Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

7 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Halfway through the 2nd episode. These are bizarre people.

So far all I've decided is that these private zoos need to be abolished. No person should have 227 tigers on a random plot of land in America.

Also, I had no idea where GW Animal Foundation is - we drove right past it on our way to Dallas a few years ago.

I got an update from a local news app yesterday saying that 42 of the animals at our local animal sanctuary came from Joe: 

https://www.wildanimalsanctuary.org/

^^This place is in Keenesburg, CO 

I can't bring myself to hop on board the hype train with Tiger King. The GF is currently making her way through it. And we're watching the Marvel movies together chronologically. Just finished Age of Ultron last night.

We finally finished Sons of Anarchy a week or two ago. What a bloody brilliant ride that was.

So what should be next for me?

Some options I'm interested in in no particular order:

• Hunters (New Prime series w/ DeNiro about hunting down Nazis)
  • Jack Ryan
  • The Americans
  • Mad Men
  • Better Call Saul
  • The Wire
  • Sopranos
  • Black Mirror
  • The West Wing
  • Designated Survivor
  • House of Cards
  • The Newsroom

Or maybe I could just go back to watching Mr. Robot.

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I'm two or three episodes into it and frankly it just makes me feel dirty watching it. These are gross people. All of them.

It's like watching a trainwreck involving multiple trains and they all suck

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Danny Bateman said:

Trainwreck in slow motion is the exact analogy I used with her a minute ago :lol:

& @knapplc

I held off on watching it too because it just seemed like stupid nonsense TV. But I got hooked because of just how bizarre all these people are. I don't condone anything they're doing, but it's still fascinating to watch for some reason 

BTW, some of Joe's old Joe Exotic TV videos are still on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/user/JoeExoticTV

2 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

I can't bring myself to hop on board the hype train with Tiger King. The GF is currently making her way through it. And we're watching the Marvel movies together chronologically. Just finished Age of Ultron last night.

We finally finished Sons of Anarchy a week or two ago. What a bloody brilliant ride that was.

• Jack Ryan
  • The Americans
  • Mad Men
  • Better Call Saul
  • The Wire
  • Sopranos
  • Black Mirror
  • The West Wing
  • Designated Survivor
  • House of Cards
  • The Newsroom

The wire is worth the watch.  Jack Ryan season 1 was better than season 2 IMHO.  Still entertaining.  I heard The Americans is very good...

• Thanks 1
On 3/28/2020 at 7:02 AM, NUance said:

No time for Tiger King.  I've been on a Covid-19 lockdown binge of Ozark.  The first season was blah.  But the 2nd and 3rd seasons are awesome!

Yeah, Ozark just keeps getting better and better. I thought s1 was really solid, in fact good enough that I expected future seasons to taper off severely, but no. Really, for me, it’s entering Breaking Bad-Game of Thrones-Sopranos territory. I can’t give it a better review than that. It is a little depressing and dark though with very few feel good moments. The whole show feels like Silvio “just when I thought I was out....they pull me back in.”

• Plus1 1

21 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

• Jack Ryan 
  • The Americans
  • Mad Men
  • Better Call Saul
  • The Wire
  • Sopranos
  • Black Mirror
  • The West Wing
  • Designated Survivor
  • House of Cards
  • The Newsroom

• Jack Ryan - Good to great; Krasinski is pretty good in the role. 
  • The Americans - Haven't seen it, but heard fantastic things. 
  • Mad Men - The first 3 or so seasons a good; the rest is overrated to me. 
  • Better Call Saul - Great, great show. Tonally different than Breaking Bad, but still really good. 
  • The Wire - The best TV show of all time. You have to watch this at some point. 
  • Sopranos - One of my holes; I haven't seen it. 
  • The West Wing - I love this show; the first 4 seasons are utterly fantastic. 5 and half of 6 are meandering, but 7 is a return to form.
  • House of Cards - Season 1 is good; don't bother with the rest.
  • The Newsroom - Season 1 is decent; don't bother with the rest. 
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

I was able to watch a few more minutes of episode three of Tiger King last night, and it was enough to convince me that I'm done.

I don't care what these people do the rest of this series. I don't want any of them on my screen anymore. Gross.

It's really a trashier, redneckier version of Making a Murderer. There's really no one to root for, but I was entertained throughout. 

• Plus1 1
24 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

It's really a trashier, redneckier version of Making a Murderer. There's really no one to root for, but I was entertained throughout. 

Thanks for the advice above! pretty funny that you compared it to MaM because I told the GF yesterday I've just never been one to follow the herd watching uber-popular shows it seems like everyone is into and that's the show I compared this to as well.

• Fire 1
On 4/1/2020 at 12:42 PM, knapplc said:

I'm two or three episodes into it and frankly it just makes me feel dirty watching it. These are gross people. All of them.

On 4/1/2020 at 12:59 PM, GSG said:

It's like watching a trainwreck involving multiple trains and they all suck

On 4/1/2020 at 1:01 PM, Danny Bateman said:

Trainwreck in slow motion is the exact analogy I used with her a minute ago :lol:

I have to concur. I don't know how I made it all the way through the whole series but I did. I wanted to quit watching every step of the way but I guess there was just enough of the "you can't believe how gross/depraved/criminal some people are" to get me through it. Usually in any show you'll find at least one person who you like or seems reasonable or that you can relate to. Not in Tiger King, you won't. I can't recommend that anyone should watch it.

• Plus1 1