O8n7o.png

Player: Marcus Newby

Hometown: North Potomac, MD

School: Quince Orchard

Position: LB

Height: 6'1"

Weight: 205

40 time: 4.68

Offers: Arizona, Maryland, Nebraska, Rutgers, South Carolina, UCF, Virginia, Virginia Tech

ca5E4.gif

Rivals: :star :star :star :star

Scout: :star :star :star

247: :star :star :star :star

ESPN: :star :star :star :star

News on Newby from Husker Journal:

FEBRUARY 23, 2012. ALL TEAMS MESSAGE BOARDS MARCUS NEWBY, LB, 6-1, 210, NORTH POTOMAC (QUINCE ORCHARD), MARYLAND

Marcus has offers from Arizona, Maryland, Nebraska, North Carolina State, Rutgers, South Carolina, UCF, Virginia, Virginia Tech and West Virginia.

“I’ve been to Maryland Junior Day’s and I’m going to Virginia Tech.” Newby said

“Maryland Junior Day’s they teach you about Maryland football, put you in position meetings so you can learn base defense, yea, so I thought that was good.” Newby said

“They (Maryland) want me pretty bad they said I’m a great player and would love to have me and play for them the next four years.” Newby said

“The games at Maryland are intense I’ve been to the Virginia and Maryland game this past football season.”

Have Interest In Nebraska?

“Yes I do, I love how they run their defense plus their defensive coordinator J P (Papnnn) he’s from Q O (Quince Orchard) too so I feel like I have a connection with him. He wants me pretty bad because a former player Jason Ankrah played for Q O.” Newby said

“Basically he (J P) was telling me how he has connections - Jason is from Q O and I’m from Q O. And he wants me to come for spring practices.” Newby said

“Basically J P said he would like me to come up there, I’m a great player, wants me to play for them because they need fast (LB’s) who can run side line to side line like me.”

Newby did say he will make it up for a spring practice.

“I don’t know a lot about Nebraska I watch a lot of their games how they run their defense and how the linebackers play.”

Distance Not A Factor

“I don’t want to go too far from home,” he said, “I just want to go long ways from home. I want my family see me play.” Newby said

“Nah it’s good,” in response if Nebraska is too far away.

“Actually what kind of academic school they have, what percent graduates. Academics are very important to me. If I like it there, what kind of coaching staff they have.””

cornhead.gif

im very happy to get him here for our 2nd jr day that is huge. He loves coach P and from what im finding out everyone loves him. Newby will be REALLY hard to get away from home but he would be one of our biggest steals this class if we could get him

scout actually has him as a 3 star. just pointing that out to nexus to fix it. not a knock on him at all he is still everything we want and more

im very happy to get him here for our 2nd jr day that is huge. He loves coach P and from what im finding out everyone loves him. Newby will be REALLY hard to get away from home but he would be one of our biggest steals this class if we could get him

Seems you could have said that about each of our commits the past 3 years. In every single thread it seems this is stated somewhere. More often than not we get the talent we want.

If this kid and Clayborne want N you take both of them end of story. The Clayborne kid is the real f'ing deal.

Seems you could have said that about each of our commits the past 3 years. In every single thread it seems this is stated somewhere. More often than not we get the talent we want.

If this kid and Clayborne want N you take both of them end of story. The Clayborne kid is the real f'ing deal.

Its Claiborne... Claiborne

So many different spellings for that name. Regardless, the mistake doesnt refute my point... point.

So many different spellings for that name. Regardless, the mistake doesnt refute my point... point.

I agree with you, Claiborne is the real deal. Personally wish we would pursue Tim Kimbrough more, but I wouldn't be sad with Claiborne... Claiborne

Curious where this will leave us with Deon Hollins, if he does in fact re-open his recruitment.

hollins might be looked at as a DE. von miller type. he has a frame to put on weight and is great off the edge

was slated to come to our 2nd junior day but has stated that he will be committing this week. He trimmed his list down again to Cal, Oregon, Nebraska. I really hope he commits to us he is one of my favorite prospects on our board. If he doesnt commit to nebraska this week It'll make me wonder if he would cancel his upcoming visit for junior day.

http://nebraska.scout.com/2/1190338.html

was slated to come to our 2nd junior day but has stated that he will be committing this week. He trimmed his list down again to Cal, Oregon, Nebraska. I really hope he commits to us he is one of my favorite prospects on our board. If he doesnt commit to nebraska this week It'll make me wonder if he would cancel his upcoming visit for junior day.

http://nebraska.scou.../2/1190338.html

Oregon scares me.

yea both those schools scare me but if he was planning a visit to us he has legitimate interest in us. After all we do have our ace on this kid, pupuchis is his recruiter. Its interesting cal and oregon are the other teams in his top 3. I dont even see on his page on any of the recruiting sites where oregon or cal has offered him. This sounds more like it would be RB terrell newbys final 3 haha.

its terrell newby. and we have a good shot with oregons rb commits and even cal has a 4 star commit at rb and depth at rb on there roster. he is coming to our 2nd junior day over cal's. It looks good right now but we will see

its terrell newby. and we have a good shot with oregons rb commits and even cal has a 4 star commit at rb and depth at rb on there roster. he is coming to our 2nd junior day over cal's. It looks good right now but we will see

I do not have any inside information to make this claim but it is very clear to me that this kid is a lock for Cal. He has stated "cal is his dream school" he has been to their campus multiple times, he has a glow about him when he talks about Cal that he does not have about other schools. I think he has moved his commitment up to secure himself a spot there and our coaches are probably very well aware we have a very very small chance at him. 9/10 times kids stay close to home. This kid likes that Cal is in his backyard and he has come to the realization he is not getting an offer from USC.

