Wisconsin's Chryst to Pitt

HuskerShark

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7378440/pittsburgh-panthers-make-wisconsin-badgers-paul-chryst-coach

Looks like Wisconsin's offensive coordinator is headed to Pitt to take the head coaching job there.

You know what this means? We don't have to play against his offenses any more! He showed this year against us that he is a very good offensive mind, so good for him getting this coaching gig.

Anybody know if he will coach during the Rose Bowl? Badgerfan? Eh?

Ok, I should amend what I've said. I'm not "happy" that he's leaving. He was a great asset to the program but at times, especially in big games it seemed like he overthought things and tried to change up the formula too much. Last year's Rose Bowl was a painful reminder of that for me and I wanted to see him leave at the end of that game when there were rumors he was going to bail for other offers. That said, now that he's gone one has to be a little concerned about our offense because he did engineer some great teams.

But then again we lost a great DC last year to NIU and turned out alright so maybe we make a solid hire and come through just fine...its not like our offense is mind-bogingly difficult to coordinate...run pass run run run run pass run run run run play-action dump off pass to RB run TD.

The thing is, I don't know who we go out and get...who's available OC wise? People from every school throw Stoops' name out for any DC job but as far as OC's go I haven't heard much....

Anyhow, at least now we have yet another excuse for what will, more than likely, be a relatively flat year on offense, a flat year that thanks to the NCAA will still probably lead to at least a 50-50 shot to get to Indy between us and Penn State. Thank you Mr. Pryor!

Ok, I should amend what I've said. I'm not "happy" that he's leaving. He was a great asset to the program but at times, especially in big games it seemed like he overthought things and tried to change up the formula too much. Last year's Rose Bowl was a painful reminder of that for me and I wanted to see him leave at the end of that game when there were rumors he was going to bail for other offers. That said, now that he's gone one has to be a little concerned about our offense because he did engineer some great teams.

But then again we lost a great DC last year to NIU and turned out alright so maybe we make a solid hire and come through just fine...its not like our offense is mind-bogingly difficult to coordinate...run pass run run run run pass run run run run play-action dump off pass to RB run TD.

The thing is, I don't know who we go out and get...who's available OC wise? People from every school throw Stoops' name out for any DC job but as far as OC's go I haven't heard much....

Anyhow, at least now we have yet another excuse for what will, more than likely, be a relatively flat year on offense, a flat year that thanks to the NCAA will still probably lead to at least a 50-50 shot to get to Indy between us and Penn State. Thank you Mr. Pryor!

Promote from within, man...it's all the rage!! :D

That or hire Shawn Watson

Wonder if this hire saved Pedey's ass or if he's still good as gone? Me thinks the latter.

Apparently most boosters wanted Mario Cristobal, but got Chryst instead. Not sure of the details behind the whole thing as I didn't follow it closely, but for whatever reason, Pitt didn't get their first or second choice, with Paul Rhoads being their first choice and Cristobal their second. How that impacts Pederson's handling of the hiring process is yet to be determined. However I can't imagine Pitt being too happy with Pederson, dating back to when he fired Wanny last year.

Wonder if this hire saved Pedey's ass or if he's still good as gone? Me thinks the latter.

I'd say his fate is tethered to that of the Big East more than anything else--has anyone heard *anything* about Pedey beating the drums for Pitt to be picked up by another conference? Anything?

Sure, the Big East is around for now in its Frankenstein state, but when (not if, IMO) it collapses, and Pitt doesn't have a suitable home, they will promptly forget about all of the basketball gains he made for that school and kick him out post-haste.

That or hire Shawn Watson

You have no idea how epic that would be!

Jim Bollman's available.

LOL....although with the type of size Wisconsin normally recruits, Dave may actually work awesome for them.