John Papuchis new DC?

What has Raymond done? I'm not trying to be argumentive, but what did he do to really impress people?

Actually recruits. Who else on that staff would you pick.?

As I said earlier, maybe Garrison gets the spot. He is very organized and has shown a heck of an effort out on the road this year.

That's what I was asking. Rationale, rather then winner by default. He's been here less then a year and I am not sure if he's a good coach or not as the entire defense was a disappointment.

Makes a lot of sense if you consider :

• Bo will want HIS defense ran and won't mind calling plays for a few years with a DC-in-Training

-Bringing in a proven DC would be a problem when he wanted to use his system and not Bo's
  • JP has been given more and more responsibility.
  • Pretty good with recruiting too.
  • Been under Bo for quite a few years now - knows system, knows coaching style...got the 'culture' down.
  • Bo likes to promote his guys and get them better jobs.

How is he for playcalling? Who knows...who cares...he won't do it for a a few years anyway, but I imagine being around Bo for so long... he'd be on the same wave-length with Bo in terms of when to turn up the heat and when not to.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And it still leaves open the possibility to fill the open spot with a PROVEN national recruiter.................

What has Raymond done? I'm not trying to be argumentive, but what did he do to really impress people?

As I said earlier, maybe Garrison gets the spot. He is very organized and has shown a heck of an effort out on the road this year.

That's what I was asking. Rationale, rather then winner by default. He's been here less then a year and I am not sure if he's a good coach or not as the entire defense was a disappointment.

To an extent his results on the field play in part to some recruits, but you wanted to know who on staff would be considered to replace JP as Recruit Coord. if that scenario presented itself. And if you look at recruiting results after JP it is Raymond and Garrison, no one else is even really close.

As for CR on the field. Look how the secondary progressed throughout the year. This was a good hire to replace MS.

To an extent his results on the field play in part to some recruits, but you wanted to know who on staff would be considered to replace JP as Recruit Coord. if that scenario presented itself. And if you look at recruiting results after JP it is Raymond and Garrison, no one else is even really close.

As for CR on the field. Look how the secondary progressed throughout the year. This was a good hire to replace MS.

They may have progressed, but why was the start so rough? Was it just a learning curve deal? He is young after all. I adore Garrison and I heard that JP is a great recruiter, but if so, why do we seem to lack talent?

They may have progressed, but why was the start so rough? Was it just a learning curve deal? He is young after all. I adore Garrison and I heard that JP is a great recruiter, but if so, why do we seem to lack talent?

Look who was missing. If Zo was healthy the struggles are not so prevailent. Secondly, the first timers that were starting on the opposite side of the field. Andrew Green will be a stud next year. Injuries, a;beit little nicks and bruises, probably prevented the whole group as first envisioned to get time together. As far as the safeties, I can't really tell ya there. Between injuries or the dreaded dog house, who knows. The other thing that I think hampered this group was the thought that they wouldn't be able to play physically. That assumption was put to rest about the MSU game and you saw a more physical secondary from that point. Look for that trend to continue next fall.

As for the talent, let's fully review that question when the young, and yes NU is young, talent gets more seasoned with PT.

I have stated it before and I will say it again. If JP gets promoted, I think we should go after Tosh Lupoi from Cal to becaome our DL coach and RC. This guy can recruit circles around our current guys and would be awesome to have. I don't think he will leave Cal though.

1) A wealth of new ideas to add to the mix. Bo's one of the best in the biz, but having another voice could keep us from being too rigid in our philosophy. And a DC that is competent enough to be left more alone would free up Bo to concentrate more on being a HC.

2) Recruiting

1) A wealth of new ideas to add to the mix. Bo's one of the best in the biz, but having another voice could keep us from being too rigid in our philosophy. And a DC that is competent enough to be left more alone would free up Bo to concentrate more on being a HC.

2) Recruiting

The coaches examine at least one outside program each year to see how they do things and Bo consults with several NFL guys as well as other defensive coordinators on "the cutting edge" to talk shop about defense. I would guess he takes a fair share of calls from other coaches as well. That doesn't bother me not having an outside guy like Zook or Stoops. Bo is regarded at one of the top 2 minds on defense in college and is also highly regarded in NFL circles. Remember Monte Kiffin recommended him despite not having worked side by side but from reputation only.

I don't know John Papuchis from a hole in the ground but, if the way our D Line played this year is any reflection of how he coaches, then I think he should not only NOT be the next DC but should be removed from D Line coaching as well. It's possible that our problems have just been players or scheme but something needs to change for the better in that area. Now if he is DC in name only and Bo calls the shots, then that might work. Regardless we need to do something way different with the D line in the future, preferebly within the next month.