If you could change just 1 thing at nebraska in 2012.....

you only get 1 wish.

I posted this deep in another thread and have been thinking about this for some time now....i guess if enough people have seen it, it will quickly fall off the page.......but anyway......If I could change 1 thing over the next year it would be the following:

I think a lot of problems with the program right now are mental --not athletes, not coaching--mental. we have good athletes, good enough staff and coaches, good facilities. as a program, good enough to stay top 10-15 consistently. we execute very well at times which shows what is possible(even maybe normal), and then predictably melt down when a slight headwind comes along which exposes mental weakness.

I wonder (even dream)what it would be like if Tom and Bo decided to fix just one thing in the offseason. that one thing would be the mental makeup and mental response of the program to everything from top to bottom.......how bo handles the press, how he handles the fans, how the team/Bo views and deals with adversity. if his team had the mental makeup of TO's teams...not the athletes, just the mentality, i think we win a couple of big 12 championships, we beat NW, play closer with Wisky this past season(they probably still beat us as they are a good football team, but dont beat us near as bad), play closer and very possibly beat Michigan, and play closer and very possibly beat SC(in a better bowl). maybe we are 11-2 and looking at a top 12 ranking, played in a B1G championship, and in a bcs bowl. easier recruiting and better offseason....instead we may be out of the top 25 and are becoming much more nervous about our future...

Maybe just fixing one thing...and its a tall order...would fix a lot of things.

ok, back from laying on my back staring into the sky just dreaming the day away...

.....but thats what i would do...

what would you do?

Great topic, but have a feeling it is going to go the direction many of the threads do. Never the less I want to see the swagger back on defense, I want to see our defense flying around and emotionally playing like they use to. I would rather see 11 guys playing fast and full of emotion then 11 guys who are technically sound and trying to keep everything in front of them. Just think what we could do with a defense like that, I have confidence in our Offense.

Consistent execution. It's only one thing but would solve a myriad (maybe all) of our problems. No more 1 or 2 quarter efforts. No more mistakes on the O line leading to 3rd and long situations. No more dropped passes. No more blown Hail Mary coverages. I know, it's probably not the type of 1 thing you intended but, that's what it would be for me.

I wish the O-line would play angry. It seems like the receivers take more pride in getting pancakes than the line does. Decent talent so far but I would love to see us be able to ram it down some poor teams throat. When they have the momentum nothing kills it like a nice 15 play drive for 70 yards and a few points. When the defense puts 9 in the box and your running back still goes untouched for 2-3 yards you can run whatever you want all day long and look like a genius. But that only happens if the o-line has a chip on its shoulder. Fixing the defense(read aggressiveness) would be nice but without better o-line play they are still on the field 70% of the game. I will go to my grave believing that we wasted 2009 and the best defense in decades for that very reason.

Pipeline!

• Fire 1