Who should the next Nebrasketball coach be?

GWH

I think Marshall would be a very good possibility. Marshall, Brad Stevens and Pastner would be the guys on my short list.

Marshall should be TOs first call. He is proven and plays a really fun style.

Stevens would be awesome. I still think he ends up some where bigger.

Pastner is going to be a Big East coach at a great program. No chance there.

I think Marshall would be a very good possibility. Marshall, Brad Stevens and Pastner would be the guys on my short list.

Marshall should be TOs first call. He is proven and plays a really fun style.

Stevens would be awesome. I still think he ends up some where bigger.

Pastner is going to be a Big East coach at a great program. No chance there.

Brad Stevens comes off to me as someone that would like to go to a bigger conference but would be willing to coach somewhere he could become the standard. Enter Nebraska! I think this would be a huge get!

He knows the recruiting landscape and we could sell him on the new facilities!

Go to the big time schools and offer the assistants more than what they're getting.

There is a lot of merit in this train of thought. The assistants at some of the traditional power basketball schools often have the best recruiting connections. Plus they can name drop to build an association between their background and Nebraska. For example Duke has 2 assistant Head Coaches. Coach K isn't staying forever, one of those guys is probably going to be the heir apparent. They probably know which one it is inhouse. I would try and talk to both of them. The one that is 2nd fiddle, might be interested in starting his own legacy and not want to report to a former peer.

Go to the big time schools and offer the assistants more than what they're getting.

There is a lot of merit in this train of thought. The assistants at some of the traditional power basketball schools often have the best recruiting connections. Plus they can name drop to build an association between their background and Nebraska. For example Duke has 2 assistant Head Coaches. Coach K isn't staying forever, one of those guys is probably going to be the heir apparent. They probably know which one it is inhouse. I would try and talk to both of them. The one that is 2nd fiddle, might be interested in starting his own legacy and not want to report to a former peer.

How did the Quinn Synder experiment work out................??

Hard to believe but Sipple had an entire column on Eric Strickland lobbying for the Head Job of Nebraska basketball today..................(evidently based on Hoibergs success at Iowa St).................

While I'd like to see Strick involved in the program in SOME facet, I don't think I'd go so far as to push him (with NO coaching experience) for Head Coach.

Additionally, these continuing articles almost make it seem like it's a done deal that Doc is history..................and while I hope that is true, it will be a cold slap of reality if T.O. decides to keep him on.............

Hard to believe but Sipple had an entire column on Eric Strickland lobbying for the Head Job of Nebraska basketball today..................(evidently based on Hoibergs success at Iowa St).................

While I'd like to see Strick involved in the program in SOME facet, I don't think I'd go so far as to push him (with NO coaching experience) for Head Coach.

Additionally, these continuing articles almost make it seem like it's a done deal that Doc is history..................and while I hope that is true, it will be a cold slap of reality if T.O. decides to keep him on.............

I really don't think TO can keep him at this point unless he wins out. You think Devaney is empty now? Wait until the entire fanbase is monumentally disappointed with the announcement that Doc is returning. I mean hell, even our "impressive" win over Illinois was clearly due more to a team that has quit on their coach more than Doc suddenly figuring out how to coach.

I'll admit, Sipple's article scared the bejesus out of me, because Tom is just incompetent enough as an AD to think Strickland as HC is a good idea. Hell he's already done it once with our baseball team. I mean, god forbid we hire someone who never played or coached at NU!?!?!?!!?!

Greg Marshall intrigues me. I've got to admit, Butler's coach doesn't. I know what he did with them, and i was as impressed as anyone, but he runs a slow it down, lull the other team to sleep kind of approach that I really don't want to see any more of. I would think a dynamic offensive attack in the Big Ten could make some real noise.

I really don't think TO can keep him at this point unless he wins out. You think Devaney is empty now? Wait until the entire fanbase is monumentally disappointed with the announcement that Doc is returning. I mean hell, even our "impressive" win over Illinois was clearly due more to a team that has quit on their coach more than Doc suddenly figuring out how to coach.

I'll admit, Sipple's article scared the bejesus out of me, because Tom is just incompetent enough as an AD to think Strickland as HC is a good idea. Hell he's already done it once with our baseball team. I mean, god forbid we hire someone who never played or coached at NU!?!?!?!!?!

Greg Marshall intrigues me. I've got to admit, Butler's coach doesn't. I know what he did with them, and i was as impressed as anyone, but he runs a slow it down, lull the other team to sleep kind of approach that I really don't want to see any more of. I would think a dynamic offensive attack in the Big Ten could make some real noise.

WOW!!!

i dont think he is looking to leave or would even consider but i would find out about buzz williams at marquette.

From a solid top 25 Big East program to Nebrasketball. That will be a short conversation.

This is going to be a tough position to fill with an AD working without a contract. I think many of you need to lower your expectations.

So you are going to judge a new coaching staff by the first 3 games? What if the 9th inning meltdowns did not occur and we hung on for wins? Would Erstad be an early success? Fool...

I would be the first person in line, if NU would somehow land Ben Howland if UCLA runs him out of Westwood like a lot birds are chirpping. By the way that would be a epic moronic decision if UCLA's AD wouldd do that.

Oh my God if UCLA does that, NU needs to back the Brinks Truck up.