Is it me or...

why would teh national championship game be a good indicator? its sec vs. sec. actually id say us vs. SC will be a better litmus test to this idea that SEC teams are on par with the NFL (an exaggeration of the way everyone acts, I know).

SC is +/- the 5th best team in the SEC and the other game has the top 2...therefor, more talent.

All these polls and lists are totally subjective as it's people that are picking them. The SEC has a sweet deal with ESPN, which gets the teams a lot of exposure, so a lot of people who make these lists see our players.

Maybe someday someone will make the BCS of All American lists and have computers factor in strength of schedule, stats and other measures. Jeremy Grove, LB from ecu, had crazy stats this season, which were much better than other guys on the AP All American list. Although he did get on a couple All Freshman All American Lists.

why would teh national championship game be a good indicator? its sec vs. sec. actually id say us vs. SC will be a better litmus test to this idea that SEC teams are on par with the NFL (an exaggeration of the way everyone acts, I know).

SC is +/- the 5th best team in the SEC and the other game has the top 2...therefor, more talent.

I would actual have to say that KSU vs Ark will be the best indicator. KSU does not have very much talent, but plays solid as a team. I really think that KSU is not very good, but if they make it a game at the Cotton Bowl vs Arkansas, you would have to believe that the SEC is over hyped.

I really don't feel like you can call this years Champion a National Champion. After the way Okie Lite handled Oklahoma they sould have been put into the title game.

I would actual have to say that KSU vs Ark will be the best indicator. KSU does not have very much talent, but plays solid as a team. I really think that KSU is not very good, but if they make it a game at the Cotton Bowl vs Arkansas, you would have to believe that the SEC is over hyped.

I really don't feel like you can call this years Champion a National Champion. After the way Okie Lite handled Oklahoma they sould have been put into the title game.

Well.... I'm guessing that if LSU wins... not only will they be hailed as legitimate NC's --- they will likely be heralded as the best of all time. We, especially as Husker fans (in view of 71 and 95 Huskers) want none of that... lets all yell "Roll Tide"

Well.... I'm guessing that if LSU wins... not only will they be hailed as legitimate NC's --- they will likely be heralded as the best of all time. We, especially as Husker fans (in view of 71 and 95 Huskers) want none of that... lets all yell "Roll Tide"

NO NO NOOOOOOOO!! You obviously do not live in Alabama...I don't think I can put up with "14" and all the "fans" that come with it...Bama fans are very similar to Notre Dame fans believing they are the very tip top of the college football universe, nevermind the way they "won" some of those 13 previous NC's...For me, as a resident of Alabama, it's:

Geaux Tigers ALL THE WAY!!!

If Bama wins, my wife and I will not be able to be around her family for quite some time!! (slight exaggeration..SLIGHT)

I don't get the claim to the "best of all time" for LSU. Didn't Bama miss like 2-3 field goals in the game. To me, it's a "win" but takes away from the claim.

I am not saying that I think they will be the best of all time --- though I do think that, especially if they really put Bama away --- they are legitimate candidates. That said, I assure you that national pundits will hail them as best ever (or, at the very least, candidates for such). As a Husker, I'd rather that not be a possibility. Go Bama

Oklahoma State has no one to blame but themselves. They may have "handled Oklahoma" but they also lost to 6 loss Iowa State. They didn't deserve to be in the title game.

Oklahoma State has no one to blame but themselves. They may have "handled Oklahoma" but they also lost to 6 loss Iowa State. They didn't deserve to be in the title game.

This. I mean seriously. To say KSU isn't very good, then to go on how great Okie State is? KSU nearly beat Okie State. There's two teams clearly on a different playing field than the rest.

I doubt LSU will be called the best of all time. No way.