Apparently Penn State talked to Bo about HC gig

Nexus

Whatever happened to the Big 10 as this great fraternity where members didn't try to poach one another's coaches?

I ended up looking into this because it sounded right to me (it seems like the kind of unwritten rule only the Big Ten would have) but I couldn't find anything about it stated explicitly on the web. Anyway I dug through some of the coaching staffs and found one asst coach at UW who was poached from Minny and a coordinator at Iowa who was also poached, after that I kind of gave up because we clearly don't have such a rule.

Maybe its a good thing though because poaching would at least keep talent within the conference. The SEC does it a lot, how many of their HC's alone were poached? I can think of three....

Not since 97

What will your opinion of Bo be if we beat South Carolina?

It really depends but I will let you know, for Bo to pull off a miracle win against SEC speed would take a serious miracle, This aint the weak Big XII and Big Ten we're dealing with. I expect them to crush us in the 56-3 range if we're lucky. If we keep it anywhere inside 30 points I may throw him a prop or two. Spurriers joining the ranks of coaches that are well past their prime

I had to read this a couple times, and couldn't stop laughing.

Benard has made his triumphant comeback....

2-2 the past 4 go's but they haven't played in three years and it doesn't have much to do with the UNL-USC game. UNL is not your typical Big Ten team and USC isn't your typical SEC team.

Really? whats a typical Big Ten team? And a typical SEC team? I'm actually excited about this responce

Im still waiting, my guess is you don't want to touch this with a 100' pole since your entire program has tried to emulate Nebraska for decades

I'm sorry what?

I didn't see your post but now I don't see much of a point in responding to it because you've proven it doesn't matter when others make sense, you'd rather live in your own world. For example, my entire program has tried to emulate Nebraska for decades? I claim two programs, USC and UW. USC, which has more to do with this discussion than UW does, owes Nebraska absolutely nothing as far as football heritage goes. UW, which I still don't understand why you brought into the conversation of a matchup between NU and USC has not been trying to emulate NU for decades. Barry, was influenced by NU sure and he's said as much but the idea that Wisconsin is some counterfeit copy of some mythical all-powerful NU team is absolute poppycock. We owe NU nothing. UW is far superior to NU in everything but nostalgic memories of gridiron games in some cob-webbed technicolor past. I've already discussed this at length in other threads and that line of thought is exhaustive...you're only trying to bait me.

You're f'ing kidding me right? So when you lose in Lincoln next fall are you still going to be far superior to NU in everything but nostalgic memories of gridiron games in some cob-webbed technicolor past? Get real. You don't have Wilson, you don't make the Rose Bowl (which by the way we Husker fans have been mocking for decades). While you Big10 teams played some sh#t Pac10 team there, we were busy playing actual good teams from the southeast. I knew you were delusional when you inferred that Monte Ball was one of the greatest college RBs ever(I could probably pick 10 RBs from the past decade that I'd rather have on my team), but I still can't believe you would make such a moronic statement.

2-2 the past 4 go's but they haven't played in three years and it doesn't have much to do with the UNL-USC game. UNL is not your typical Big Ten team and USC isn't your typical SEC team.

Really? whats a typical Big Ten team? And a typical SEC team? I'm actually excited about this responce

Im still waiting, my guess is you don't want to touch this with a 100' pole since your entire program has tried to emulate Nebraska for decades

I'm sorry what?

I didn't see your post but now I don't see much of a point in responding to it because you've proven it doesn't matter when others make sense, you'd rather live in your own world. For example, my entire program has tried to emulate Nebraska for decades? I claim two programs, USC and UW. USC, which has more to do with this discussion than UW does, owes Nebraska absolutely nothing as far as football heritage goes. UW, which I still don't understand why you brought into the conversation of a matchup between NU and USC has not been trying to emulate NU for decades. Barry, was influenced by NU sure and he's said as much but the idea that Wisconsin is some counterfeit copy of some mythical all-powerful NU team is absolute poppycock. We owe NU nothing. UW is far superior to NU in everything but nostalgic memories of gridiron games in some cob-webbed technicolor past. I've already discussed this at length in other threads and that line of thought is exhaustive...you're only trying to bait me.

You're f'ing kidding me right? So when you lose in Lincoln next fall are you still going to be far superior to NU in everything but nostalgic memories of gridiron games in some cob-webbed technicolor past? Get real. You don't have Wilson, you don't make the Rose Bowl (which by the way we Husker fans have been mocking for decades). While you Big10 teams played some sh#t Pac10 team there, we were busy playing actual good teams from the southeast. I knew you were delusional when you inferred that Monte Ball was one of the greatest college RBs ever(I could probably pick 10 RBs from the past decade that I'd rather have on my team), but I still can't believe you would make such a moronic statement.

You have to admit, though, that most Nebraska fans would prefer to be B1G champs and in the Rose Bowl rather than not even being division champs and going to the bowl we are going to. And that's not a slight against South Carolina nor our bowl game, but I think it's true.

And Monte Ball is not one of the greatest college backs ever, nor would he be on my top 10 list, but Badgerfan is going to be slighted towards him for obvious reasons.