How will Nebraska fare next year.

10-2 regular season:

Southern Miss-W

UCLA-W

Arkansas Statte-W

TBA- no idea who its gonna be, but its a W anyways ;)

Wisconsin-W

Ohio State-L

Northwestern-W

Michigan-L

Michigan State-W

Penn State-W

Minnesota-W

Iowa-W

Michigan plays for the B1G CG, we get a at-large birth for a BCS game :woo

I'm curious as to why many think we're going to lose to Ohio State next year? Is it because they will retain their quarterback? Is it because people are convinced that Urban Meyer will go in, wave his magic wand and Ohio State will be #1 immediately? Just curious to understand the criterion that folks are using to secure this loss for us.

No, I think it is because they have an ideal QB for his system and his is the best coach in the B10. He was not at Florida very long and he won a NC with Chris Leak. B Miller is better than C Leak imo. tOSU was good on defense, but had a terrible offense, which will be fixed. An elite coach turns around a team quickly. Look what Hoke did in Michigan and Urban is much better than him and has talent that fits his system more than what Hoke inherited. I hope they suck, but I don't think that will happen.

I think we lose 1 to 2 games next year....I was correct about our losses this year (I predicted 3 to 4 losses) before the season started. Next year's team will go to the BIG10 championship game or will slide into a BCS bowl game bid.....count on it!

this team lost 3 REALLY GOOD players on defense........no way do we improve......i predicted 4 losses this season, i expect 5 losses next season, especially after listening to Corey Raymond's comments.......

I agree with you that we are losing 3 good players. I'm assuming (and I could be wrong) that you are talking about Crick/Dennard and David. Who was there before them? Suh/Cortney Grixby/Zach Bowman/Armando Murillo/Phillip Dillard. I'll bet if we looked back a couple of years ago, people were probably saying how we wouldn't win another game without them. But we have. Why not wait until we see who steps up next year to fill those positions. We may be surprised. A lot can happen between now and next Spring. GO BIG RED!!

Exactly!! The players that are graduating were Bo's first batch of recruits plus a JuCo. The recruiting classes hopefully have gotten better each year. Maybe this is me hoping, but I can definitely see Todd Peat, Kevin Williams, Zaire Anderson, Mo Seisay, David Santos, Quanzell Lambert, Michael Rose, Alonzo Whaley, Corey Cooper, PJ Smith, and Courtney Osborne maturing and filling the voids left behind by our graduating seniors.

If our defense isn't better next year than it was this year, I will be severely disappointed.

For some outside perspective.............(since the inhabitants of this board are all pretty frustrated right now with the lingering images of the bowl game still fresh)...............

I heard today on the Zone (haven't checked it out, but THEY were saying...........) that Vegas has us at 30-1 to win the Mythical National Championship.............which is second only to Michigan in the B!G.......!!

Now I'm not running out to bet the mortgage on it, but obviously outsiders (who may have more of an objective view than we do)............think we will be pretty decent.....

It should be noted we were 18-1 odds coming into this season. The odds are worse by their measure for next year, it seems. Not that Vegas should really factor into a reasoned assesment.

10-2 regular season:

Southern Miss-W

UCLA-W

Arkansas Statte-W

TBA- no idea who its gonna be, but its a W anyways ;)

Wisconsin-W

Ohio State-L

Northwestern-W

Michigan-L

Michigan State-W

Penn State-W

Minnesota-W

Iowa-W

Michigan plays for the B1G CG, we get a at-large birth for a BCS game :woo

I'm curious as to why many think we're going to lose to Ohio State next year? Is it because they will retain their quarterback? Is it because people are convinced that Urban Meyer will go in, wave his magic wand and Ohio State will be #1 immediately? Just curious to understand the criterion that folks are using to secure this loss for us.

You know what, never mind we'll beat ohio state :power

For some outside perspective.............(since the inhabitants of this board are all pretty frustrated right now with the lingering images of the bowl game still fresh)...............