I do not have any inside information to make this claim but it is very clear to me that this kid is a lock for Cal. He has stated "cal is his dream school" he has been to their campus multiple times, he has a glow about him when he talks about Cal that he does not have about other schools. I think he has moved his commitment up to secure himself a spot there and our coaches are probably very well aware we have a very very small chance at him. 9/10 times kids stay close to home. This kid likes that Cal is in his backyard and he has come to the realization he is not getting an offer from USC.

Can we get thread back on Marcus TE linebacker seeing how this is his profile!

probably my favorite prospect that is going to be at BRW. With him bando and love we would have one of the top LB classes in the whole nation. I REALLY hope we impress him alot!

Newby's high school coach attended BRW with him and had this to say:

I now see why Nebraska has been regarded as one of college footballs special places.

LINK

• Upvote 1

Newby's high school coach attended BRW with him and had this to say:

I now see why Nebraska has been regarded as one of college footballs special places.

LINK

that is definetly a good sign........

Said he "loved" his visit.

"Former Quince Orchard player, Jason Ankrah, basically showed me around campus, and he introduced me to some of the guys. So it went well. It's been the best yet."

We're in his top 6 along with Maryland, Penn State, West Virginia, Oklahoma and Rutgers.

Wants a place with strong academic support and early playing time is also important. Wants to commit before season starts.

Will come down to us Maryland and Oklahoma, going to be a tough pull from the home state.

It will be between Maryland and Nebraska. No plans to visit OU yet, and I have faith that JP will work his Quince Orchard connection the entire time.

Will come down to us Maryland and Oklahoma, going to be a tough pull from the home state.

It will be between Maryland and Nebraska. No plans to visit OU yet, and I have faith that JP will work his Quince Orchard connection the entire time.

Im pretty sure he went to OU straight from here, could be wrong thou. Having Ankrah there to talk to helped as well, same HS..... as you know.

Edit: ya found it

"Following their trip to Nebraska, Newby and his coach were heading to check out Oklahoma."

Im pretty sure he went to OU straight from here, could be wrong thou. Having Ankrah there to talk to helped as well, same HS..... as you know.

Edit: ya found it

"Following their trip to Nebraska, Newby and his coach were heading to check out Oklahoma."

Good catch.

I heard Penn State was up on his board and he was leaning towards them a couple of months back?

I tend to lean toward this. Think a lot needs to happen for him to choose us.

sounds like none of you guys know whats going on.... but do we ever?

They're both wrong. My inside sources tell me it's down to either Middle Tennessee State or an offer from the prestigious University of Guam for this guy.

sounds like none of you guys know whats going on.... but do we ever?

They're both wrong. My inside sources tell me it's down to either Middle Tennessee State or an offer from the prestigious University of Guam for this guy.

The mighty Guanos are in on this kid? Game over man, game over!

sounds like its down to us and Maryland

539573.JPG

You can understand any of that?

That's alot easier to understand than some other people's tweets.

Say we get Marcus Newby. Then look at a two year window. That's one hell of a young group of linebackers. Hypothetical, but fun to think about.

sounds like its down to us and Maryland

539573.JPG

That's alot easier to understand than some other people's tweets.

That's easier to understand than most people's posts on here.

• Upvote 2

he also visited penn state after oklahoma. also is planning tirps to west virginia, rugters and maryland. after all the visits he may be close to making a decision. I think it says something he visited us first.

Really like our chances here. It's also very important his head football coach had a great time as well.

I understand being annoyed at crap grammar, but people talk in slang all the damn time. That's all it is. It just happens to be the kind of slang that you likely don't hear in every day life. They aren't typing "ight" because they actually think that's the correct way to say the thing. Jason doesn't actually think that brother is spelled bruh. I get kind of annoyed at people bringing this kind of thing up over and over again like it actually reflects on the person's intelligence. (Not trying to single you out by I see this post all the time). The only thing that bothers me in the tweets is that "its" doesn't have an apostrophe ;)

Now if this was an essay or a professional letter, then it would be bad.

• Upvote 2

I understand being annoyed at crap grammar, but people talk in slang all the damn time. That's all it is. It just happens to be the kind of slang that you likely don't hear in every day life. They aren't typing "ight" because they actually think that's the correct way to say the thing. Jason doesn't actually think that brother is spelled bruh. I get kind of annoyed at people bringing this kind of thing up over and over again like it actually reflects on the person's intelligence. (Not trying to single you out by I see this post all the time). The only thing that bothers me in the tweets is that "its" doesn't have an apostrophe ;)

Now if this was an essay or a professional letter, then it would be bad.

Fair enough. I wasn't insinuating that they weren't smart. Amused more than anything else. I don't use Twitter and had to think for a second what "ight" meant.

I just realized that I bought this guy's high school coaches a beer last year. They were at Jack's Bar before a Husker home game and one of them sat down at our table during a game of Stranger Danger. :lol:

Cool guys. They were having a fantastic time . . . in fact one guy said that they would be coming back to Lincoln for one game every year regardless of whether they had a former player on the team. (They were watching Ankrah.)

If they were having as good of a time as they claimed . . . and they pass their enthusiasm on to Newby . . . our chances go up.

I just realized that I bought this guy's high school coaches a beer last year. They were at Jack's Bar before a Husker home game and one of them sat down at our table during a game of Stranger Danger. :lol:

Cool guys. They were having a fantastic time . . . in fact one guy said that they would be coming back to Lincoln for one game every year regardless of whether they had a former player on the team. (They were watching Ankrah.)

If they were having as good of a time as they claimed . . . and they pass their enthusiasm on to Newby . . . our chances go up.

Make sure you buy all of their drinks this year! :wasted

Make sure you buy all of their drinks this year! :wasted

That would probably be a violation now. :P