DT Toby Johnson *

Nexus

Basically, if he can't go to Georgia, we hav us another DT is what it's sounding like.

If this is the case we are sitting pretty good. UGA already has 30 commits (gosh damn), and they are still in the running for for 4 five stars (L. Tunsil (OL), M.Adams (DT), R. Foster (ILB), and M. Thomas (OLB)), not to mention A. Kamara and whoever else they are recruiting.

Putting two and two together I'm gonna say that UGA is probably slow-playing him.

He is looking away from Georgia cause Rodney Garner left from Georgia for Auburn. He is visiting Auburn before he makes his decision. Ben Bradley seems to have us as a favorite, but there is still no reason for us to believe that Toby has put us towards the top of his list. Package deals are not something Nebraska has ever had luck with. Both Ben and Toby coming here seems to be more rumors and speculation at this point. There is some teeth to Bradley looking our way though.

• Fire 1

He is looking away from Georgia cause Rodney Garner left from Georgia for Auburn. He is visiting Auburn before he makes his decision. Ben Bradley seems to have us as a favorite, but there is still no reason for us to believe that Toby has put us towards the top of his list. Package deals are not something Nebraska has ever had luck with. Both Ben and Toby coming here seems to be more rumors and speculation at this point. There is some teeth to Bradley looking our way though.

I agree with you, but in most cases package deals are one stud and another guy who is not as highly regarded. In this case, they are both legit 4 star guys and they are best friends. And Yoshi Hardrick and Lavonte was a pretty good "package deal" situation that worked for us. We may not be on the top of the list for Toby, but we have always been quite high on his list and he has visited campus twice and enjoyed himself greatly both times. Not saying it is likely we get both, but IF they did end up at the same school, we would probably be the most likely school in which that happens

Posted this in the Bradley thread as well. http://www.tigerboar...essage=10319489

Already been posted in each thread but noticed the comments this time around.... god I hate misery

Me too. Here's my favorite exchange:

poster 1 - I don't know how you could turn down a chance to start right away and play right next to your best friend, in the SEC, on a team where you're needed and wanted. Nebraska is in the Big Rusty League and UGA doesn't want Bradley (plus they're a 3-4). Not sure what UT's DT situation is like, but that is most certainly the case at Mizzou.

poster 2 -Take off your gold and black glasses. You are looking at only our positives. There is also a negative side. I.e. we're coming off a losing record, we aren't going to a bowl game, if we have another losing season next fall we may very well have a coaching change. Etc, etc, etc. Also, kids choose programs for a lot of different reasons, i.e. the coach, their position coach, playing time, winning, going to bowls, etc. And finally they're kids and in Keith Jackson's words "the only consistent thing about young men is their inconsistency".

poster3 - How about you put yours on for once. All you do is concentrate on the negatives just like the beakers. Either support Mizzou or go somewhere else.

poster 4 - Agreed.

Sooooo one guy on the board tries to be reasonable and not dillusional, and he gets bashed for it. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...