Josh Williams no longer with team

what a dumb sh#t, who throws away a college career and edjucation for some pot?

Its a Williams thing. First Ricky now Josh.

Don't forget a guy that could have been a big time contributor. Oh, and his last name is Williams fits the billl, CHRIS WILLIAMS

I'm still disappointed in that. He was going to be something special. His highlight film was great.

I think the country's policy on weed is just plain stupid. We waste money where we could be making it and throw people in jail over possession of something that grows in the ground. That said, you can go without weed for piss-sakes and you have to be smarter than this. Oh well, Ankrah and Carter should be ready. Also would like to see the DE's from the '10 class start doing something.

• Fire 4
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Williams has found a soft landing at KU, but he's aware of the gravity of his situation:

Williams’ troubles at Nebraska started before he arrived on campus. He was arrested in 2008 in his hometown of Denton, Texas, and accused of punching a man and robbing him of $900, according to the Denton Record-Chronicle. The Lincoln Journal Star also reported Williams was cited on suspicion of consuming alcohol as a minor during his freshman season.

Coach Charlie Weis said he conducted a background check and established ground rules before offering Williams a spot on the team.

“It’s not important what you guys know; it’s what I know,” Weis told reporters earlier this summer. “I did the whole background and said to him, ‘You come here, here’s the deal. That’s the way it’s going to operate. If you want in on that, we have a good shot.’ ”

Williams said he appreciated the candor, as well as the opportunity to start fresh.

“It was time to become a better person and move on with my life, move on with football and go onto better things,” Williams said.

LINK

Williams has found a soft landing at KU, but he's aware of the gravity of his situation:

Williams’ troubles at Nebraska started before he arrived on campus. He was arrested in 2008 in his hometown of Denton, Texas, and accused of punching a man and robbing him of $900, according to the Denton Record-Chronicle. The Lincoln Journal Star also reported Williams was cited on suspicion of consuming alcohol as a minor during his freshman season.

Coach Charlie Weis said he conducted a background check and established ground rules before offering Williams a spot on the team.

“It’s not important what you guys know; it’s what I know,” Weis told reporters earlier this summer. “I did the whole background and said to him, ‘You come here, here’s the deal. That’s the way it’s going to operate. If you want in on that, we have a good shot.’ ”

Williams said he appreciated the candor, as well as the opportunity to start fresh.

“It was time to become a better person and move on with my life, move on with football and go onto better things,” Williams said.

LINK

So KU is better than Nebraska. Good luck.

I think the country's policy on weed is just plain stupid. We waste money where we could be making it and throw people in jail over possession of something that grows in the ground. That said, you can go without weed for piss-sakes and you have to be smarter than this. Oh well, Ankrah and Carter should be ready. Also would like to see the DE's from the '10 class start doing something.

Yep.

Yes, it is insanely stupid. So massively stupid but cops, judges, lawyers & jail constructors just love it. But as you say, he knew it was a no-no. Oh well......