. Like a lot of coaches, maybe take a year off and think about it. Personally, I'd love to see him back in some form, if not on the coaching staff them maybe an administrative assistant or something higher up in the athletic department.

Last names people! :ahhhhhhhh

I don't see a spot for him right now, given we have no definitive plans for changing our assistant coaches around. A guy like Gill would more than likely pursue a coordinator position before an assistant position, and Beck isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

As far as Kansas is concerned, it's possible to win there, but they have serious talent issues right now at a lot of positions. Plus, I'm of the opinion it's a lot harder to win in the current Big 12 than it is was in the former for North teams. He has time to turn things around, but another 2-10 season or worse will probably result in Gill being let go imho.

He's been there for 2 years, they need to chill the f#*k out.

They're Kansas, not some big name program.

I think that is the best thing Turner has going for him for getting another year, it's Kansas. Kind of like Nebraska and basketball.

They don't realize what they really are down there, Mangino really spoiled them with his brief stint. I've got an uncle at KU and the way he makes it sound Turner wil be lucky if they even consider him for another year. Seem like there is a lot of hostility towards him and he just rubs folks the wrong way there.

Even Kansas has standards. They want to at least be bowl eligible. One more bad year and he is gone. How did he do so good at Buffalo? Was it a fluke or was it just over-reactions?

Well, he wasn't great at Buffalo. He turned them around from being the worst team in FBS, and eventually won them their conference. Definitely a huge feat in an of itself, but he wasn't great. I was of the impression that once Gill had some more talent to work with he'd be even better. I would argue that this years, and last years, Kansas teams may have been less talented than even some of this Buffalo teams.

As much as I love Turner and his contributions to Nebraska....... a simple NO to the answer... Been there, done that.....left....

** unless Bo leaves and a HC search happens and TO decides to take a chance.....no way does he come back to Nebraska for a "position" coach.

As much as I love Turner and his contributions to Nebraska....... a simple NO to the answer... Been there, done that.....left....

** unless Bo leaves and a HC search happens and TO decides to take a chance.....no way does he come back to Nebraska for a "position" coach.

So you're willing to take a chance on him as a head coach but not a position coach? He'd be more willing to stay here than another position coach would be....

He's been there for 2 years, they need to chill the f#*k out.

They're Kansas, not some big name program.

I think that is the best thing Turner has going for him for getting another year, it's Kansas. Kind of like Nebraska and basketball.

They don't realize what they really are down there, Mangino really spoiled them with his brief stint.

Mangino was the biggest smoke-and-mirrors coach in the last 30 years. He had one good year, 12-1. In that year, he didn't have to play Oklahoma, Texas, or in the conference championship game. In addition, we totally sucked that year, so they essentially played a Boise State schedule to get to 12-1

Something about the way Gill carries himself tells me he could be a hell of an AD. Not suggesting he follows TO, but he seems to fit the mold.

Wow, I hadn't thought of that before. But now that you mention it, I could see it. Turner would be a great AD. Somewhere, anyway.