S Marcus McWilson [Kentucky - Signed NLI]

Nexus

• 2 months later...

Mr. McWilson has Bieber Fever. :D

Marcus McWilson is one of the top defensive back prospects in the country. A senior at Youngstown (Ohio) Cardinal Mooney High, McWilson is a four-star recruit who has committed to Nebraska. He's a speedy yet hard hitting safety who has made a name for himself by proving his toughness.

And that's precisely what makes McWilson's pregame routine so bizarre. According to an interview with USA Today, McWilson can't take the field until he's listened to Justin Bieber.

"OK, I'll just admit it; I have to listen to Justin Bieber before I hit the field before a game," McWilson told USA Today. "That's right, I said it. I listen to his song 'Baby' and I love it. I know I'll get a lot of flack over this, but that's just my thing. I've gotta do it. I just don't feel right if I don't hear it before the game.

"I play better when I hear Bieber. That's just how it is."

While McWilson is almost certainly right about the hard time his teammates will give him, his logic for listening to "the Biebs" also holds true. McWilson said that mellowing out to 'Baby' helps keep him loose, which in turn ensures that he can play with better reactions.

Continue Reading

Mr. McWilson has Bieber Fever. :D

Marcus McWilson is one of the top defensive back prospects in the country. A senior at Youngstown (Ohio) Cardinal Mooney High, McWilson is a four-star recruit who has committed to Nebraska. He's a speedy yet hard hitting safety who has made a name for himself by proving his toughness.

And that's precisely what makes McWilson's pregame routine so bizarre. According to an interview with USA Today, McWilson can't take the field until he's listened to Justin Bieber.

"OK, I'll just admit it; I have to listen to Justin Bieber before I hit the field before a game," McWilson told USA Today. "That's right, I said it. I listen to his song 'Baby' and I love it. I know I'll get a lot of flack over this, but that's just my thing. I've gotta do it. I just don't feel right if I don't hear it before the game.

"I play better when I hear Bieber. That's just how it is."

While McWilson is almost certainly right about the hard time his teammates will give him, his logic for listening to "the Biebs" also holds true. McWilson said that mellowing out to 'Baby' helps keep him loose, which in turn ensures that he can play with better reactions.

Continue Reading

He can listen to the Barney song for all I care as long as he brings it every game.

• 4 weeks later...