S Marcus McWilson [Kentucky - Signed NLI]

Nexus

I'm in my 2nd year doing Multimedia Journalism at Uni and I just got a sports Internship with Bleacher Report. One of the problems a lot of trainee journalists face is the fact that they sometimes can't announce what site or paper they are representing because their superiors dont want them namedropping to get an interview. For Instance, although I write for bleacher report, I'm not allowed to mention that to a player before he agrees to speak to me, I have to make contact and get him to hopefully agree to speak to me and only then can I mention where I want to publish the article. Writing about teams you support is the best of both worlds because then you are really interested in the subject, thats why I love to write about the 49ers and Nebraska and some other teams.

Really good questions, you always have to ask the usual 'which team do you follow' and which player do you admire' so I like the variety of questions you guys have

You write for blechereport? What is your name I am on that site very often.

Can't say this is a

shocker-outline-sticker.gif

But seriously +1's for the laughs fellas

I'm in my 2nd year doing Multimedia Journalism at Uni and I just got a sports Internship with Bleacher Report. One of the problems a lot of trainee journalists face is the fact that they sometimes can't announce what site or paper they are representing because their superiors dont want them namedropping to get an interview. For Instance, although I write for bleacher report, I'm not allowed to mention that to a player before he agrees to speak to me, I have to make contact and get him to hopefully agree to speak to me and only then can I mention where I want to publish the article. Writing about teams you support is the best of both worlds because then you are really interested in the subject, thats why I love to write about the 49ers and Nebraska and some other teams.

Really good questions, you always have to ask the usual 'which team do you follow' and which player do you admire' so I like the variety of questions you guys have

You write for blechereport? What is your name I am on that site very often.

This helps me understand so much! :laughpound

HighFive.gif

20120216084054-2af49de6.gif

• Fire 1

Is it true that McWilson may graduate early and enroll in January? (I can't remember if I read this in regards to McWilson or Love.) There won't be much depth at safety when McWilson arrives, and he ought to have a chance to compete for playing time early. A January enrollment could really help his chances if he wants to see the field as a true freshman.

Is it true that McWilson may graduate early and enroll in January? (I can't remember if I read this in regards to McWilson or Love.) There won't be much depth at safety when McWilson arrives, and he ought to have a chance to compete for playing time early. A January enrollment could really help his chances if he wants to see the field as a true freshman.

Courtney love is a for sure early enrollee, not sure about mcwilson. christian lacatoure is also an early enroll

These are the types of kids I am proud to say that we have in our program. He is not the only one, but it makes me very happy to know that we might not get any player we want out of California, Texas, Ohio, or Florida, but we get kids like this that are more than capable of competing for Championships, and will make us proud to be Husker fans off the field as well.

Congrats young man, and well done Bo and staff for getting a player like this away from Ohio State. Not a small task.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...