S Marcus McWilson [Kentucky - Signed NLI]

Nexus

"As of right now, I am still committed to Nebraska. I always have been. I haven't visited anywhere else," McWilson told the site. "But I know coach (Vince) Marrow and I know coach (Mark) Stoops, and they've had a lot of good things to say about Kentucky. They want me to come down and take a look at what they have to offer before I make my final decision. I've been thinking lately that maybe I ended (the recruiting process) too early and that I need to at least take a look at (UK) before I sign with anybody. It's just a comfort thing for me right now."

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/life-in-the-red/recruiting-an-eye-on-mcwilson/article_dafc158c-61c3-11e2-8f30-0019bb2963f4.html

Take it for whatever it is worth......

Well I'd honestly just want him to leave now than after a year of being on the team like we've seen. Either you are commited or not. I understand you may think you commited too early but if you are so golible to believe the sh#t coming out of stoops and marrows mouth about how great Kentucky would be than just visit. Visit and see what you think. If its a better for you than fine, I think we'd all understand (mostly). But if you just sign without visiting something fishy is up and that's what will have people on here saying sh#t about you.

Nebraska is better than Kentucky at literally everything in regards to football. Facilities, Stadium, getting DBs in the league....look at our depth chart too at the safety position. We are young as hell. If he picks Kentucky it is all about Marrow because they literally have nothing to sell but the "turn this baby around" pitch

Marrow recruited hard when he was here (I think) and he has to do the same for Kentucky. It sucks when this happens but, you know, hate the game not the player. I know I had fun reading the ISU boards when we got Suttle.

It would be a weird decision, though. Marrow wouldn't even be his position coach. Stoops is going to have a hell of a challenge down there.

Definitely doesn't help our cause to rag on the recruit.

Odd development from Jeff mason with 247

@RedSideline: I had been holding on to a strand of hope, but I'm now comfortable saying I think McWilson signs with Kentucky on NSD. Unfortunate.

I'm getting pretty nervous about this kid, to much smoke to be nothing...

This is a big time prospect (lots of natural talent), and Bo has a track record developing standout players in the secondary. Would be great to see him in scarlet and cream next year. Hope he stays N!

• Fire 1

Odd development from Jeff mason with 247

@RedSideline: I had been holding on to a strand of hope, but I'm now comfortable saying I think McWilson signs with Kentucky on NSD. Unfortunate.

I'm getting pretty nervous about this kid, to much smoke to be nothing...

I'll believe it when I see it, I can't for the life of me see him bolting for Kentucky of all places sight unseen. I'm not buying it.

what i dont get is him leaving a teammate to go to kentucky.

i assumed all along that love and him were going to enjoy playing together at nu.

just wierd......reminds of brion carnes recruitment at the end where there were alot

of conflicting stories going all sorts of ways.