The next player thats gonna get us all excited at this years Red-White game

I don't know which spring game some of you guys watched. But Abdullah wasn't in the Spring game, he wasn't even on campus yet. I don't understand how you can be excited for a guy during a game when he even isn't in Lincoln yet. My feeling from everyone was that Jamal Turner and Brion Carnes were the biggest standouts, especially Carnes since statiscally he did better than Martinez and Green. In fact Kellogg had a better game than Martinez and Green. Which is pretty sad when your 3rd and 4th string QB's do a better job than your starter and backup.

That aside. If i am watching for anyone during the spring game, its gonna be the LB spot. I'll be keeping my eye on Santos or anyone that makes a big splash on the radar. I haven't heard if Charles Jackson is gonna be here, but if he is, i will be watching him, if not, maybe Seisay, but I'm not gonna get too excited about it. I'll be keeping my eye on hopefully a healthy Osborne. It would good to see how Baptiste continues to develop as a CB. I wanna see what spots Cooper and Harvey Jackson line up as this year. Joseph Carter got plenty of playing time this year, but statisically he was quiet, would like to see him make more noise at the DE or DT spot.

Offensively, i wanna see some of the new guys on the OL step up, like Sterup, Reeves, Klachko, and maybe Price. Its gonna be interesting to see who lines up as center. With the exception of Turner, Bell and Enunwa, i would like to see who else can exhibit the skills necessary to catch the ball and the speed to stretch the secondary. I would definitely like to see a clear cut #2 back set themselves apart from the famous 3 bunch. Kinda want to see someone other than Reed and Cotton play well at the tight end spot so i don't feel so panicky at the end of the next season.

If Charles Jackson makes it here this year. He won't play in the spring game until next year. I made the same mistake by saying Andrus Peat. I really want see what Santos and Todd Peat can do.

Ok, so I'll count CJ out then. FB Mike Marrow will be someone that i will keep an eye out for.

I don't really get caught up in the rivals or yahoo sports stars they give athletes. Santos was highly touted by OUR LB coach Els and his opinion matters to me, but at this point with losing David, i'm looking for anyone to get out there and try to fill David's shoes. Whether its Pirman, Roach, Santos, Slaughter, Starkebaum, or even Stoddard (boy we have quite a few guys at LB whose last name starts with an S) just as long as they tackle cleanly, get to the ball quickly, cause turnovers, or shed blocks and tackle behind the scrimmage line, I'm happy.