Coaching carousel 2011

Nexus

According to @footballscoop Arkansas State has hired Gus Malzahn as their new head coach? :blink:

I don't understand why he would take a job there. He is currently one of the highest paid coordinators and turned down a job at Vandy last year which would lead me to believe he could land a better job then Arkansas State.

There may be more to this that we don't know.

From the subtle hints thrown around on Twitter, Malzahn was looking to get away from Auburn. Apparently things weren't all roses over there. I'm also guessing this had something to do with it too.

According to @footballscoop Arkansas State has hired Gus Malzahn as their new head coach? :blink:

I don't understand why he would take a job there. He is currently one of the highest paid coordinators and turned down a job at Vandy last year which would lead me to believe he could land a better job then Arkansas State.

From the subtle hints thrown around on Twitter, Malzahn was looking to get away from Auburn. Apparently things weren't all roses over there. I'm also guessing this had something to do with it too.

and remember Auburn's defensive coordinator left to take the same job at UCF. An obvious demotion which leads me to believe there's something fishy going on at Auburn. I'm guessing they become the next team with major NCAA violations.

and remember Auburn's defensive coordinator left to take the same job at UCF. An obvious demotion which leads me to believe there's something fishy going on at Auburn. I'm guessing they become the next team with major NCAA violations.

As I've said in the past, I don't usually wish bad on a school in terms of NCAA trouble, but Auburn is an exception. I do not like what they stand for as an athletic program, particularly football.

What's going on at Auburn? I get the feeling that something is coming down the pipe and the rats are fleeing the ship. First Malzahn and now DC Ted Roof, who leaves Auburn to go to UCF.

Malzahn reportedly took a $500K pay cut to go to Ark State.

Roof leaves his position at Auburn to take a lateral position at a far less prestigious school at UCF.

What's going on at Auburn? I get the feeling that something is coming down the pipe and the rats are fleeing the ship. First Malzahn and now DC Ted Roof, who leaves Auburn to go to UCF.

Roof leaves his position at Auburn to take a lateral position at a far less prestigious school at UCF.

I could see him taking a pay cut in order to make the jump to the HC ranks. The upside is a LOT higher. But $500k?? How much do they pay assistants in the SEC anyway?

Todd Graham leaves Pitt after one season to take Arizona St. Job. Graham told his team by.......TEXT MESSAGE! What a dousche! Steve Pederson sure knows how to pick 'em!

*Side Note: Anyone notice this year watching Pitt games on ESPN that Pitt has the same tunnel walk song as Nebraska. Coincidence?

Todd Graham leaves Pitt after one season to take Arizona St. Job. Graham told his team by.......TEXT MESSAGE! What a dousche! Steve Pederson sure knows how to pick 'em!

*Side Note: Anyone notice this year watching Pitt games on ESPN that Pitt has the same tunnel walk song as Nebraska. Coincidence?

Maybe he'll go for Wanny.........part deux...............

Maybe he'll go for Wanny.........part deux...............

I'd rather see Wanny take over as AD and Pederson hit the bricks again. Now THAT would be funny. :lol:

Dave Wannstedt 2005-2010

Phil Bennet 2010 (bowl game)

Michael Haywood Dec 16, 2010 - Jan 1, 2011

Todd Graham 2011

Good luck, Pedey. Couldn't happen to nicer guy.

If he would hurry up he could have 5 coaches in one year. That would have to be a record.

I could see him try to grab Maryland's coach. I think that guy wanted to be at Pitt in the worst way last time and he's getting heat there now for changing the culture and getting his ass kicked.

I could see him taking a pay cut in order to make the jump to the HC ranks. The upside is a LOT higher. But $500k?? How much do they pay assistants in the SEC anyway?

I think he was making 1.2 million. The thing about Auburn is that the boosters tend to run a lot of things and make it very hard to recruit honestly. Tubberville was run off because he didn't want pay for play anymore. When they hired Gene the Machine over Gill there were emails going around they wanted a guy who would look the other way and he was their man. I think there is still crap in the FBI reports that hasn't fully come out yet. (If you believe inside sources). I think the place is going to be toxic very quickly.