For any fitness fanatics on this message board

Was doing deadlifts earlier this week and got a nice cut on my shin from the bar. Hurts in the shower : (

I've got scars on my shins, and I've only been doing them for a year. I hate wearing pants, I get too hot, and that's the only way to avoid getting cut up.

For me, deadlifting is key because it strengthens the entire back more than any of exercise, making it key for rehabilitation and injury prevention. You are only as strong as your core.

Every once in a while I'll go through a period where I will lift and I always make sure it includes squats, abs and several different specific back exercises.

For me, deadlifting is key because it strengthens the entire back more than any of exercise, making it key for rehabilitation and injury prevention. You are only as strong as your core.

You ever tried stiff legged deads for hams? Feels amazing during a leg workout.

Romanian Deadlift (RDL). Hell yeah! They are a great workout, and can really help train the "pull" in the deadlift.

Romanian Deadlift (RDL). Hell yeah! They are a great workout, and can really help train the "pull" in the deadlift.

RDL is slightly different than stiff legged, but they're both great for the hamstrings. I like Stiff legged better, but RDL is much easier on the back since you're keeping the bar close to your legs.

Well it's that time of year where I change things up and start working out in the mornings. With two kids and a fiancé at home, I like to have the spring and summer evenings with them so we can enjoy the outdoors. Lifting after work takes too much of those evenings away.

I worked out Monday night then was going to come back in Tuesday morning to begin the morning routine. Set the alarm for four thirty. Problem was I didn't get to bed till eleven so four thirty seemed like it came in no time. I hit the snooze twice, the third time I reset the alarm and went back to bed for another hour. Finally this morning I got up right at four thirty. This morning stuff is going to be tough. Mince I get up and get going I love it. I work out, eat some breakfast, shower and head to work felling ready to go. It's the getting out of the damn bed that has always sucked.

• 2 weeks later...

What does everyone prefer when it comes to squatting? Front or regular back squats? I've been trying front squats exclusively for the past month or so, can't do as much weight but it seems to really work the core muscles more.