For any fitness fanatics on this message board

I've been eating a lot of catfish since I discovered it's delicious even without being battered and fried. Plus a 2lb bag of catfish nuggets is like $5.50 at walmart. I don't dread eating it like I do tilapia, salmon, or even chicken breast.

Chicken breast? Mind blown...

I've been eating a lot of catfish since I discovered it's delicious even without being battered and fried. Plus a 2lb bag of catfish nuggets is like $5.50 at walmart. I don't dread eating it like I do tilapia, salmon, or even chicken breast.

Chicken breast? Mind blown...

Well, it's practically a fish. That kind of meat that's only barely meat.

Really? I might have to go take a look at purchasing some. I love me some CAT.

I rarely eat skinless chicken breast anymore unless I marinate it....I typically just eat chicken with the skin and all...more fat = more flavor.

Whole rotisserie chickens from whatever random deli? That's usually the way I go if I'm gonna eat chicken anymore. Kinda burned out on skinless chicken breast.

I rarely eat skinless chicken breast anymore unless I marinate it....I typically just eat chicken with the skin and all...more fat = more flavor.

Whole rotisserie chickens from whatever random deli? That's usually the way I go if I'm gonna eat chicken anymore. Kinda burned out on skinless chicken breast.

Yeah...I'll do that at times, even though I would much rather have chicken from a place that raises them properly. I am not too pickey though....I would rather eat an unhealthy chicken then go buy some crap at Rotten Ronnies or any other fast food joint.

• 3 months later...

Been awhile so I'll resurrect the thread with something I've been doing over the last few months that has helped me immensely.

I call it "the price of admission" to getting a drink at the water fountain. Luckily, one of the water fountains at my gym is directly next to the pull-up bars, dip station, and has a blank wall area adjacent. Whenever I go to get water (normally after every other set), I have to pay "the price of admission" before I can get a swig. "Admission" for the day is always either pull-ups, dips, or handstand pushups. When you think about how many times you get water during a workout, the numbers start to add up (10 pullups x 10 trips to the water fountain = 100 pullups in probably less than 2 minutes total). I've always been good at bodyweight exercises, but this is improving my ability to do these exercises very rapidly.

The best part is, even if you can only do one or two reps of any of these exercises, the sheer amount of practice that you get will force you to get better quickly. Try it out.

I've been stuck at the same weight for the past 2 or 3 months now. But I have notice better definition in my shoulder/arms and veins coming out on my biceps. Just wish I could lose the gut, that's really my only concern, but with my genetics that will probably be the last thing to go.

I've been stuck at the same weight for the past 2 or 3 months now. But I have notice better definition in my shoulder/arms and veins coming out on my biceps. Just wish I could lose the gut, that's really my only concern, but with my genetics that will probably be the last thing to go.

When I want to cut, I generally start with intermittent fasting. Has worked better than any diet I've ever been on. Last summer I was more ripped than I had ever been in my life (while still weighing a decent amount).

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2013/08/06/a-beginners-guide-to-intermittent-fasting/

• 4 months later...

I am finally able to get back in the gym after a yr long break because of multiple wrist surgeries. I didn't lose as much as I thought I would strength wise but it is still noticable. I started powerlifting with a good friend that moved back to town and hopefully will gain everything back and then some before to long.

We basically just do the 4 core lifts: Bench, Squat, Deadlift and Military Press and sprinkle in some auxillary stuff here and there. We started doing tires( loader tires) and if you guys have a chance to do it, it will really kick you ass and gives you an all around workout.

I wish my gym had tires! This will sound stupid but I also wish my gym had a "function room" where its just couches, old fridges, rolled up carpet, cinder blocks, crap like that. Things that you dread moving but that you have to move every now and then.

Going in that room and busting your ass around lifting and moving heavy odd-shaped items would be kind of a cool alternative, sometimes.

Again, like I said, its crazy...or I guess I could just move stuff around at my house.

I wish my gym had tires! This will sound stupid but I also wish my gym had a "function room" where its just couches, old fridges, rolled up carpet, cinder blocks, crap like that. Things that you dread moving but that you have to move every now and then.

Going in that room and busting your ass around lifting and moving heavy odd-shaped items would be kind of a cool alternative, sometimes.

Again, like I said, its crazy...or I guess I could just move stuff around at my house.

Sounds like a mollion dollar idea, or you could just go to the dump and move sh#t around.