Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Looking forward to the upcoming Ozark and Billions seasons.   

Also sounds like the GOT prequel is gonna be pretty amazing stuff.

Yes to Ozark.  I'll be curious to see what Billions looks like with Axe no longer in the picture.  It was weird, I really like Corey Stoll, the guy who played Mike Prince (he was awesome on House of Cards) he just didn't really resonate with me when he joined the show.  It could be that I think Billions has jumped the shark and it's really hard to keep a show fresh.  I mean, the writing is getting ridiculous with so many pop culture references.  That being said, if they keep giving me Wags, I'll keep watching.

14 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

Oh wow, yeah first time watching it?  I caught it when it originally came out.  Dark.  Very dark.  Great performances by all, especially Paul Dano.

I almost feel like they didn't use/show Dano enough but when you see how it ends it makes sense.

I had never heard of the movie until the other day.

43 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I almost feel like they didn't use/show Dano enough but when you see how it ends it makes sense.

I had never heard of the movie until the other day.

Gotcha, hey, better late than never!  I should fire it up for a rewatch but man, it's such a heavy movie that I really need to be in the right headspace to enjoy it.  Now thinking back about it, Gyllenhaal is also really good in it (Jackman is too, but that goes without saying.) 

3 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

Gotcha, hey, better late than never!  I should fire it up for a rewatch but man, it's such a heavy movie that I really need to be in the right headspace to enjoy it.  Now thinking back about it, Gyllenhaal is also really good in it (Jackman is too, but that goes without saying.) 

I think because the movie is so dark and because it was NC-17 originally, that it got snubbed come Oscar time.

Oscar voters seem to only like "dark' if it is based off a war or something like that. 

• Plus1 1

Season 4 Cobra Kai thoughts @teachercd

Spoiler

Compared to the other seasons this was easily the worst one.  I can't help but mention how unlikable LaRusso's kids are, the younger kid is a jerk and the daughter is obviously not athletic at all.  I mean, come on, on what planet is she making the finals of the All Valley?  Now, LaRusso's wife is terrific and she is the lone bright spot.  I'm just bummed out to see the show moving away from what is the best part which is Johnny's relationship with Miguel.  It was funny seeing Terry Silver come back and he looks awesome for someone in their 60s and still moves really well.  I don't like seeing Kreese being cast as a good guy, he's awesome as a villain, just stick with that.  That kid who plays Kenny was superb!  Awesome seeing the heel turn by him at the end.

3 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

Season 4 Cobra Kai thoughts @teachercd

Hide contents

Compared to the other seasons this was easily the worst one.  I can't help but mention how unlikable LaRusso's kids are, the younger kid is a jerk and the daughter is obviously not athletic at all.  I mean, come on, on what planet is she making the finals of the All Valley?  Now, LaRusso's wife is terrific and she is the lone bright spot.  I'm just bummed out to see the show moving away from what is the best part which is Johnny's relationship with Miguel.  It was funny seeing Terry Silver come back and he looks awesome for someone in their 60s and still moves really well.  I don't like seeing Kreese being cast as a good guy, he's awesome as a villain, just stick with that.  That kid who plays Kenny was superb!  Awesome seeing the heel turn by him at the end.

So I thought season 3 was the worst.

I think they are trying to make Danny less likeable and Johnny moree likeable.  All the kid scenes are lame but I think that has more to do with the fact that we are fans of Dan and John, that is what we love and have loved.

Danny still living his life by the teachings of a dead guy is getting a little old.  

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

I think they are trying to make Danny less likeable and Johnny moree likeable.  All the kid scenes are lame but I think that has more to do with the fact that we are fans of Dan and John, that is what we love and have loved.

Danny still living his life by the teachings of a dead guy is getting a little old.  

Is Barney Stinson running the show?

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, teachercd said:

14 hours ago, teachercd said:

Whoops, double quote.  I dug Season 3, I liked to throwback to the Okinawa plotline and I love Elisabeth Shue so it was great seeing Ali back.  The last episode was so preposterous though.  I mean fighting in the house of all places?  Ridiculous. 

10 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

Whoops, double quote.  I dug Season 3, I liked to throwback to the Okinawa plotline and I love Elisabeth Shue so it was great seeing Ali back.  The last episode was so preposterous though.  I mean fighting in the house of all places?  Ridiculous. 

Yeah, that fight scene was so lame.

I do wish Ali was back for good, I am guessing she did not want to have a big part because that would clearly be a big draw to have her back on the show.  

• Plus1 1