For any fitness fanatics on this message board

Gimmicks like 7-minute workouts, or 30-minute workouts twice a week are a big problem IMO. People have a hard time grasping the fact that in order to truly live a healthy lifestyle and appear that you live a healthy lifestyle, you have to make a commitment to being active and eating right.

4 years ago when I cut pop from my diet, the weight started falling off. I'm to the point now where I maybe drink a pop once a month when I get a craving for it, but other than that, it's milk and water.

pop

This is my problem.

I did really good between Oct. and February when I was really planning my diet and working out. Golf season comes around and I'm not cooking as much. Free canned pop at my work is just the Devil.

pop

This is my problem.

Once you really realize the effect that stuff like that (pop, fried foods, sugary drinks, etc.) has on your body, and you wean yourself off of them cold turkey, after a while, they don't sound that good. Don't get me wrong, I still love pop, but drinking it frequently makes me feel like crap.

Another thing to consider for those of you who are struggling to lose weight is some sort of a detox regimen. 3 summers ago, I got a job selling a product called Diatomaceous Earth. Check it out: http://www.earthworkshealth.com/ It's a great product, it's completely chemical-free, and it's cheap. All you do is mix less than a tablespoon of this stuff in a drink, and it will pull a lot of the crud off the walls of your digestive system. I never quite grasped how unhealthy my diet was until I started using it.

pop

This is my problem.

Once you really realize the effect that stuff like that (pop, fried foods, sugary drinks, etc.) has on your body, and you wean yourself off of them cold turkey, after a while, they don't sound that good. Don't get me wrong, I still love pop, but drinking it frequently makes me feel like crap.

Another thing to consider for those of you who are struggling to lose weight is some sort of a detox regimen. 3 summers ago, I got a job selling a product called Diatomaceous Earth. Check it out: http://www.earthworkshealth.com/ It's a great product, it's completely chemical-free, and it's cheap. All you do is mix less than a tablespoon of this stuff in a drink, and it will pull a lot of the crud off the walls of your digestive system. I never quite grasped how unhealthy my diet was until I started using it.

Does it make you sh#t a lot?

What's everybodies thoughts on elliptical and/or stair climber machines? I used the stair climber the other night after lifting, and I must say that is one hell of a calf workout.

I'm sure I would like the stair climber, but the only time I tried it back when I was 14 or 15 I think I had a hard time not falling off. Ellipticals are ok, but they just feel to awkward to me. They do give you a good workout though.

Running, biking, and jump roping is where I'm at right now. But my knees are not to fond of the jogging, might need some new shoes...

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of shoes are you running in right now?

They're Nike Dual Fusion, I think. They worked fine last year but they're past there prime now. I'm flat footed too so my knees have always given me some issues.

What's everybodies thoughts on elliptical and/or stair climber machines? I used the stair climber the other night after lifting, and I must say that is one hell of a calf workout.

I'm pro-elliptical and/or stair climber machines.

I use elliptical to warm up before I lift, and stair climber afterwards. The first time my trainer at Gold's Gym in Lincoln (when that was still a thing) told me to hop on the stairmill for 5 minutes I thought he was crazy because I was used to doing 30-45 minutes of cardio. But I barely manged to complete the 5 minutes. Been a fan ever since.

It took me... let's see... 93% of my lifespan to cut out soda. I haven't missed it in the past year. I also haven't gotten sick a single time in the past eighteen months. (Though cutting out fast food might have more to do with that).

If it will help me shed the ~15lbs I want I guess I will give it a shot....sorry Dr. Pepper...my precious.....

pop

This is my problem.

Yes. :lol:

pop

This is my problem.

Yes. :lol:

Like non-stop or just more often? I just started at my new job a couple weeks ago and I don't want to be known as "the guy that sh*ts all the time" :)

Like non-stop or just more often? I just started at my new job a couple weeks ago and I don't want to be known as "the guy that sh*ts all the time" :)

The website say to take 1 tablespoon once a day. For about the first 2 weeks, I always recommended to start with a half of a table spoon. It will probably make you go 2-3 times a day. It shouldn't be diarrhea or anything, just obviously cleaning you out. It's great stuff. Truly fascinating IMO.

The website say to take 1 tablespoon once a day. For about the first 2 weeks, I always recommended to start with a half of a table spoon. It will probably make you go 2-3 times a day. It shouldn't be diarrhea or anything, just obviously cleaning you out. It's great stuff. Truly fascinating IMO.

I was reading a lot of the testimonials on the site. Sounds like a damn-near cure-all.

I'll probably give it a go.

A girl I worked with was doing some 30-day cleanse from AdvoCare. It was like $200, all chemicals, and she only lost 5 pounds. Didn't seem like much bang for your buck. I'm not expecting some weight-loss miracle, but I think it might be good to clean myself out and start eating healthier.

I thought it was well established "detoxing" is complete. . . well . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhob5rSabJ4