Braylon Heard moved to DB?

Apathy

The Dude and True to the Red................stay on topic and discuss the topic. Quit getting in a pissing match.............if you can't stop take it to the woodshed, that's what it's there for. Continue on.............................and I think this is a good move.

No need, I already won the pissing match.

Moving Braylon to DB is essentially the same as bringing in a 3 for 3 JUCO CB....

Not a bad move IMO. If there's a logjam and we can get our best athletes on the field this way, I'm all for it. The biggest knocks on Heard coming out of HS were his power as a runner and his size. Those traits aren't as important as a CB, given he can jam a receiver when he needs to...

Seem to remember a kid that was moved from Running Back to Corner and was a first round draft pick....

In Braylon's recruiting process many schools said he was an all-conference running back, but all-American cornerback.

I never get to make a contribution because you tend to say what I want to say, ya jerk store lol

I think some people are putting the stars ahead of production as far as our young talent at RB. What was so impressive about them during the season that leads you to believe they'll be stars? I think they all looked small, and sure they can put on weight, but are they going to keep there speed and elusiveness? I just feel its a bit presumptious to believe we have great depth at RB right now. Not saying they won't be great, just too early to tell.

Cross

Green

Abdullah

Burkhead

Good Move.

Abdullah - 42 carries

Heard - 25 carries

Green - 24 carries

Cross - Not even signed - 0 carries

Marrow - Incoming transfer - 0 carries

Take Heard and his 25 carries away from that group and you have two true freshman that had a total of 66 carries between the two of them all season.

Or take those 25 carries give them to Abdullah and Green and BOOM, they have 91 carries.

Or take those 25 carries, give them to Burkhead. Thenn take Abdullah's and Green's carries (66), and give them to Burkhead!

So we have 66+25+285 (Burkhead's original carries this season)= 376 carries for Burkhead!

AND WE AREN'T STOPPING THERE!

Let's bench Martinez too, nobody seems to like him anyways. We'll just put Burkhead at QB/RB/C/WR/DT.

376 carries for Burkhead+188 of Tmart's carries = 564 carries for Burkhead this season! AHHH!

Now that we have our carry number, lets find some averages!

We'll use the 564 carries, and multiply that by his season average for carries in 2011, which was 4.8 yard per carry.

564 x 4.8 yards = 2707.2 yards?!?!?!?! Oh boy.

Now Burkhead rushed the ball 285 times this season, and scored 15 touchdowns. So we'll do the math, and find out that Burkhead scores once about every 19 rushes. So we'll divide his total of 564 carries by 19 to = 29 touchdowns!

2700 yards and 29 touchdowns?!?!

BURKHEAD FOR HEISMAN!!!

dcb3c4d22003f60c5f896758a09e615d.gif

4876696414_d3f62d18be_z.jpg

d'oh, this again! :P

Prince did not start out as WR, Bo did not move him to corner...

2007 (Freshman)

Amukamara played for Nebraska as a true freshman, serving in a reserve role in the secondary, while also providing standout special teams play. He did not play in the first three games, but appeared in eight of the final nine games. He totaled four tackles, including two against Kansas State.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=831150

d'oh, this again! :P

Prince did not start out as WR, Bo did not move him to corner...

I remember fans of other schools who wanted him (don't remember which ones) complaining that Callahan promised him a shot at RB while they shot him straight and said he'd fit in best as a CB. Seems that Prince was under the impression he'd be an RB, too (sour grapes in an Arizona paper). Pelini won Prince (and Suh) over and got him to stay.

Sorry if this has been covered ad nauseum on this board.

Cross

Green

Abdullah

Burkhead

Good Move.

don't forget Marrow...they are utilizing him as a RB/FB....lil bit of both I believe. Aaaaaaand from sources "in the know" that are right most of the time....they are stating he is moving tTo DB. Corey Cooper (S/DB) is moving to LB as well.

For spring ball at least. Evans will probably work out at safety too. AA will also take a few reps at DB just like he did last October.