For any fitness fanatics on this message board

Like non-stop or just more often? I just started at my new job a couple weeks ago and I don't want to be known as "the guy that sh*ts all the time" :)

The website say to take 1 tablespoon once a day. For about the first 2 weeks, I always recommended to start with a half of a table spoon. It will probably make you go 2-3 times a day. It shouldn't be diarrhea or anything, just obviously cleaning you out. It's great stuff. Truly fascinating IMO.

I was reading a lot of the testimonials on the site. Sounds like a damn-near cure-all.

I'll probably give it a go.

A girl I worked with was doing some 30-day cleanse from AdvoCare. It was like $200, all chemicals, and she only lost 5 pounds. Didn't seem like much bang for your buck. I'm not expecting some weight-loss miracle, but I think it might be good to clean myself out and start eating healthier.

Yeah, Advocare is a pile of dog crap from everything I have heard about it. DE is a pretty incredible product. From working 2 summers packaging that stuff, shipping it off, and answering phone calls and emails from people, I heard some pretty amazing things. If somebody wants proof that God exists, this is it. :lol: But that's for another discussion.

I love the commercials for "Physician-directed High Tech Weight Loss" on 1620 The Zone.

"None of that Nutrisystem funny business (where you, you know, consume less calories) ...No, we are a LEGIT weight loss program. We're a prescription skin cream...."

LOL. Yeah, not gimmicky at all. Anyone turning to this program is a moron.

Also Crossfit and P90X and similar things are incredibly commercialized, overmarketed ways to get people to spend money on fitness sh#t that they could easily be getting/doing for free (or is completely unnecessary. Just...no. Stay the f#*k away.

Also Crossfit and P90X and similar things are incredibly commercialized, overmarketed ways to get people to spend money on fitness sh#t that they could easily be getting/doing for free (or is completely unnecessary. Just...no. Stay the f#*k away.

Agreed. There's nothing wrong with following the concept, but you don't need to drop $---'s of dollars for it.

A girl I worked with was doing some 30-day cleanse from AdvoCare. It was like $200, all chemicals, and she only lost 5 pounds. Didn't seem like much bang for your buck. I'm not expecting some weight-loss miracle, but I think it might be good to clean myself out and start eating healthier.

Chances are she was taking a $200 diuretic, which does nothing but pump more water through your kidneys, which dehydrates you. So I have no doubt she lost 5 pounds.

Gimmicks like 7-minute workouts, or 30-minute workouts twice a week are a big problem IMO. People have a hard time grasping the fact that in order to truly live a healthy lifestyle and appear that you live a healthy lifestyle, you have to make a commitment to being active and eating right.

4 years ago when I cut pop from my diet, the weight started falling off. I'm to the point now where I maybe drink a pop once a month when I get a craving for it, but other than that, it's milk and water.

Somewhere around 10-15 years ago I stopped drinking pop. I felt incredibly better. Now, I have absolutely no desire to drink it. It just tastes like syrup now to me. BLAAAA......I will guarantee anyone who drinks a lot of pop will feel better if they quit doing so.

Honestly, have studied nutrition a ton and I have never understood the entire detox stuff. I don't understand the antioxidant stuff either. They both seem like a bunch of rubbish to me.

Gimmicks like 7-minute workouts, or 30-minute workouts twice a week are a big problem IMO. People have a hard time grasping the fact that in order to truly live a healthy lifestyle and appear that you live a healthy lifestyle, you have to make a commitment to being active and eating right.

4 years ago when I cut pop from my diet, the weight started falling off. I'm to the point now where I maybe drink a pop once a month when I get a craving for it, but other than that, it's milk and water.

Somewhere around 10-15 years ago I stopped drinking pop. I felt incredibly better. Now, I have absolutely no desire to drink it. It just tastes like syrup now to me. BLAAAA......I will guarantee anyone who drinks a lot of pop will feel better if they quit doing so.

Honestly, have studied nutrition a ton and I have never understood the entire detox stuff. I don't understand the antioxidant stuff either. They both seem like a bunch of rubbish to me.

Try eating blueberries and taking an antioxidant supplement for a year. Look in the mirror and then look at your friends and notice how much more they have aged than you have over that span of time.

Crossfit + Olympic Lifts + Sprints + Body weight Exercises

End thread

Do you actually do crossfit?

This is pretty much what I do without the Olympic lifts right now b/c I workout at home. If anyone needs any help with anything, ya can hit me up. I do happen to have a Major in Exercise Science and Physical Therapist Assistant degree....7 years of school should do something lol. I am actually just starting back up. I took about a 3 month lay-off to let my body and mind rest from the whole fitness world.

I will say that Chaddy knows what he is talking about. He helped me get over a plateau and from there, I skyrocketed on my gains from his plan he sent me.

The Dude, if you think I'm watching a 27 minute long video, you're crazy.

You don't have to. It was just a fancy way of saying "detoxing" is bullsh#t.

Maybe the way that most people choose to "detox" is bullsh#t. But I'll basically give you my old sales pitch for DE. If you look at it under a microscope, it has kind of a honeycomb structure, and as it is working its way through your digestive system, it will use those honeycomb pores to grab all the gunk that's built up on the walls of your intestines from eating fast food, fried, food, and whatever else that we all put into our bodies, and pull it out with your waste.

DE is really some incredible stuff. There are no guarantees, but it worked for me (noticeably) and I've heard REAL testimonies from hundreds of people who have used it and seen amazing results.

One guy that came into the office one time used to have high blood pressure. He said he tried every blood pressure med on the market, and nothing worked. Then he tried DE, and within a month, his blood pressure was normal.

The Dude, if you think I'm watching a 27 minute long video, you're crazy.

You don't have to. It was just a fancy way of saying "detoxing" is bullsh#t.

Maybe the way that most people choose to "detox" is bullsh#t. But I'll basically give you my old sales pitch for DE. If you look at it under a microscope, it has kind of a honeycomb structure, and as it is working its way through your digestive system, it will use those honeycomb pores to grab all the gunk that's built up on the walls of your intestines from eating fast food, fried, food, and whatever else that we all put into our bodies, and pull it out with your waste.

DE is really some incredible stuff. There are no guarantees, but it worked for me (noticeably) and I've heard REAL testimonies from hundreds of people who have used it and seen amazing results.

One guy that came into the office one time used to have high blood pressure. He said he tried every blood pressure med on the market, and nothing worked. Then he tried DE, and within a month, his blood pressure was normal.

That might work on people who actually think their intestinal walls are "covered" with crap or junk or whatever (they're not).

I don't care about testimonials. Science or get the eff out.

. . . would be my response if you tried to pitch the product to me.

I love doing "circuit" or multiple exercises at once...esp. when I am trying to burn fat and stay lean. I also love doing multiple exercises to save time, increase my intensity, and to change some things up.

I do the same thing when I lift. It is almost a cardio-type style of weight lifting, and I feel like my muscles get more exhausted when doing it this way. Medium weight, high reps is the way to go, for me at least.

At times....esp. when I was in the gym with weights...I would go heavy on certain exercises, esp. my compound lifts...I would stay in the 6-8 rep range and I would get insane pumps, but it was very intense.

Try eating blueberries and taking an antioxidant supplement for a year. Look in the mirror and then look at your friends and notice how much more they have aged than you have over that span of time.

I am huge proponent of anti-oxidants such as berries, various fruits and veggies. The brighter the fruit...the more anti-oxidants. If you can go "organic" (meaning from a damn farmer that you know how he grows the plants), then do so.