For any fitness fanatics on this message board

2 of the best fat-burning cardio methods...here it goes:

-low-intensity speed walking

-interval sprints

There ya go. = )

Probably going to do these today.

Had a little incident yesterday After biking. Got done after a 30 minute ride and almost passed out. Got tunnel vision, felt nauseous, knees went weak, and my fingers were tingling for awhile. It just hit me real quick. I was fine when I got off then I went inside to get water and it all came on at once. I think a combination of the heat, riding hard into the wind to begin with, and being slightly under-hydrated kicked my butt. Haven't felt that crappy since I went to a lifting camp at the University in high school.

-interval sprints

There ya go. = )

Had a little incident yesterday After biking. Got done after a 30 minute ride and almost passed out. Got tunnel vision, felt nauseous, knees went weak, and my fingers were tingling for a few awhile. It just hit me real quick. I was fine when I got off then I went inside to get water and it all came on at once. I think a combination of the heat, riding hard into the wind to begin with, and being slightly under-hydrated kicked my butt. Haven't felt that crappy since I went to a lifting camp at the University in high school.

Sounds like you had a Bo-gasm

-interval sprints

There ya go. = )

Had a little incident yesterday After biking. Got done after a 30 minute ride and almost passed out. Got tunnel vision, felt nauseous, knees went weak, and my fingers were tingling for a few awhile. It just hit me real quick. I was fine when I got off then I went inside to get water and it all came on at once. I think a combination of the heat, riding hard into the wind to begin with, and being slightly under-hydrated kicked my butt. Haven't felt that crappy since I went to a lifting camp at the University in high school.

Sounds like you had a Bo-gasm

Basically haha! I probably should have just puked, but I absolutely hate puking.

-interval sprints

There ya go. = )

What's your advice on the best lower ab workout? I have a 4 pack, but can't seem to get the lower abs.

-interval sprints

There ya go. = )

What's your advice on the best lower ab workout? I have a 4 pack, but can't seem to get the lower abs.

Two of the best IMO:

-Overall development....get yourself a roller wheel and have some fun.....those will murder your abs

-For the lower: ball options will work or just do hanging knee raises to target the lower abs

-interval sprints

There ya go. = )

Two of the best IMO:

-Overall development....get yourself a roller wheel and have some fun.....those will murder your abs

-For the lower: ball options will work or just do hanging knee raises to target the lower abs

notworthy.gif

-interval sprints

There ya go. = )

I was going to give similar advice as Chaddyboxer.

I think lower abs are best hit with exercises bringing you legs up, as opposed to your upper body up (if that makes sense). So things like hanging leg raises and reverse crunches.

-interval sprints

There ya go. = )

Two of the best IMO:

How bout lying leg raises? I did some of those last week and they felt pretty good.

OK...I'm 46 years old and as I have stated before, over the last year I have now lost 60 lbs. I am 6'2" and around 189 lbs. That's roughly 25%. I feel great.

However, I am a little lighter than I would like to be. I would like to be up more around 195-200. BUT, I only want to do that if I can gain muscle. I also still have this layer of fat around my mid section. I want abs.

So, I am on a mission now to get abs. I believe I should accomplish this through weight lifting and gaining muscle which would in tern burn more calories and I should lose that layer of fat around my mid section. I would have abs and look better because I would have a little more bulk.

Am I thinking right on this? I still want to do a fair share of cardio between running and biking this summer.

I already watch what I eat very closely. I concentrate on low fat, quality whole foods. For the most part, I stay away from processed foods like refined grains. I'm trying to work more protein into my diet to build muscle.

OK...I'm 46 years old and as I have stated before, over the last year I have now lost 60 lbs. I am 6'2" and around 189 lbs. That's roughly 25%. I feel great.

However, I am a little lighter than I would like to be. I would like to be up more around 195-200. BUT, I only want to do that if I can gain muscle. I also still have this layer of fat around my mid section. I want abs.

So, I am on a mission now to get abs. I believe I should accomplish this through weight lifting and gaining muscle which would in tern burn more calories and I should lose that layer of fat around my mid section. I would have abs and look better because I would have a little more bulk.

Am I thinking right on this? I still want to do a fair share of cardio between running and biking this summer.

I already watch what I eat very closely. I concentrate on low fat, quality whole foods. For the most part, I stay away from processed foods like refined grains. I'm trying to work more protein into my diet to build muscle.

If all you want is abs, then just do crunches and sit-ups while dieting. Abs are made in the kitchen, not in the weight room.

That's what I basically have been doing for the last 17 months and still have some fat around the middle. Anyone who looks at me would say I'm pretty skinny. So, being "fat" is not the issue. But, I just can't seem to get rid of that last little bit around the middle.

Well considering you're 6'2" and 190 lbs., you probably just need to start working your abs if you want them to be defined. Like you said, the fat should disperse once you build them up. It probably won't go away but will be less noticeable.