I heard today on the Zone (haven't checked it out, but THEY were saying...........) that Vegas has us at 30-1 to win the Mythical National Championship.............which is second only to Michigan in the B!G.......!!

Now I'm not running out to bet the mortgage on it, but obviously outsiders (who may have more of an objective view than we do)............think we will be pretty decent.....

They said K-State was 25 to 1...better odds than us...fail.

fail?? So when did the mildcats move to the B!G ??

It should be noted we were 18-1 odds coming into this season. The odds are worse by their measure for next year, it seems. Not that Vegas should really factor into a reasoned assesment.

Wasn't comparing last year to this year, only noting that (compared to some of the "sky is falling" comments) Vegas gives us a modicum of respect in comparison to our B!G brethren......

I think we lose 1 to 2 games next year....I was correct about our losses this year (I predicted 3 to 4 losses) before the season started. Next year's team will go to the BIG10 championship game or will slide into a BCS bowl game bid.....count on it!

this team lost 3 REALLY GOOD players on defense........no way do we improve......i predicted 4 losses this season, i expect 5 losses next season, especially after listening to Corey Raymond's comments.......

And the other teams don't lose players?

It looks like the pessimists think we'll be a .500 team next year and if the injury bug hits hard we could be. We have some good athletes returning but we won't be deep with experience at any position....especially QB. The optimists think we'll play for the BCS championship. We'll probably fall somewhere in the middle in my opinion. Two key areas we will need to improve are defensive line (espec D ends) and Qb. While Taylor continues to improve I have never felt he is "The One" (Matrix reference).

And the other teams don't lose players?

Not in "the Bo Pelini sucks land" where only he has issues as a head coach.

11-1 or 10-2 regular season. Martinez looked good in that last game, compared to what he was earlier in the season. Passing was good, and his running speed seemed to be back. Offense should be fine next year, if we can just stop shooting our selves in the foot. Liked the defense in the last game, till the the wheels fell off again. Bone head mistakes that CAN be fixed, is what is keeping this team back. Of course having our receivers catch the ones that hit them in the hands, helps the defense also. Cut down on 60% of those mental lapses on both side of the ball, will get the Huskers in to the B1G title game. The players are already in the program, just need to take that next step in execution and concentration. IMO

GBR!!!

National championships can be won by non B1G teams, and actually almost always are. I was pointing out that a small school in the middle of Kansas coached by an old grandpa is more favored by Vegas to win a NC than we are....FAIL.

National championships can be won by non B1G teams, and actually almost always are. I was pointing out that a small school in the middle of Kansas coached by an old grandpa is more favored by Vegas to win a NC than we are....FAIL.

I understand that............I was only pointing out that WITHIN the B!G, we have the 2nd best odds according to outsiders................ergo................we must not be as bad as some suggest..............

Some of you guys are giving faaaar too much credit to Michigan. The media have a Notre Dame-style boner for them (every year is the return to glory), I would NOT pencil a home game against UM as a loss. Their most impressive Big Ten win this past year was you guys, other than that they beat 6-6 OSU, 6-6 Purdue, 3-9 Minnesota, 6-6 Northwestern, 6-6 Illinois. And then a weird bowl win over an ACC team that got blown out twice by a team that lost by 40 to West Virginia.

Yeah.

I see you guys going anywhere from 11-1 to 9-3, with possible losses @Iowa, @OSU, @MSU, with @MSU probably being the toughest test since both Iowa and OSU are having some problems right now.

No sarcasm needed.

But with the way the B1G is shaping up and with who we have returning. Lets look at the positive.

Martinez is in year 3 with the system and from year one he has improved dramatically.

Burkhead will be back

Maher will be as well.

Feel free to add your own.

How has Martinez improved dramtically since year one? His passing numbers are worse than last year and he is not the explosive running threat that he was last year. I don't know how anyone can think this team will get to the next level with him under center.. Won't happen.

Amen! We need a quarterback period