DC Candidates?

For what it's worth, I got an email about a rumor Mike Stoops will replace Carl. While I highly doubt this to be true, I guess stranger things have happened. The email also stated Ron Brown was retiring. Anyone else heard this?

He's 55, but I don't see him retiring yet.

Possible he may expand on the good publicity he got from the pregame prayer at Penn State and work full-time nationally on his ministry work.

A few other names to throw into the WAG for AD mix: Ron Vanderlinden of Penn State. Tim DeRuyter of aTm. Jim Heacock of Ohio State. Vic Koenning from Illinois.

This is my wild assed guess that I mentioned in another thread a while back. Some tOSU fan pointed out that Heacock is likely to retire rather than taken another DC job. So he's probably not a possibility.

Do I know that these guys are getting a look? No. But they are all DC candidates. And all will soon be looking for a new gig, most likely. That makes them more likely than most of the guesses I've seen on this board in the past week.

Right school. Wrong guy. At least thats one contact.

A few other names to throw into the WAG for AD mix: Ron Vanderlinden of Penn State. Tim DeRuyter of aTm. Jim Heacock of Ohio State. Vic Koenning from Illinois.

This is my wild assed guess that I mentioned in another thread a while back. Some tOSU fan pointed out that Heacock is likely to retire rather than taken another DC job. So he's probably not a possibility.

Do I know that these guys are getting a look? No. But they are all DC candidates. And all will soon be looking for a new gig, most likely. That makes them more likely than most of the guesses I've seen on this board in the past week.

Larry Johnson Sr has had his named throwin out there. Especially with the recruitment of Jamil Pollard becoming public.

• Fire 1

For what it's worth, I got an email about a rumor Mike Stoops will replace Carl. While I highly doubt this to be true, I guess stranger things have happened. The email also stated Ron Brown was retiring. Anyone else heard this?

He's 55, but I don't see him retiring yet.

Possible he may expand on the good publicity he got from the pregame prayer at Penn State and work full-time nationally on his ministry work.

It also said Cotton was taking a job within the athletic department which I don't see as breaking news as it's been rumored much of the season. It also had Carl going to FSU which again isn't newsbreaking. I guess we'll have to wait and see if Mike Stoops is announced DC and Ron Brown retires.

Larry Johnson Sr has had his named throwin out there. Especially with the recruitment of Jamil Pollard becoming public.

Right school, wrong guy? I don't get it. Are you saying Vanderlinden is not from PSU (he is). Or are you saying there's someone else at PSU who we'd take before him?

Right school, wrong guy? I don't get it. Are you saying Vanderlinden is not from PSU (he is). Or are you saying there's someone else at PSU who we'd take before him?

Someone else before him. See speed's post above yours.

Someone else before him. See speed's post above yours.

Ahhhh. Thanks. LINK

Why does Ekeler's name keep popping up? No way in hell. There's a better chance that monkeys will come flying out of Lil Red's butt than for that to happen.

Why? He is a great coach.

He should have used those great coaching skills to mold more than 1 or 2 good linebackers his entire time here.

One reason Ek left is I don't think him and Bo completely saw eye to eye. Alot of people think Bo coaches DBs, but he is actually a LB coach. I think Ek got drilled alot when the LBs weren't playing well.

Also, Larry Johnson Sr. is an intriguing name coming around. Highly regarded defensive coach, and I believe maybe even more important, a VERY GOOD RECRUITER. Bring him in as a Dline coach and let him out on the trail grabbing PSU recruits!!!!